Amana Living Employee Reviews

productive and fun working to ensuring wellbeing for all.
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 July 2017
Setting up furniture and preparing the dinning table.
I learnt that service to humanity is a fulfilling venture.
The management adherence to its core functions was superb.
The work place culture was different from what i was used to but the orientation was informative and helpful.I appreciated the setup easily.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to get consistent shifts to enhance perfection the task.
The most enjoyable task of the job is contributing positively to humanity.
Pros
free lunch on Fridays
Cons
inconsistent shift allocation
good management
Cleaning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joondalup WA5 December 2016
great environment, lovely team mate. care about the customers. I learnt a lot, like team work, how to use some of the heavy duty machine for cleaning and also how to handle chemicals for cleaning.
Productive and educational workplace
Carer (Current Employee) –  Perth WA15 March 2016
I work morning shifts which are always busy, a typical day at work involves a number of tasks which include attending to residents with different levels of ADLs requirements. I have learnt to work as a team player and independently as well as working with people from diverse backgrounds. Both parties work collaboratively. The hardest part of my job is dealing with residents with challenging behaviours, but the most enjoyable part of my job is that I understand the residents and know how to deal with each individual resident and the team spirit among the employees. The management is fair and helpful.
Pros
Working with people from diverse backgrounds
Cons
No vacancies for the community development field
Residents are looked after using a Person Centred approach
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA1 December 2015
Most of the shifts that I worked was afternoon and night shift..
aMy afternoon shifts start at 15:30..
In the afternoon I get handover from the morning shift and read the progress notes,most of my shifts I worked in the hostel.I start giving out medications and prepare the dinning room for tea..Sometimes a few residents help me to set up the table,i get the opportunity to have a chat with tmem and ask them how there day has been.There are so many amazing stories and they teach me a lot.Its like a history lesson as well.
My job is very challenging as I look after very varied client base.A lot of my clients are frustrated and in [ainand can sometimes take it out on the carer.I never take it personal because I know its not towards me its towards the situation and condition.I always listen to them when they want to get something out of there chest
Pros
They have many facilities in WA so when i move to another surburb, they will place me in a facility closer to where i live and i dont lose my hours.
Cons
Didnt have enough staff, Sometimes we had to work harder if we cant an agency or casual stuff to cover up shifts
employees from all walks of life working together and forming great relationships
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Fremantle, WA8 November 2015
absolutely loved working here. you get an opportunity to work independently as an individual and within a team. Seeing people from all walks of life coming together to give their best to our residents and just the pure joy of loving humans. best part of my job was being able to provide good looking and good tasting food to our residents and the joy of giving that extra smile and making a difference in someone's life.
Pros
seeing the pure goodness in people for what they believe and their passion to do more.
Cons
Seeing some peoples lack of compassion to other people in need.
Poor middle and upper management
Activity assistant day club dementia specific (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA30 August 2015
Loved my clients and miss them very much. It was an honour to have them in by life for so long.It's who knows who in this company. If you like to suck up to management you may go a long way. But if you are loyal dedicated hard working and a quiet achiever you may not be noticed by middle and upper management. Also management tend to leave you in the dark regards to change in the company without getting you involved, this is poor for staff moral and productivity.Worked with some lovely volunteers and staff over the years including my manager.
Pros
Clients, some staff and some management.
Cons
Major lack of communication with middle and upper management.
I enjoyed helping the elderly but the company not so much
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  cottesloe11 August 2015
The joy and fulfilment of brightening someone's day who don't have a lot of visitors. Helping the elderly is a very enjoyable.
Pros
Not stuck in 1 spot
Cons
Communication
fun work place.
AIN, PCA (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA22 July 2015
I worked as carer for amanaliving for almost 2 years.
I enjoyed myself working with elderly and their company it is a good feeling that you are helping people.
eveyone works as a team .
Am hardworking,good team player who is able to work under minimum supervision.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Western Australia3 April 2015
A typical day for me starts in the mornig,afternoon or evening depending on my working shift.I keep learning new things from the my colleagues and residents i work with.Hardest part of my job is when we lost a resident whom i was fond of.Most enjoyable times is when we enjoy resident birthday parties.
Pros
free tea and bread at all times
Totally non supportive of staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St Georges22 March 2015
Residents are allowed by management to abuse staff on a daily basis and NOTHING GETS DONE. Management TOTALLY UNSUPPORTIVE. Night staff can't even access pads for residents so have to leave them in SOAKING WET PADS.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Lack of support from management
A great place to work, very rewarding and challenging
Casual Carer - Day Club Day Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Subiaco, WA21 March 2015
This was a casual position doing 2-3 days a week.

A typical day at work involved picking up clients from their homes and transporting them to the day center. Adhering to the days activities as per the activity calender, Serving morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea and taking the clients home at the end of the day.

I learned that with understanding and compassion, you can make a difference in someones day. This applies not only to the Dementia specific clients but also to their families.

This was a very challenging job and working closely with co-workers and management was a must. I found that I made good relationships with both staff and management and worked well with them.

The hardest part of working with people with this illness is the communication barrier and earning their trust and friendship.

This in itself adds to the enjoyment of the job because once those barriers were broken down, it was so overwhelming and rewarding to get a smile when they saw you :-) It was also a big plus to find what they individually enjoyed and to interact with them - for example sing-a-longs, dancing, gardening and craft.
Pros
very socially interactive
Cons
i can't think of any - there was some like hygiene but that was just a part of the job
Only volunteer
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie, WA10 March 2015
Very casual light/family contact unlimited/lots of activitys/meals good/time for clients great/enjoyed time with amana both with manament and staff
Pros
Good to see enjoyment in residents faces
Cons
Nil
productive and fun work place
Carer (Former Employee) –  Mandurah, Western Australia26 February 2014
Good opportunities
Ongoing training
Good rosters
Good team work
Conflict resolving solutions
Pros
free morning tea
Not as I expected
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA2 February 2014
Number of hours/clients have been relocated to other staff and hours are short.
Supervisor is hard to reach and rarely praise staff...
Not much opportunity to progress despite previous promises.
Job Culture at Amana has significantly changed, not in a good way
Pros
good group of CSW, salary packaging
Cons
turn-over of staff, ft for csw n/a, hard to reach supervisors
fun,happy,and follow
aged care (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA21 August 2013
when i started working there i had fun with job how i am doing.i learn a lot of things there especially how to treat older people.my manager is best and the co-workers is good they shows me what to do everytime.there its no harder part that i get.i enjoy the whole time i work there.
Pros
my own lunch
Cons
8 hours each day
Multicultural and fun workplace
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Perth26 November 2012
I was involved in maintaining the Fixed Asset Register for many cost centres. They were implementing a new system when I arrived so I was an active part of assisting in queries and solving problems in relation to this. The year end audit was also taking place and I liaised with the auditors to answer any queries they had. I also had month end processing and general ledger reconciliations responsibilities.

I learnt al lot from both management and co-workers as they had been in the company for a long period which is a testament to how the company treated its staff so well.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was getting back into a hands on accountancy role and utilising the skills I am trained in.
Pros
lots of morning teas
Good work place keep to myself and get my job done
Hospitality services (Current Employee) –  Mandurah WA19 August 2012
i quite enjoy my job but i need a change and really want to get into the mining industry.
Pros
good pay rate