American Express

American Express Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Loyal employee with over 25 years of experience in customer service
Corporate Credit Senior Analyst (Former Employee), SydneyAugust 20, 2015
As I was at American Express for over 25 years a typical day for me would involve making sure the department had enough staff to manage the amount of incoming calls, whilst still being able to handle other tasks such as outbound calls and emails etc.

My role has changed over the years at American Express so I have had to learn and teach and implement new system, as well as setting up new departments and the hiring on new staff.

As a Team Leader at American Express it was important that I kept my manager informed of any charges or trends affecting the business, as well as positive customer feedback.

I am a very strong team player and I believe it is vital to the running of any business. I am also a loyal employee as I have been with American Express since 1989.

It's a challange to managing staff personalities and allow them to flourish in a team work environment. As everyone has their own personality and will not always get along with everyone else, sometimes this is the challaning part.

I really enjoy being able to challange myself in the workplace. I do not mind taking on extra work and responsabilities. I also take great pride in my work.
An exciting caring and motivational workplace which encourages employees to realise their potential and go above and beyond
New Accounts Analyst (Current Employee), Sydney NSWJuly 14, 2015
A typical day at work consists of completing my assigned work, going above and beyond and assisting my colleagues, sharing my knowledge and expertise.
The hardest part of my job is smiling after a difficult telephone call and talking in a happy manner to the next customer.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a satisfied happy customer.
Productive & fun place to work
Corporate Account Program Administrator (Former Employee), SydneyJuly 2, 2015
Productive and very fun work place with PS3, helpful & supportive team leader, good discount for health insurance, 3 months full paid for new born care leave
great culture
ACQUISITION MANAGER (Current Employee), Sydney, NSWMay 13, 2015
Large market Clients with revenues over $300M and a typical long and strategic sales cycle. Typical day involved seeing clients, preparing documents, implementation of ERP and cash flow solutions. loved the customer interaction
It has been a wonderful 3 years in this role which gave me a huge exposure to bank partners/clients in Asia Pacific and ANZ region
Relationship Manager/BDM Manager Role (Former Employee), Sydney, NSWMay 6, 2015
• Added 3 new deals in the region and re-negotiate to direct ATM traffic to Amex Network, which increased the overall turnover by USD 6.5 Mil in 2014.
• Developed effective network partner/client relationships with the designated Business Partner of each business Amex worked with globally. Previously these business relationships had not been effectively developed.
• Leveraged my relationship building skills to identify areas where American Express could work more effectively including the resolution of solutions.
• Developed a list of ATM locations for use by Amex customers which was not previously available. This required me to contact each client bank in locations in 21 markets and communicate effectively with the client to obtain their willingness to provide this information.
• Recognised by the business for my ability to establish excellent client relationships in my region by my manager when I was requested to develop a procedure to be used across the Americas and Europe outlining the method which I had used to establish this for JAPA.
• Successfully project managed and integrate/roll-out changes to policy, process and technology that impact Partners (Global Authorisation Network Platform Migration and EMV ATM upgrades with Partners).
Lead the Amex ATM EMV upgrades in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Macau and Singapore.
Satisfaction
Supervisor and team leader of credit analysts (Former Employee), Sydney, AustraliaFebruary 9, 2015
Global, large place to work.
Possibility to increase skills and knowledge.
Great job culture and respect.
Company allow breaks during the day.
The perfect employer.
World Service Representative (Current Employee), Sydney, NSWMay 24, 2014
Everyday is different but with the warm and friendly environment provided to us it's never dull.
Co-Workers are well trained and always at hand should you need help.
Our cardmembers are loyal and always up for a good chat or just a call to check balances, either way we have built a nice rapport with them.
This was the worst place to work in my 13 year career.
Strategic Transactions & Business Development (Former Employee), Sydney, AustraliaMarch 24, 2012
Pros: decent work hours
Cons: culture based on fear, managers don't help close deals
A typical day involved update meetings with VPs, Directors and others who had no clue what it takes to close large strategic partnership transactions. My direct manager was the biggest roadblock of all. She had no understanding of the actual work or the ability to adjust the metrics to account for high level business development partnerships. The structure was so messed up that co-workers weren't even incentivized to help close these commercial lending deals. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with my boss on a daily / weekly basis. I did take advantage of working from home which was much more productive than being in the office. The office environment was toxic.