Alinta Energy Employee Reviews

Terrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 August 2017
Was a terrible job the workers always lied to the customers to get them to switch providers and you were doing a lot of hard work running around and getting paid next to nothing
Innovative, excellent reward structure, good business culture
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  South Australia19 June 2017
An innovative company that rewarded employees who displayed the appropriate business culture behaviours.

Executives of the company were open and transparent about company strategies and the expected and past performance of the each company business unit.

Ideas for improvement were readily accepted from any employee
Pros
Rewards for effort - good salary structure
Cons
Organisation Structure a bit loose - reporting lines unclear
Work summary
MR Truck Driver / fork lift / large bus (Former Employee) –  Leigh Creek SA14 June 2017
Team briefing to start the shift learn new safety ideals. Getting the job right first time and achieving a great outcome at the end. Great working as a team and competition of the job safely. Also bringing up new ideas to improve work flow ect
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Long hours is fine
TRADES ASSISTANT - SCAFFOLDING (Former Employee) –  Port Augusta SA26 February 2017
A typical day at work would be hard work and completing given tasks that us employees be facing, the culture and commemorator between fellow workers be mutual being well respected and friendly.
Pros
good working enviroment
The best job I have had
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Leigh Creek SA6 February 2017
This was the best job I have ever had. Very safety focused. Alinta provided heaps of training hence they had some of the best skilled tradespeople in the country. Career advancement was possible but due to the loyalty of long term employees positions rarely became available. Mine management were understanding and kept everybody well informed. Culture was overall very good however a few of the long term employees didn't know how good they had it and tried to drag everybody into their misery. Shame the mine closed down Leigh Creek was the best little tight knit community in Australia with more facilities than a big regional centre.
Pros
Training. Good community. Good pay. Live in rather than fifo ( home with the family every night)
Cons
A handful of negative employees
Great place to work...
Town & Mine Facilitating Officer (Former Employee) –  Leigh Creek SA13 December 2016
My job was very enjoyable for a few reasons, my co- workers we very pleasant, kind and helpful. If I ever needed a questioned answered from management on anything in particular, I always got a quick answer back with a smile.

I learned how to time manage more effectively while doing this job and prioritise the daily scheduled job lists with attention to hazards in the work place.

Alinta has a safety first policy which I loved and worked hard to achieve this mindset thought most of my work days.

The hardest part of my job was the long pants and shirts that were required to stay on throughout the summer months when it was over 40 degree heat days.
Pros
I could work at my own pace.
Cons
The heat in summer.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Perth WA28 November 2016
Great team vibe, healthy competition amongst the team, wonderful & encouraging management. Competitive basic hourly rate with great incentives to earn extra money throu8gh commission.
Commission Based Pay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Adelaide31 October 2016
High targets, low pay and poor training. Not many of the representatives had been with the company any more than 6 months. very high turn over of the comapny.
I only spent a week there and couldn't stand it.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Long Hours, low pay
Best job ever!! Didnt want to leave 😢
Unit rig driver (Former Employee) –  Leigh Creek SA30 October 2016
I enjoyed my time working with Alinta Energy but I didn't want to leave. Mine manager and production manager also All supervisors were so great to get along with so easy and available to ask/answer all questions. I hounded and hounded to operate the dump trucks and finally I got the chance of doing my dream job. I enjoyed every minute of it until we all knew that the dream was over.
(saddest day ever)
I am greatfull for getting the chance to operate and work with all the crews at Leigh Creek and you will all be sadly missed. Hope to have a reunion soon. Cheers All 🤗🤗🤗🤗
Pros
Dream job, Top people to work with, great Payrate
Cons
Leaving my dream job, Leaving Leigh Creek
cable repairs
Trade Assistant Electrical (Former Employee) –  Roy Hill WA3 October 2016
Was a good job but job was cut short due to management conflict with other companies otherwise would still be working but the job itself was good to work on just unfortunate about the circumstances between companies.
Pros
good pay rate
Cons
management conflict between companies brought things to a halt.
Great support and opportunity to grow
Payments Officer (Former Employee) –  Western Australia26 September 2016
Alinta Energy is the largest gas retailer based in the state of Western Australia controlling utility across the board and have great people and culture skill and advancement opportunities
Pros
Great people and culture skills
Cons
Nothing based in New Zealand (expect a power generation station)
Loved it
TMC (Former Employee) –  St Kilda Road VIC24 July 2016
So blessed to be able to work with such great people. And great work diversity. Loved the poeple and getting to learn new skills and a new trade.
Horrible company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA21 July 2016
Mistreats employees and lies. Was told I would be given a weeks worth of training and only got not even a days worth of training.
great place to work
Power Producer Skilled Worker (Current Employee) –  south australia5 May 2016
Alinta energy at the power station was a great place to work but unfortunately they are shutting it down. I started as a sheet metal work but worked in many different areas gaining many ticket and qualifications including: advanced scaffolder, basic rigger,bull dozer operator, front end loader and many others.
A great company to work for
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leigh Creek SA14 April 2016
Great work environment, great people to work & live with, leaving with additional skills and will miss Leigh Creek very much.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Mine closure
Great Place to Work
Outbound Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC31 March 2016
Great culture
Great people and highly rewarding
Learned to use many key programs such as Orion, MSTATS, MIRN LOOK up tool. The company supports you to train you more and helps to specialise even more in everything so you know how the business works as one
Fun workplace with table tennis, great energy
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA26 December 2015
A typical day at work would start at 9am. Then the team would practice our sales pitch. At 12am the team would have lunch and head out for sales.

I learned hard work, focus on accounts and profits, energy details and structure of the supply and demand of energy.

My co-workers where great and easy going people, very professional.

The harder part of the job was the lack of vision on the overall potential what the company could achieve.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the people.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Bad management
Typical day at work
Category Manager, Major Project & Developments (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA4 November 2015
Work is diverse, interesting and challenging.
Great people
Supportive management
Excellent job work / life balance
Friendly
customer service (Former Employee) –  Victoria3 November 2015
Alinta Energy services around 700,000 homes and businesses Australia wide. In 2010, Alinta Energy became a licensed retailer and was given the ability to sell electricity and natural gas to Victorians and South Australians.
good people to be around
Dozer operator (Current Employee) –  Leigh Creek SA26 October 2015
good place to work. would love to stay,but they're closing the gates! blah blah blah. I don't have any more to say but the link wont let me go with out saying more?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alinta Energy. Our community is ready to answer.