Airport Retail Enterprises Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Big Organisation based on Brisbane Domestic Airport, Australia
Retail Manager (Food Court Services) (Former Employee) –  Brisbane17 July 2017
Big organisation with more than 150 employees at one site works with proper working ethics and always respect each other.

everyday is new challenge and great fun to work at airport,
Fun, Productive Workplace, although staff to management needs improvement.
Barista/Bartender/Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD11 January 2017
A typical day at work, would be normally very busy. I learned and improved of my barista skills. Co-Workers were amazing. Everyone got along, great teamwork. The hardest part of the job was never knowing when you were going to finish due to delayed flights ect. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be interacting with customers from all over the world. Also being trained in multiple cafe's and restaurants this allowed a lot of variety and something new each day.
Pros
free lunches, great CEO, variety of workplaces.
Cons
unpredicable hours. Poor Management.
Nice place to work at Airport
Café All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Sydney International16 November 2016
Leaning a lot here. I like that i get trained in a few shopsand it is never boring. The other staff I work with are very nice and funny
Lots of regular customers so its nice to have a talk with them and it makes it nice when you can joke around with them and they know you
Managers are very helpful and give less experienced staff chance to proof themselves
Shifts can vary but are flexible which works well for me
Can be stressful when it is really busy and we have long lines
Pros
Crosstraining, Team, Location, good wages
Cons
sometimes understaffed
Food and Beverage attendant
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC18 October 2016
Working in the airport in a food and beverage shop, you learn a lot of things. How to manage everything on time, doing multiple things on time, preparing the food and serving customers. And of course, being really fast at making coffee. It is a very busy shop and you need to be fast and alert. When you start familiarising yourself in the job, you understand and learn more techniques. And that is the best thing about working in a food and beverage place. The more techniques you learn the better you'll be and the skills you have/gained. The company has 5 different shops around the terminals and you have to move around to them and help out. It is a friendly area to work around with, the supervisors and managers are amazing people and so are the co-workers. To work in a place like this you will need to have the following certificates
- Food handlers
- Barista course
- RSA (some stores do provide alcohol).
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Work times - too early in the morning (3am start)
vibrant environment
Customer service/waitressing/bar tending (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC4 February 2016
Bar Pulpo by Movida in Melbourne International Airport
Spanish based restaurant and bar
Early morning start of 6.30 to open and prepare for opening for the day
Busiest and hardest times are the early morning rushes
orders taken at counter by other workers while I work on the floor serving out all meals and drinks
working very fast and constant due to being only person to serve on floor
lunch times become table service
most enjoyable part is to meet new people and help them with anything they need before their long flight
Pros
meeting new people and conversating with customers
Cons
very busy
enjoyed working here although the hours weren't suitable for my lifestyle
Barista/bartender (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD12 November 2015
plenty of hour although the shift times were just not flexible enough to suit my life style. the hardest part of the job would be waking up at 3am to start my 4am shift.
daily routines
Customer service/cook/barista/cleaner (Current Employee) –  margate,qld5 May 2014
can be stress full.
mostly work solo.
the weather does affect the job, so sometimes work is cancelled.
nothing hard about it.
co workers have a don't care attitude.
enjoyable part of the job is communicating with the public .
management is great.
what I have learned is don't rely on co workers.
Pros
50% off food/drinks
Cons
hours change too often