Ageing, Disability and Home Care Employee Reviews

Worst place to on earth
Disability Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 July 2017
This has to be the worst place to work on earth. If I could give it zero stars I would. No management support, incompetent management, and lack of personal communication skills. Don't waste your time working from them because they just rip you off and don't recognise your abilities & skills.
Pros
Cons
everything is horrible here.
unsupportive
Casual Care Worker Grade 2 (Former Employee) –  western sydney1 June 2017
could have been more supportive around me leaving a D.V relationship after i was injured as a result of said relationship instead i just lost my job and traineeship as there where apparently nothing lighter then full manually handling to do as part of the job though as i was aware from working with them for well over a yeah that there was
supporting people with disabilities learn new skills
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Coast NSW8 March 2017
I loved working at ADHC, had a great workplace culture never had a day where i felt i didn't want to be there. I always had the support i needed from management. I would still be there if i hadn't relocated to qld for family reasons.
Pros
great staff and well paid
Cons
long hours when short staffed
Would still be workinr there but made redundant
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW2 February 2017
Pick up supplies from store or kitchen and deliver to three hospitals around Sydney.
How to work in a team environment
Manager would not take on responsibilities in regards to work practices
Work culture was to be tolerant to others in regards to different races
Hardest part of the job working to a strict time frame.
The satisfaction of doing something to help others.
Pros
Job satisfaction working with clients that needed help each day
Cons
No job security
Projects
Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW28 October 2016
Really enjoyed developing and implementing projects and programs for the Aboriginal community and internal staff
Working within an advisory team to achieve optimum results.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Rude clients
Case Coordinator
Casual to Part-time (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 October 2016
Worked as Student for placement, did lots of assessment like need assessment, initial assessment, Psychosocial assessment, phone interviews, Home visits, intake, referrals and many more
Pros
Educational
Cons
workerd for free
Open to transition, supportive in learning and development
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wollongong NSW16 October 2016
Every is different, everyday is colorful working with someone with autism and intellectual disability.

I have learned that working with special person is amazing. I did not only learn from my own way/mistakes but they also teach how to learn new things every day such as having smile even they are in pain, even they have disability even they are far away from their family.

I would not stay with my current job if I have not received any good things in return. I love my job as it is very rewarding. My employer support us in learning and developing. as they offer regular training, My employer supported me since I studying at University in Wollongong taking up Bachelor of Science in Nursing. I get paid the same hours I work in a month or more when I do my hospital placement. I would not ask anything anymore but my developing career is my priority at the moment. I am going to graduate this coming November 2016. So, I need to leave my job at the right time. My employer) is aware that I will leave once I have found Nursing Job as it my dream.

I am proud to say that I work in a very healthy environment. If there are some conflicts between workers, I don't intervene or I don't get involve instead I give a positive rapport that I believe without bias. I always advise them to see the higher person such as Team Leader if they could not resolve in a first stage. Anyway, most of the time, they just take them as a normal life. Mostly worker understands where other workers came from. They understand one another and consider things happened only in particular event/only in
  more... hard time. Everyone one treat each other like friends/sis/and brother.

The hardest part of the job is to handle patient who is having ADHD and when other clients plays up or shows unpredictable behavior. Anyway, it was not the worst one but when permanent workers got sick and someone will be in to work. Change os staff mostly causes of clients' behavior.

The most enjoyable part of the job is giving us a break and give us regular training to develop new things and updates knowledge and skills.
Pros
supportive, productive and rewarding
Cons
no careers development
Productive and rewarding place to have worked
Driver Department of Aging Disability & Home care (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW6 September 2016
Typical day at work involves starting with Picking up clients and taking them to appointments through a pre-determined timetable using a work Van,
Later returning clients back to the allocated units,

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help & assist clients in their everyday daily necessary needs.

I enjoyed my co-workers as we were all hard working.

I have learnt various and many skills including how to respond and interact with the needs of all the different clients and be pro-active.
multicultural, understanding, enjoyable
Service Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Westmead NSW23 August 2016
Working at ADHC gave me a good work life balance managing hours and shift time well. Working with co-worker was a great experience with co-operative workers in a friendly atmosphere.
Working as a disability support worker can be very challenging and satisfying.
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 August 2016
A career as a Disability Support Worker (DSW) means you will be employed in a professional environment providing care and support to people with an intellectual and/or physical disability living in our community-based group homes.

The work is not always easy, but the rewards are attractive and it will bring out the best in you. The needs of the people we care for vary, so you will need to remain flexible, adaptable and positive in everything you do.
fun ever evolving intaractive. There is great work culture and are very multicultural.
social worker (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 June 2016
its been great. I enjoy the diversity and the support tools they offer to workers. Very interactive and not many barriers between upper management staff and front liner staff.
working with aged people
Home Care worker (Former Employee) –  Inverell NSW16 March 2016
this was challenging work but i grew to love every day off it and you get to work with wonderful people from all different walks of life
Cons
missing your chillds first year of school events
Just enjoy working with my clients
Disability support Worker (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW20 January 2016
Being there support taking them shopping, banking, outings, personal care, cooking meals for them transporting them to appointments and to there day programs. I learned that all my clients have different needs and wants and have different behaviors. Management are pretty good overall. my co workers and I work together as a team. the hardest part is when they get upset and sometimes they don't want you help them but you just monitor them and give them the space they desire. The best part of my job is that I get to help and support my clients and to be able to put a smile on there faces and just looking after them in general..
Pros
Taking the clients out on outings
Cons
Yes we do 10 hour shifts sometimes 6 to 7 days straight.
great
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Narrabri, NSW19 April 2015
had a great time with this company, conditions were good and work mates were all good to work with,and the clients were good as well
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Good opportunities to make a difference to less fortunate people.
Transport Driver / Relief Transport manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, NSW18 August 2014
As transport I have an opportunity to make a difference in the life of people with severe disabilities on a daily basis. This makes the job worthwhile. Unfortunately management do not encourage and support staff enough in this sometimes tough work situation. I have a passionate interest in the WHS in the workplace and am studying to further that interest in the hope of progressing into that field of career. I enjoy helping with giving advice to work colleagues regarding their issues and helping resolve those same issues.
Pros
communicating with the clients
Cons
Having to battle management over WHS issues
A great place to work for.
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Parramatta24 July 2014
Very challenging which I highly enjoy and love.

Hardest part of the job is when a client passes away.
Pros
team work
Cons
mix match of clients
do it again maybe
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Gunnedah, NSW30 June 2014
some-days the job could be the same day after day
learnt more in this job then any before
management and co-workers some good some not that is all I will say
losing a client through death
sometimes walking through the door
Pros
learning experience well worth it
Cons
rather not say
It is very enjoyable and fulfilling to be able to make a difference in people with disability's life
Disability Support (Current Employee) –  Blayney, NSW2 March 2014
Take clients to the community and let them have a choice of their own daily life. Have learnt to listen and read body language. When it comes to Management I just do what is expected of me. Towards my workmates, I go well with most of them and learned a lot from the most knowledgeable ones. The hardest part of it is when you are trying your best and still not enough for your workmate to recognise your best effort. The most enjoyable part of my job is I make a difference everyday in the life of people with disability.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
No break
rewarding , challenging , fun
Care Worker -- Grade 3 (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga, NSW23 January 2014
Rewarding situations everyday , numerous courses to apply for through ADHC , challenging yet positive achievements , great team-work , good communication with all levels of management .
Pros
meeting new people, caring in general
Cons
Frustration caused by red-tape for clients
Good place to work with lot of different opportunities
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wollongong, NSW13 January 2014
Good place to work, lots of different opportunities and ongoing training available.