ALDI Australia Employee Reviews

Warehouse Operator
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD30 October 2017
Love my job because it is physical and everyone here works as a team. If you have exceptional leaders you can learn a lot in this environment. I hope Aldi keeps up the great benefits they have for their staff
Pros
Cons
Nil
Don't get fooled by the salaries they offer!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT22 September 2017
Once you get to store Manager that's it without a degree you cannot progress further.
Senior management very poor in southern NSW/ACT. Bullying behaviour and intimidation tactics used to get you to bend the rules and run your staff into the ground.
Disappointing culture for such a successful business (poor performance not addressed and outstanding performance overlooked).
Pros
Christmas parties and team building events.
Cons
Long hours (finish @ 9pm the start @ 6am) poor executive management and aggressive culture.
most busy place I ever worked
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 September 2017
My individual experience while employed there, I enjoyed every day work at Aldi, for me it was the best experiences I had, I learned a lot, we did everything from cleaning, restoring shelf, filling new products, helping customers. Salary great, working hours great, some of coworkers great.
Productive and fun work place
Retail Team Member (Former Employee) –  Eastlakes NSW22 August 2017
Its really good and beneficial to work at ALDI. Very good environment to work in with very friendly people. Learned to work in pressure and with the people from differant community
Great company to work for
Aldi Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Geelong VIC22 August 2017
Aldi as a whole is a great company to work for. Very flexible hrs and above industry wages. The hardest part of the job would be working all the stock in the morning but apart from that everything else is relatively easy.
Low hours, good pay rate, hard work
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  NSW North Coast NSW20 August 2017
Great place to work although you will need to constantly request more hours until you are management.
Managers are requested to display a tough attitude and teamwork & incentive is not encouraged.
A roster of odd hours every week is very likely.
Pros
Good pate rate
Cons
Low hours
Great job
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 August 2017
A really great place to work. The opportunity to advance in your career, great working environment, great management team. Great pay. Would recommend.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Early starts
Corporate Environment
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Minchinbury NSW26 July 2017
Extremely stressful and highly challenging environment, however also very rewarding financially and great place to get a lot of administration, buying and marketing experience.
Cons
Long stressful days
Non-stop, engaging, and fulfilling work environment
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 June 2017
I enjoyed my employment at Aldi. It was of a contractual nature and so I benefited from secure employment. My position was both very engaging and highly fulfilling, to say the least.
Pros
job security with an above-average income
Cons
constant pressure
Best company to work
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Joondalup WA28 June 2017
Very busy, need to work hard and job is multi tasked.
Need to do the work with minimum staff.
Friendly area managers and top executives.
Culture is funtastic.
Pros
Good Management, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Need to work hard, need to finish on time or before.
Great workplace with benefits
"Store Assistant" (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW24 June 2017
ALDI was a chance to make use of communication skills for workers as well as customers.

Management and workers worked well, all under a professional level making sure that all work was prioritized and completed successfully
Pros
Always kept busy to make sure all was attended to
Good team environment with a friendly atmosphere
Stock-hand (Former Employee) –  Kwinana WA14 June 2017
It was a great environment with friendly employees. I really liked the free fruit for employees Aldi did when having lunch. I also really enjoyed the store layout.
Hard work with steady pay
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Western Australia13 June 2017
A company that expects you to be a robot and work your butt off with no praise for doing so. Very hard and heavy work load expected in short time frames. There is no flexibility or balance for work/life. My family suffers a lot due to very un balanced rostering. Customers quite often get upset as there are no staff on the floor to help with enquiries due to running only 2-3 staff per shift.
Pros
You get salary as a permanant part time employee
Cons
Very hard work, no balance with life
interesting and productive
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane South QLD3 June 2017
I use to work in ICU with the patient of knee and hip replacement. I learned how to manage pain and provide basic care. A typical day was, when one of our went in psychosis, it was most horrible night in my life. Most enjoyable part was to communicate with colleagues and clients.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Less salary
gret place
Store assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD1 June 2017
fun great enviroment an great pay susbstantal training lots of chances to progress your caree if you desier flexible hrs an all way extra shift if need to be filled
Pros
gret teams
Cons
bad customers
Management have no values and have total disregard for workplace and national agreements.
Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Derrimut VIC25 May 2017
"Aldi World" once you step inside all rules and regulations under national and workplace agreements are not adhered to. Management continually state " we run by international law, not Australian law". There is no values towards employees, no proper training or induction. Expectations of what you are required to do are unreachable. They employ the wrong people for supervisor and management positions. Their ideas are to employed monkies that will do what they are told, these are the ones that tend to get promoted, and not the ones that will do the job properly. If you are happy to do a job that is against health and safety regulations and keep your mouth shut, you will love it here.
Pros
Not very much, pay is the only thing.
Cons
Everything else but wage.
Good hours and pay rates
WAREHOUSE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Prestons NSW17 May 2017
Their policies are a bit unfair and they don't have a union or anything so its very hard to have rights and they use that to their advantage at Aldi.
They also offer the opportunity for you to go permanent after you prove yourself, which is fine but if they don't hire you on a permeant basis you can no longer work at Aldi as a casual. If you do not accept the opportunity to go permanent you can no longer work at Aldi also. Aldi will also just cut your shifts without letting you finish your roster. They also will not give a reason as to why and you will not even hear from the employers at Aldi its self you will be called by the recruitment agency you are with . The employment agency is not given a reason for your termination either.

After this your superiors at Aldi are uncontactable.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no union
Good Organization
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merrylands NSW13 May 2017
Happy to work in this company but I think I can do more than I am doing now. This organization looks after the employees with safe working conditions .
Pros
Safe work environment
productive
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 May 2017
Great Team atmosphere.
Great Leaders and the team overall are awesome to work alongside.
Wages are perfect for my lifestyle and just a great place overall.
No weekends for you
Stock selector (Current Employee) –  Regency Park SA2 May 2017
Alright, if you're a student. Otherwise, it's not enough hours and you start at 5 am every Saturday. Also, no one knows how to drive machines at this place so there's a chance you may actually die.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI Australia. Our community is ready to answer.