American Express

American Express Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The perfect employer.
World Service Representative (Current Employee), Sydney, NSWMay 24, 2014
Everyday is different but with the warm and friendly environment provided to us it's never dull.
Co-Workers are well trained and always at hand should you need help.
Our cardmembers are loyal and always up for a good chat or just a call to check balances, either way we have built a nice rapport with them.
This was the worst place to work in my 13 year career.
Strategic Transactions & Business Development (Former Employee), Sydney, AustraliaMarch 24, 2012
Pros: decent work hours
Cons: culture based on fear, managers don't help close deals
A typical day involved update meetings with VPs, Directors and others who had no clue what it takes to close large strategic partnership transactions. My direct manager was the biggest roadblock of all. She had no understanding of the actual work or the ability to adjust the metrics to account for high level business development partnerships. The structure – more... was so messed up that co-workers weren't even incentivized to help close these commercial lending deals. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with my boss on a daily / weekly basis. I did take advantage of working from home which was much more productive than being in the office. The office environment was toxic. – less
Goals driven environment with 100% diversity in staffing. Customer experience and sales expectations imperative
Call Centre Team Leader (Former Employee), Markham, OntSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: job satisfaction, bonus system and working with great individuals
Cons: can't say that i would have any cons as 'long hours' eventually lead to job satisfaction, my number one motivator!
I was able to use my extensive knowledge to build teams, coached, trained and developed staff members, solve customer service and staff issues in a positive successful manner. I developed new processes to use as a guide for the Future Leader process and I maintained a positive outlook to all concerns, monthly changes in direction and an overall 'will – more... to win' mentality.

Working with others and 'leading by example' has always been a personal asset that I have and it my greatest motivation to achieve and exceed goals and see individuals reach their potential. – less
Solid and employee oriented environment.
SENIOR MANAGER, CARD BONUSING GOVERNANCE (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Great organization to work for, positive environment and team oriented. Very meeting focused. Some systems are outdated but there is work being done to make them more integrated and streamlined. Fairly aggressive about movement of staff into other positions.
Financial planning company giving support in a positive team culture.
Financial Advisor/New Advisor Leader (Former Employee), Lexington, KYSeptember 16, 2014
Worked with individuals and business in financial planning and analysis, as well as investment advisory work. Designed and implemented marketing programs for client acquisition and customer service management. Project management. Managed and mentored new advisors. Designed and taught classes for financial analysis and client marketing.
Great Training
Travel Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: training is thorough and in depth
Cons: schedule - it is a call center so not much room for flexibility
I have had the opportunity to work for American Express on two occasions. Both offered complete training and a culture of success. There goal was to help you succeed in all aspects with American Express. They were committed to your well being..
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Plantation, FLSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, health care benefits, exercise classes
Cons: short breaks
Excellent company to work for with the job training and knowldege provided. Customer Service is top of the line.
Great Place to Work but beware of revolving door
Travel Counselor (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: perfection
Worked here for 2 years was going great until brand new manager took over whom was new to the managerial role. Seems forced to prove themselves worthy of position by micro managing.
Great Company with Great Values
Customer Experience and Sales Enablement (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Working at Amex has been excellent for my career development
Employee (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, people
Has the benefits of working for a big company. Good customer and employee focus.
Better than most
Manager of Global Metrics & Analysis (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 9, 2014
Nice organization to work in. Lots of freedom to contribute and make a difference. Good life work balance.
helping customers with their credit card inquiries
Sales and Customer service (Former Employee), Markham onSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: good health and dental benefits package
Cons: terrible pay 2001 $13/hr downsized 2014 less than $20/hr plus long hours
A call centre environment with irate, unintelligent and rude customers calling everyday with not a second to breathe between calls for 8 hours straight and being underappreciated and underpaid
pretty good
Financial Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee), east boston maSeptember 8, 2014
love the job love my coworkers aiport is an interesting place to work hours and rotation is a problem working after midnite
Benefits Benfits Benefits
Global Credit Administration Specialist (Current Employee), plantation, flSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: unbeleivable benefits
Cons: unclear procedure and compliance guidelines
American Express offers the best benefits and vacation time of any place out there and fantastic pay! It is a call center and hub style working. You are closely monitored everyday all day, STRICT Compliance adherence is a must.
Productive and Fun
Program analyst (Current Employee), GurgoanSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: work-life balance
Cons: compensation may be little less
Very good company with excellent growth rate.
Learning curve is excellent.
Good co-workers.
Management is good.
Relaxed, fast paced work environment
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARSeptember 4, 2014
AmEx provided a work environment when I was able to flourish and the support team was fantastic
Good Benefits,
Reconciliation and Sales Settlement (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 3, 2014
American Express treated their employees well. I learned a lot of new skills on the computer and how to handle tough customer issues.
Learned some basic accounting skills as well as how to identify fraud.
Great company to work for
Account Development Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 3, 2014
American Express values their employees. They take great care in providing employees with the tools they need to make them an industry leader. They also provide their employees with a wide variety of benefits and are top notch in employee enhancement programs.
Loved My Job
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 3, 2014
There's nothing bad to say except I wish our dept. hadn't downsized. I loved our office, the employees and everything that came with the job. Met new people every day and some regular clients which I miss too.
Depends on your personality
Partnerships Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 2, 2014
Amex isn't about what you know or how hard you work or how "great you are." It's all about the relationships you build with upper management. If you aren't in the "clique," it's a lot harder for you to move up...

1 2 3 4 5

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Photos