American Express

American Express Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The perfect employer.
World Service Representative (Current Employee), Sydney, NSWMay 24, 2014
Everyday is different but with the warm and friendly environment provided to us it's never dull.
Co-Workers are well trained and always at hand should you need help.
Our cardmembers are loyal and always up for a good chat or just a call to check balances, either way we have built a nice rapport with them.
This was the worst place to work in my 13 year career.
Strategic Transactions & Business Development (Former Employee), Sydney, AustraliaMarch 24, 2012
Pros: decent work hours
Cons: culture based on fear, managers don't help close deals
A typical day involved update meetings with VPs, Directors and others who had no clue what it takes to close large strategic partnership transactions. My direct manager was the biggest roadblock of all. She had no understanding of the actual work or the ability to adjust the metrics to account for high level business development partnerships. The structure – more... was so messed up that co-workers weren't even incentivized to help close these commercial lending deals. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with my boss on a daily / weekly basis. I did take advantage of working from home which was much more productive than being in the office. The office environment was toxic. – less
American express is a great place to work and network with others.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New YorkOctober 19, 2014
Pros: great work life environment
Cons: not enough time in the day.
The leaders and co-workers are willing to help and go above and beyond to help when needed.
Team leader operations (Former Employee), Markham, ONOctober 19, 2014
American Express was a great company to work for. Management is very focused on employee development and consistently work on employee satisfaction.Company had very good work environment. Very focused on bringing the best out of Individual. Ten years working for the same company is a long time, however in ten years learnt different lines of business.
Good career growth
Lead Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2014
Challenging work environment, enjoyable, uses the latest tools in the market
Fun place to work with great people
Team Leader at Altisource (Former Employee), Goa, IndiaOctober 16, 2014
Well working with Altisource was real fun. I have had few bad days and no one else was responsible for the same. My co workers were great to work with and i had a lovely team. My supervisors were ready to help and everyday was a new learning. I enjoyed speaking to my customers and clients and helping them with solution everyday.
Fun work place
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Golden, COOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great work hours and located close to home.
Cons: short breaks.
great work place. However sometimes the management didn't seem to follow up with escalations.
Productive workplace
Vacation Specialist (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: monthly free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I have the privilege to work with Trading Places and I have gained and learned a great knowledge and experience in business management & excellent customer services.
Merit based career
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 15, 2014
If you work hard, you have the potential to do very well long-term.
Not the best place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2014
Pros: longevity
Cons: workplace environment
I worked for American Express for 26 years. I was an Administrative Assistant supporting over 150 employees.
Highly Productive and a wonderful Place to work
Lead Analyst ( Customer care department) (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HROctober 10, 2014
Pros: good incentive structure and flexibility at work
Cons: productivity and work pressure is too high during high inventory
I am currently working as a Lead Analyst and Subject matter expert. I also get the opportunity to handle and manage the Team, whenever required and my role usually requires this multitasking.

I have been a part of the American Express family for more than 4 years now and it has been a great journey so far.

The top management is very supportive and – more... understanding. We always get a good environment to work and our feedbacks and issues are addressed appropriately.

Although I am attached to this organisation closely and share a very strong employee bonding, I look forward to explore my opportunity areas in the Corporate World outside.

I think it will definitely give me a platform to portray my skills and enhance them. – less
Good work life / okay pay
Manager, Global Merchant Services (Current Employee), New York CityOctober 9, 2014
Hours are reasonable, pay is not competitive. The people are generally smart, but advancement to high levels is difficult.
Great place to work with great work life balance
Coordinator - Account Development, FXIP (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 9, 2014
Pros: networking events, work life balance, career advancement opportunities
Cons: competitors pay more, alot of turnover and too many business re-org
At American Express, you get what you put out. You must be willing to work hard, have good people skills, be a team player and most importantly, drive results. The culture is pretty nice with good perks and great work life balance depending on the line of business. Overall, there's something for everyone which gives you something to look forward to – more... if you intend ot growing a career. Most employees participate and enjoy company sponsored events which allows you and your teammates to come together outside of business hours. It's a great place to network and meet new people of all levels. – less
excellent employer, very good at rewarding hard work
Business Travel Consultant (Former Employee), LondonOctober 9, 2014
Pros: reward scheme, pension
A typical day would involve multitasking, dealing with emails and telephone calls at the same time.
The hardest part was finding hotel rooms and flight seats during
very busy times, but also the most enjoyable when you secured that last seat on the plane or last room in a sold out city and the client was thrilled.
Travel Agent for Card Service
Travel Counselor I (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: work from home, easy to use links, they pay for interet and high pay
Cons: feel out of the loop because your not in the offfice.
log into your phone and take Platinum customer calls. The computer they give to you to use is updated. The hardest part if this job is the hand holding of the clients.
Office manager at Love Pool Care
Office manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: nothing
My most enjoyable part of this position was doing marketing and human resource related duties. I felt rewarded managing such a prestigious and successful company. The hardest part of the position was firing people. I learned valuable information about running many different programs; quickbooks, photoshop and various other computer programs.
Financial Service Comanpy
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 8, 2014
Fast paced environment, with the potential of competitive compensation
Lead Sales Representative and Training Mentor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 8, 2014
Great work environment! Many opportunities to grow and develop.
Productive and fast paced
Service Rep (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 8, 2014
Pros: coffee, coworkers
Cons: understaffed, sometimes undertrained
I worked in the prepaid resolutions department where we handled prepaid gift cards. I would be assigned to take calls about new inquires to set up investigations from either a merchant or a consumer and to provide case numbers. I would also be assigned to resolve the cases by determining if the cards were properly funded or to notify the client to send – more... in additional paperwork by fax. I enjoyed the people on my team, they were very supportive and had a great work system to keep you busy and learning new processes. The management was great, our supervisor rotated each person on different assignments so we shared an equal work load. I also enjoyed the break room, they had the best coffee machine. – less
Great place to work at
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Plantation, FLOctober 5, 2014
Pros: vacation and sick time.
Cons: dealing with individuals day in and day out.
a typical day at work: come in at 8am and leave at 630pm Monday thru Tuesday. Worked with customers(consumer) regarding extension of credit on charge cards and collections of monies due on same. Management easy to work with. Co-workers (excellent atmosphere). The hardest part of the job is saying no to customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is – more... when a customer gets off the phone completely satisfied with the work I did. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Photos