ALH Group Employee Reviews

Worst management ever !!
Bistro Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dubbo NSW2 July 2017
Staff get treated so badly ! Unfairness is very common in workplace, managers have their favorites and if your not one of them watch out ! Unhealthy work/home balance and they don't care, mangers come in make a mess and leave it expecting you to clean it up daily!!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, unfairness, and no respect
Good environment to work
Venue Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Ballina NSW23 May 2017
Fabulous team of workers.
Love my hours
The Office could be a bit bigger.
Everyone pitches in when required.
Love helping out in the Bistro at lunch time and hearing the good reviews fromt the customers.
Pros
Free Lunch
no direction
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA23 February 2017
worrked sometimes 60 hrs a week with no help from management learned not to work for them again,workplace culture very drepressing with no one happy to come to work,no hard parts about job happiest leaving
Pros
Cons
mangers with no idea
Intertaining
TAB operator (Current Employee) –  Westmeadows VIC22 February 2017
Hospitality is Hospitality, it has it pro's and Con's.
The amount of different characters you meet along the way is very interesting & intertaining but unfortunately you do not have a social life as your shifts are all over the place plus weekends are a must because thats where the money is.
Fun and easy work.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Wheelers Hill VIC28 January 2017
It's great to walk into a workplace and feel like you are there with your friends who can help you get through your shifts.
Pros
good pay
fun to work
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 January 2017
its fun donig a work. it help to make more experience and make busy through out the day. i have learned much more experience than before in the field of kitchen hand.
Bad management
TAB Operator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 November 2016
Initially was a fantastic place to work until my manager was transferred to the Glengala hotel and quickly replaced by somebody who had no regard for anybody other than herself.
Pros
Bad management
Cons
Worse management
Company doesnot looks much after staff.Management is very poor.
Cook/Chef (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 October 2016
Very hard for the salary staff to balance the life with the roster and salary range the company provides. Management is very poor
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours for salary staff, donot pay overtime hours.
e
BARTENDER / GAMING ATTENDANT / WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Brisbane13 September 2016
The company constantly changed managers, however generally were able to adapt. The general floor staff were usually more hospitable than the managers and were more liked by customers
too high expectations
Venue Manager (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD4 September 2016
long hours not suited to family life, minimal operational support, Woolworths input made it difficult to run a hotel as a hotel felt more like a constant "compliance" job minimal availability for front of house hours and being a venue manager of a hotel
Cons
Long Hours expected
ALH are only interested in the bottom line employee don't count
Venue Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 August 2016
The hours are good and the people are great to work with but the company is not interested in their employee and they do not respect their staff.
Fun workplace with a great atmosphere
Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Penrith NSW17 June 2016
My role as a bar attendant involves a heavy customer service position that allows me to interact with a variety of different people. I deal with many situations from problem solving to complaints handling. I work well within a team environment as well as individually. I enjoy the variety of people I am able to meet and the fast paced nature of the job.
Productive, Enjoyable and Communal Workplace
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Redland Bay QLD18 April 2016
The Redland Bay Hotel - ALH

It was fantastic to be employed with ALH, they had ongoing training throughout my time there, friendly and loyal staff, great functions, promotions and easy going members.
Pros
Various jobs, great functions.
Cons
Not many day shifts received.
Great place, friendly staff, great service
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dunsborough7 April 2016
Get to work 10 minutes before every shift. Check the roster for what job you have been assigned. Clock in and say hello to management and staff to make sure they know you are here, and then go about your business. Only hard part about the job is when there is "difficult" customers. But the co-workers are what makes the experience enjoyable personally. Management are normally easy going when they are not stressed, and can normally always assist you with any enquirers, and being new to the team I had many. Overall a good venue to start working with. It has got me a foothold in the industry in which I plan to take my experience further.
Personal ALH review
Class 2 Waitress (Current Employee) –  Perth WA1 April 2016
The work is hard and long, the managers are under experienced and need training. The job requires strong and motivated people. A lot is expected of you, and managers are not very motivational or helpful. Chefs are always angry, and more often than not people are not happy being at work.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Long hours, always on your feet, dont get fed
Quiet local pub
Assistant Manager / Acting Venue Management (Former Employee) –  Nudgee Beach QLD29 March 2016
I loved working for this company, I believe I gave more than 100% effort into the workplace, I was there almost everyday and I treated it like it was my second home. My typical day at work would consist of opening operations, management of staff and their duties, reconciliations during the day, saving hours on labour. The hardest part of that job was at the end, I was told I shouldn't try and strive above what I am capable of via another manager. It made it hard for me to feel a part of a team as I was new to it. The most enjoyable part was the customers, my job there was to ensure they had a pleasant experience and it was my priority to do so.
Pros
Free lunches, in-house competitions, incentives for upselling.
Cons
Unfortunately it was the management team
Good
Springfield Tavern (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD23 October 2015
was ok to work for, was easy and fun at times, management could of been a bit more encouraging! overall was good. a typical day would be bit full on at times. I learned that working for this company that you needed to work hard to get to where you wanted to be rewarded with great hours. there was no hard part of the job that I can recall however I was a hard worker.
I enjoy the day to day and personal contact with clients
Sales Attendant Bottle Shop Drive Thru (Current Employee) –  Adelaide, SA8 October 2015
I love the atmosphere of the BWS drive thru, enjoy & get along well with both management & fellow co-workers. We know when its time to chat and when its time to get on with the jobs. I also love the daily contact with customers & getting to know the regulars, and knowing what their order is.. I have only been working in the current bottle shop as a fill in for the past 4mths, and I would love to make it a more permanent position. I am also learning so much about wines which i never knew before. I find that each shift i always learn something new. Management are always friendly showing me knew things all the time and are always available for any questions I may have. I think the hardest part of the job for me is the learning of how the computer is set up and works, but with the help of co-workers and managers I am getting use to it. I find just about every part of the job enjoyable
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
The weather, as its a outside drive thru, but i soon adapt
Ever changing hospitality company
Corporate Receptionist/Deputy Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowen Hills and Bulimba1 October 2015
As part of the original company Austotel in the late 1980's I was employed as a Front Office Hotel Receptionist and PA to the hotel manager within weeks of arriving from England.

Front office reception included organisation of travel and accommodation for guests and management, preparation of their respective accounts and reconciliation of debtors and payments. I also supported the duty managers in the nightly balance of monies and safe holdings. Reconciliation of monies and accounts were the most enjoyable part of this job.

During my 18 years with the company I worked for 3 years within the payroll department as a payroll officer which entailed collation, extension and entry of hotel time sheets using the Micropay Payroll System.

With the merge and change of name to CUB (Fosters Group) I was transferred to the head office and managed the front office area with my co-worker.

ALH Group separated from CUB Fosters, I transferred to the sales team however ALH group asked for my return as their Front Office Manager/Deputy Office Manager.

I remained in this role for quite sometime however they relocated to far South Brisbane and after 3 years of travelling I longed for a job based in the City.
Pros
Wonderful friendly environment with free meals and achievement awards
Cons
Company diversified and owned by various groups meant an unsettled job security
Working for alh
Bar & Gaming Attendant (Former Employee) –  Villawood Hotel15 August 2015
I am able to start working ASAP and my Availability is very flexible which mean that i can pretty much work whenever and would also like to note that call ins is a no problem at all for me