ALLIED EXPRESS Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
hard work and commitment
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  South Oakeligh26 July 2017
For a typical day at the office started with an early day reporting to the work station was a high expectation of concentration and boredom, as you were not free to get up and stretch and it made you fall asleep on the chair waiting for calls.
I learned to engage with clients and perform well for the advancement of the company.
The management was not as supportive as I expected but the work was straight forward with rules to follow.
The hardest part about the job is during the busy times when all the phones are flashing and the client is in a rush with multiple deliveries to submit.
The most enjoyable times was when the computers were down everybody deserved pizza for writing them down.
Pros
pizza's when the computer troubleshoots
Cons
could not leave the seats or take lunch with close friends
Frustration in Communicatios
Courier (Current Employee) –  Port Melbourne VIC 320728 April 2017
Early morning posts of daily jobs processes
I have learned the use of PDA
Management system does not really help new drivers
I find the workplace a bit untidy for a transport company
The hardest part of the job is to finish everything they throw at you.
The most enjoyable part of the job is going around Melbourne and suburbs.
Pros
Heaps of jobs waiting
Cons
Finishing late into the night
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 April 2017
a typical day would be travelling to the pick and dropping off the goods. I learned about how to give good customer service and how to tie load restraints. I learned to improve my time management, workplace and culture. The hardest part of the job was finding the pick up and drop destinations. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid daily and having a stable job.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
ad hoc work and not paid accurately
Not enough work for full salary
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 February 2017
Too much down time without work or would get one job and then have to complete the one job without other work to make a good wage.
Management have favorites that never sit around waiting for work.
Pros
Cons
Very long hours for little paying jobs.
Busy, long hours
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rosehill NSW31 January 2017
Worked in a shed in the warehouse, dirty, no proper office space.
Long hours, close to cafe for lunch. friendly and supportive staff.
Pros
Good money
Former employee (Melbourne)
Fleet (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 November 2016
In no uncertain terms, Allied Express is a sinking ship! Poor office culture which had an every man for himself attitude. I was warned about taking the position I had by a former employee at a rival company! that "they will eat you up and spit you out". He was proven to be correct with his assessment. The place turns over soo many staff members and fleet members it's farcical. They have people in the wrong positions across the board and lack basic man managent skills! All crucial to running a successful business. I would think twice about accepting work at allied on any level
Pros
A small minority of good people
Cons
How much time you got ??
The most disorganized, cowboy-like compny I've ever been a part of
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 August 2016
I had the unfortunate experience of working for Allied a while ago, and not knowing the legacy this company holds in the Australian freight industry.

The management from the Victorian side were fantastic and supportive, and the pay is reasonable for the work expected of you. However this is where all positives stop.

Upper level management in the head office are out-of-touch with reality, demanding and heavily relying on micro-management and bullying tactics to get what they want. If you can turn a blind eye to the madness that goes on in this place, or keep your nose clean enough to avoid the MD barking at you, you may survive with your sanity in tact. The endless amount of poor customer service, poor driver training models and crazy rantings from the top-tier management mean it's not the easiest place to work.

The owner is a crazed, fiercely old-school person who has no hesitation to abuse, yell and threaten you, which reflects the huge turn-over of staff at this excuse for a company. If you have the ability to close your ears, become a "yes sir, three bags full sir" minion and can see off phone call after phone call about the shoddy service from customers, by all means take up a role at Allied. I've heard the commission structures are great if you can pull good sized accounts- providing they actually stay trading.
Pros
Work-life balance not too bad, management can be supportive depending on which branch you work in
Cons
Bosses out of touch with reality, poor culture and lack of company direction
For the brave
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 July 2016
Honest opportunities for decent pay do exist here, A busy vibrant place involved in the day to day delivery of freight from point A to point B. A great place to learn just how the freight industry works.
Pros
Can earn real money.
Cons
Absolutely callous place, no regard for human life.
Team Leader
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kewdale5 July 2016
My Day Consist of.
Printing Picks (20 at a time)
Delegating Picks to Pickers
Checking Products
Packing Products neatly into suitable sized box
Labelling/ Data entry of each Pick
Palletizing boxes onto Pallets
3x Team leading reports
Cycle Count every Day
Holding all errors accountable
fun
Owner Driver (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 May 2016
awesome place to work I was there for 6 years only left to come to oz co workers a awesome you had to be on top of your game always in the puplic eye
Pros
good pay fun to work for
Cons
no cons
well organised company
Assisstant warehouse (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 May 2016
Great place to work very friendly people, great team work only problem is they cut down my hours, well organized place good bosses and understanding
Pros
great work ethic
Cons
Cut down my hours
stay away from it
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Victoria7 April 2016
very bad
very bad management
only for themselves
nothing for you
stay away from it
they will come with big words
co-worker are fine
Pros
nothing
Cons
you don't even wanna know about that
negative
couir (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW18 March 2016
Warming Do not work for this company its the worst company ever they pay you peanuts they keep your money two weeks so you dont know exactly you're pay I do 50 hours I got paid $660 . Before Tax .Be warmed .
Pros
nothing
Cons
50 hours
Hard work with no recognition
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Auburn NSW29 September 2015
This job was just hard 12Hr days driving on the road for little money
and no recognition of the work you had preformed.
the best part of the job was the fact that you were your own boss so no one had anything to say.
Pros
own boss
Job
HR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver, NT15 July 2015
it was i job that i did for some time but i did not love the type of work it was. I dont like driving around all day in the traffic that seem to be getting worse by the day.
Not honest and up front but...
Courier driver (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW26 May 2015
I will start by saying that i thought this was my new career as a courier driver. I invested a lot of my money to buy a reliable new van. Unfortunately. Yes there is a but.

Allied were not honest and up front and that the promises made during our various meetings were all lies just to get me and my van to join their fleet of vans, doing their deliveries.

Most of the jobs I had to deliver fitted either on the front seat or floor in front passenger side of the van. Which left the back of van empty. This went on for weeks and months. When I mentioned this to the dispatchers they would hurriedly send me on a wild goose run. With an empty van. e.g. Chullora to St.Marys to Sydney CBD to Brookvale. etc. Just to show that they were giving me a big load of work.

When I did my sums. i.e. money coming in versus costs of running a diesel van etc. I found that i was losing money. At that stage i decided to leave, as my dispatcher nor my manager were not interested or did not care about my concerns. They just wanted their jobs to be delivered.

I would like to add that i loved doing adhoc jobs. Moving quickly from business to business picking up and quickly delivering.

If I had to do this again. Yes I would. Only next time I would buy a second hand wagon. Pay for the wagon in cash.

I hope this review helps others who are contemplating couriering as a new career or as a school leaver.
Pros
Zero.
Cons
Very long hours. Poor salary. No days off.
Like the job and company but it isnt a long term job.
Shift Supervisor -Forklift (Current Employee) –  Regency Park SA12 March 2015
The job is only for as long as Holdens last. There is to many days off unpayed and am seeking a long term position.I work at Regency Park and start at 3:30 am.The job requires me to work outside,rain,hail or shine.
Skilled Engineering was a good company
Courier (Former Employee) –  Sydney,NSW18 March 2014
I enjoyed working for Skilled Engineering.I worked with alot of great people who became friends.Skilled also spread work around & also had ocassional BBQs at Head Office located then in Seven Hills.
Learnt how to work with others,which made going to work enjoyable.
There was never a difficult part of any job.
Pros
RDOs
Cons
Good hrs+ O/T
was just a work place,nothing special
forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Chullora, NSW9 March 2014
i liked working there just need more hrs
nothing special 1 break a day
early starts
Pros
some overtime
Cons
not enough hrs
Company has changed
Logistics Coordinator/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Welshpool WA15 September 2013
This is a tough review as the company has had alot of change since I worked there and my review I fear would be invalid
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Early Starts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALLIED EXPRESS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6