American Express

American Express Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The perfect employer.
World Service Representative (Current Employee), Sydney, NSWMay 24, 2014
Everyday is different but with the warm and friendly environment provided to us it's never dull.
Co-Workers are well trained and always at hand should you need help.
Our cardmembers are loyal and always up for a good chat or just a call to check balances, either way we have built a nice rapport with them.
Challenging position dealing with foreign currency
Foreign Exchange Teller (Former Employee), South YarraMay 6, 2012
Pros: great to work for and enjoyable with the customers
Cons: no cons
I enjoyed assisting the customers and helping them if they needed to go overseas I also directed them to the correct branch if we did not have enough cash to assist customers I rang other branches to locate where the correct cash was
This was the worst place to work in my 13 year career.
Strategic Transactions & Business Development (Former Employee), Sydney, AustraliaMarch 24, 2012
Pros: decent work hours
Cons: culture based on fear, managers don't help close deals
A typical day involved update meetings with VPs, Directors and others who had no clue what it takes to close large strategic partnership transactions. My direct manager was the biggest roadblock of all. She had no understanding of the actual work or the ability to adjust the metrics to account for high level business development partnerships. The structure – more... was so messed up that co-workers weren't even incentivized to help close these commercial lending deals. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with my boss on a daily / weekly basis. I did take advantage of working from home which was much more productive than being in the office. The office environment was toxic. – less
Great place to work with great benefits.
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2014
A typical day consisted of phone servicing and computer back-end work. Constantly learning new processes and meeting new external representatives. Co-workers were very pleasant and friendly. Hardest part of the job was working overnight with no support for our customers. The greatest part of the day was interacting with people of different ethnicity.
Excellent Experience Working at Amex
Support Person (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 29, 2014
Pros: learning about travel
Cons: only part time job
Answered phones
Print and package travel tickets
Open and deliver mail
Fax invoices and make copies
Prepare ARC reports
Arrange hotel reservations

I had a great time working at Amex and learned a lot about travel and booking flights and hotel

My managers were great to work with and always there to teach me something new
Family orientated place to work
Assisting in care Program; Assisting in One (Former Employee), plantationAugust 29, 2014
Learn a lot about the American express products
Good environment.
Family orientated place to work
Learn a lot about the American express products
Good environment.
Stressful Environment
Credit Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2014
Pros: trying hard to think of some pros but can't come up with any at this time.
Cons: far too many to list.
Stressful environment. A typical day at work involves taking as many calls as you can in the shortest amount of time irregardless of whether you helped the card member or not. This is a "sweat shop" environment that is micromanaged by team leaders who are actually puppets to upper management. It's all about the money not about the card members. Co-workers – more... are pleasant, however, many are afraid to complain because we are constantly reminded that this is an "At Will" company and you can get fired at the snap of a finger. Hardest part of the job is trying to take care of the card member while stressing out about the length of the call. The most enjoyable part of this job is break time. – less
Awesome Company
Payroll Clerk timekeeper/Administrative Support (Former Employee), Miami LakesAugust 27, 2014
They a great company to work for & they have a great benefits,
5 Star Company
Dispute Analyst/Merchant Advocate (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale FlAugust 26, 2014
Awesome Company to work for, GD Power award 5 years in a row.
Wonderful team of management, structured environment, gracious benefits and a very diverse place to work.
Good work environment and the management team is the best.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 25, 2014
Good work environment and the management team is the best.Good work environment and the management team is the best.Good work environment and the management team is the best.
Great culture and people
Manager - Regulatory Risk Analytics (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 25, 2014
Great place to work with very nice co-workers and lots of events. Can be a great fit for the right person but if you are someone who has an aggresive workstyle and really likes to dive into things that it can be a bit limiting.
Not a happy place to work
Corporate Services Operations (Former Employee), Markham, onAugust 24, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: long hour, rude management, old computers etc
Management allow the Leads to be rude and disrespectful to the agents. Favoritism is show to people of their own decent, also with them moving back to the USA they clearly do not care about work life balance. I have worked 16hrs straight without even a thank you. If you are looking for a safe place to work do not go here.
Major corporation with respected reputation for customer service, employee satisfaction, community service
Team Leader (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, comparable pay, recognition
Cons: long hours
Partnering with colleagues for department success, development, and adherence to company policies. Directing team of employees to meet team and corporate goals.
productive but needs to be transparent
Reconciliation Analyst (Former Employee), gurgaonAugust 22, 2014
Pros: freebies & excellent training
Cons: long working hours
It should be more employee friendly, specially for working moms, in the terms of shift timings, profile & work from home option.
Fun company great benefits
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2014
Typical day at work was out going great co-workers management was always there to help
customer service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2014
Inbound out bound call center
Fantastic work environment.
Great place to work.
Manager, Account Management (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance, gym onsite, great cafeteria, lots of job opportunity if you want to move around the company.
Cons: location of the office
Excellent work environment, very smart and motivated employees. My co-workers were very easy to work with and we worked well as a team to get the job done. The hardest part was always staying on top of the competition and offering the best price for the product.
Good travel benefits if you can last
Travel Counselor (Former Employee), MIramar floridaAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good travel benfits
Cons: no job security and no union .
I worked in travel department and I loved the job , but their was no respect to how long you have been with the company. Employees with many years were let go if their sales weren't meet over a two month peroid. This company needs a union CWA very badly . Most of management do not have degrees either.
fun place to work
Team Supervisor credit corporate (Former Employee), bahrainAugust 18, 2014
Pros: eye glass bonus
learn alot of staff , add value to my job experinacen Team Supervisor credit corporate - analyzing, reporting, and controlling the market risk exposure across AEME. Reporting corporate Risk flow MIS and Coverage to monitor overall risk profiles for corporate product .

measures and understand the risk profile of various Legal Entities, specifically – more... Value at Risk (and Stress testing and help improve the reports and infrastructure used to examine the firm's Legal Entity specific risk. develop technical skills in Excel and Access to succeed in the role. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Photos