American Express Employee Reviews

Great for Development
Customer Network Engagement (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 April 2017
Opportunities galore for those who work hard and decent salary if you are able to meet targets. Flexibility in work hours as well as the opportunity to work from home also.
Pros
Flexibility, commissions
Cons
Ever increasing KPI targets, very competitive
Fun on the phones
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 April 2017
Working in a call centre that has won many awards is an amazing experience.
We take calls from people of all walks of life and resolve there issues or help them pay their bil.
Our callers are just like you & me and expect a great level of customer service.
Pros
Day off for your birthday
Cons
High expectations for SALES & KPI's
very good to work for
New Accounts Customer Service (Current Employee) –  sydney4 April 2017
I enjoy working for amex - great company to work for. very understanding towards any personal issues. Training is brilliant and dont push you to hard if your not ready
productive and fun workplace
Senior Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 March 2017
making repetitive calls to customers to collect payments that are in areas. The job itself wasn't the best, but the people were the best part of it. i have been able to apply some key skills to my everyday life thanks to my role. the workplace culture is fun, productive and positive. the hardest part of the job is making those difficult calls to the customers however the most enjoyable part is when a customer thanks you for your professionalism and being genuine about your job.
Pros
benefits.
Perfect work life balance
Dedicated Business Solutions Executive (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 March 2017
Everyday is a busy and challenging but the perfect work life balance at AMEX makes it easy.
Management has open door policies which makes it easy to voice our opinion
Pros
flexible working hours
Learning
AML Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 March 2017
A great culture but salary quiet low as the other financial institutions.
A great filed to learn new skills but career development not so great.
Management is good.
Pros
work from home
Great company to work for
Partner Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW13 February 2017
For the most part it's great leaders that bring the best out in people and Amex has them in spades. Global remits can be an issue but only at more senior levels.
fun
Cash Assistant + Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 January 2017
I worked with AMEX for nearly nine yrs its great and fun. I got opportunity to be Co-Ordinator for few months plus I learned about Anti-Money Laundering legislation, Reconcile all cash, Liaise with courier supplies so many things which I have not done in my previous job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
cab charges
Great place to work friendly people, very long hours though
Senior System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pyrmont NSW8 May 2016
Basic perks of the job are responsibility and security, global business with much advancement opportunity when they are not downsizing
Culturally and Functionally Diverse Team
Imaging Team Support (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 May 2016
Busy day but enjoyed providing premium customer service.
Excellent relationship built up with clients , co-workers and stakeholders that are crucial in achieving a successful resolution to customers enquiries and complaints. Enjoyed every moment of my job.
Pros
Have fun with the team
Cons
Temporary work
If you ambitious, go for it
Fraud Prevention Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 March 2016
These days any job are not secure, however working for large corporate you feel more that one day my day to be redundant.
However, very diverse talent out there.
Fun workplace, great work/life balance, friendly and supportive place to be.
Business Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pyrmont NSW21 February 2016
Great people to work with, very supportive and career driven.
Leadership teams are great and plenty of career path advancement.
Very comfortable environment
Internal Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  12 Shelley st, Sydney18 February 2016
The company is very employee oriented and has the best environment, such as equal opportunity , health benefits, great training program and employee performance incentives. It has been the best place to work.
Pros
Leadership surveys
Challenging but fun & enjoyable workplace.
Client Services Representative (DJ & BTA) (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW19 January 2016
Regular hours and great colleagues meant going to work wasn't a chore it was enjoyable.
My co-workers became my friends, and the management were also people you could easily approach & talk to.
The hardest part of the job was learning the different, unique systems, but once I got to know them they became easy.
The most enjoyable part of the job was achieving results, and getting positive remarks from customers & clients.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Only a temporary job.
Best place to work
SALES EXCEUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW17 November 2015
It is the company's policies to make sure all the staff are respected and treated without prejudice.It has the best encouragement and development plan for all .Have a great fun team and support system to assit each other. It is about numbers but the way to accomplish is fantastic.Lots of positive energy from management.
Pros
Treatment of each staff
Cons
nothing major for mentioning
Fun workeplace
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pertj24 October 2015
Book International and Domectic travel for corporate travellers, VIP's and crew changes.
Perth Global Supplier Relations Ambassador Liaise with American Express preferred Airline, Hotel and Car Hire Representatives to schedule them to come into the office throughout the year to update consultants on their product.
Liaise with American Express workforce management to schedule consultants for supplier update sessions.
Ensure Sales and Client Management are aware of Supplier Update Calender so they can also benefit from new information and meet contacts.
Ensure supplier updates run to schedule and report on feedback from Supplier Representatives and American Express staff.
Pros
Travel perks
Cons
working public holidays
Productive work place
Foreign Exchange Specialist (Customer Service) (Current Employee) –  St Ives, NSW10 September 2015
I learnt a lot while working in American Express. Higher management is co-operative, understanding and helpful.

I am working in this company for the last one and half year and in during this time I developed good relationship with my management and I was also nominated as employee of the month.
Pros
Management is very helpful
Best in class people and culture
Regional Manager, Performance and Capabilities (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW26 August 2015
Varied work assignments with real opportunities for career advancement.

Supportive management and engaged intelligent coworkers.
Pros
Salary & Benefits, Flexible Working Arrangement, Brand, Culture
Cons
Frequent restructuring and reorganization
Loyal employee with over 25 years of experience in customer service
Corporate Credit Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney20 August 2015
As I was at American Express for over 25 years a typical day for me would involve making sure the department had enough staff to manage the amount of incoming calls, whilst still being able to handle other tasks such as outbound calls and emails etc.

My role has changed over the years at American Express so I have had to learn and teach and implement new system, as well as setting up new departments and the hiring on new staff.

As a Team Leader at American Express it was important that I kept my manager informed of any charges or trends affecting the business, as well as positive customer feedback.

I am a very strong team player and I believe it is vital to the running of any business. I am also a loyal employee as I have been with American Express since 1989.

It's a challange to managing staff personalities and allow them to flourish in a team work environment. As everyone has their own personality and will not always get along with everyone else, sometimes this is the challaning part.

I really enjoy being able to challange myself in the workplace. I do not mind taking on extra work and responsabilities. I also take great pride in my work.
An exciting caring and motivational workplace which encourages employees to realise their potential and go above and beyond
New Accounts Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 July 2015
A typical day at work consists of completing my assigned work, going above and beyond and assisting my colleagues, sharing my knowledge and expertise.
The hardest part of my job is smiling after a difficult telephone call and talking in a happy manner to the next customer.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a satisfied happy customer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2