American Express

American Express Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The perfect employer.
World Service Representative (Current Employee), Sydney, NSWMay 24, 2014
Everyday is different but with the warm and friendly environment provided to us it's never dull.
Co-Workers are well trained and always at hand should you need help.
Our cardmembers are loyal and always up for a good chat or just a call to check balances, either way we have built a nice rapport with them.
Challenging position dealing with foreign currency
Foreign Exchange Teller (Former Employee), South YarraMay 6, 2012
Pros: great to work for and enjoyable with the customers
Cons: no cons
I enjoyed assisting the customers and helping them if they needed to go overseas I also directed them to the correct branch if we did not have enough cash to assist customers I rang other branches to locate where the correct cash was
This was the worst place to work in my 13 year career.
Strategic Transactions & Business Development (Former Employee), Sydney, AustraliaMarch 24, 2012
Pros: decent work hours
Cons: culture based on fear, managers don't help close deals
A typical day involved update meetings with VPs, Directors and others who had no clue what it takes to close large strategic partnership transactions. My direct manager was the biggest roadblock of all. She had no understanding of the actual work or the ability to adjust the metrics to account for high level business development partnerships. The structure – more... was so messed up that co-workers weren't even incentivized to help close these commercial lending deals. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with my boss on a daily / weekly basis. I did take advantage of working from home which was much more productive than being in the office. The office environment was toxic. – less
Great place to work.
Manager, Account Management (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance, gym onsite, great cafeteria, lots of job opportunity if you want to move around the company.
Cons: location of the office
Excellent work environment, very smart and motivated employees. My co-workers were very easy to work with and we worked well as a team to get the job done. The hardest part was always staying on top of the competition and offering the best price for the product.
Good travel benefits if you can last
Travel Counselor (Former Employee), MIramar floridaAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good travel benfits
Cons: no job security and no union .
I worked in travel department and I loved the job , but their was no respect to how long you have been with the company. Employees with many years were let go if their sales weren't meet over a two month peroid. This company needs a union CWA very badly . Most of management do not have degrees either.
fun place to work
Team Supervisor credit corporate (Former Employee), bahrainAugust 18, 2014
Pros: eye glass bonus
learn alot of staff , add value to my job experinacen Team Supervisor credit corporate - analyzing, reporting, and controlling the market risk exposure across AEME. Reporting corporate Risk flow MIS and Coverage to monitor overall risk profiles for corporate product .

measures and understand the risk profile of various Legal Entities, specifically – more... Value at Risk (and Stress testing and help improve the reports and infrastructure used to examine the firm's Legal Entity specific risk. develop technical skills in Excel and Access to succeed in the role. – less
Respected company to work for
Travel Consultant (Former Employee), Miami and Jacksonville,FLAugust 16, 2014
Call center environment. Some of the best management I have worked with and some of the worst. Greatest part of the job was working with celebrities and respected professionals. The hardest part of the job was being behind a phone only and being timed to hurry off of the phone. Also customers were not allowed to request you again as their personal agent. – more... They were required to speak to whomever was available their next call. – less
Excellent Business to work for.
Customer service - Receive incoming calls (Former Employee), Phoenix, AzAugust 16, 2014
Pros: nice atmosphere
Cons: n/a
Would love to work full time until my retirement. Co-worker are very very helpful.
Gatestone
Collector Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2014
I worked for Gatestone Co but specifically for American Express US. There is so much that I can say but it would all be negative so i will not; it takes guts and a strong back bone to work there for a long period of time and not many people will have that.
Good
Java Technical Lead (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2014
• 8.5 years of professional experience in full life cycle system development involving analysis, design, implementation, maintenance and support of application software in Web-based and Client/Server environment.
• Work Extensively in Java, Struts, and spring, Servlets, JSP, JSTL and Java Beans.
• Hands-on experience with J2EE (JDBC, Servlets, JSP, – more... Struts), JAVA, XML, SOAP, Maven and Java Script. – less
Great company with a very welcoming and fun environment
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee), Plantation, FLAugust 13, 2014
At American Express, there are so many opportunities for advancement. You must be willing to be open-minded and learn and to accept that you have a lot of growth that can be done if you really apply the feedback given by the many team leaders, coaches, and peers. The people who work at American Express are always willing to help each other out and work – more... together as a team to accomplish one goal of being the best customer service team of all major credit card companies, earning us the JD Power and Associates award seven years consecutively. I would recommend working for this amazing company to all of my closest friends. – less
Laid back fun environment
Consumer Welcome Card Service (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 13, 2014
Pros: alot of give aways and fun environment
Cons: banking regulations change weekly
Very great place to work. Typical workdays are quick and fun. Management is always visible, and have a open door policy so if you have problems its ok to talk to them. Very good pay and benefits. Very good bonus structure.
Technical Lead (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free accomodation, free lunch
Cons: short breaks
CCSG (Consumer card service group) targets individual customers in the U.S. markets. CCSG is responsible for developing, marketing and servicing all aspects of charge and lending card products of American Express in the United States. CCSG services are grouped according to customer status, i.e. existing card members, new card members, or card members – more... eligible for an upgrade. CCSG offers services to three financial streams namely: Credit Cards, Charge Cards and Partner Cards. OPEN Cards targets for Corporate/Business cards.
CCSG App Redesign DTW/UA: Redesign and integrate DTW Prescreened and Non Pre- Selected applications flows for CCSG card products. The appearance of the Re-designed UIs should be reflective of the AMEX brand image and should match the existing Redesign experience for CCSG prospect flow. Existing Microsite login pages, Decode pages, upsell pages will need to be integrated as part of Redesign.
CCSG App REDESIGN (App Transformation): The objective of this project is to provide a new user interface for prospect and already card member customers applying for the American Express Cards. Digitals, a third party team, will provide the UI and back end functionality is developed using spring web flow with struts integration. The technologies used for development are spring web flow struts Json and Ajax. This application will be hosted on the WAS 6 server.

My role is Senior Java Developer and Technical lead.
• Involved in analysis, design and development, testing phases of application.
• Interaction with client team to understand business requirements and develop the System design and involved in technical discussions, design reviews with Architects.
• Involved actively in frequent calls with business to gather requirements from the client and analyze the technical feasibility
• Worked on Struts ,Spring MVC and spring web flow framework to build web applications
• Used different types of J2EE design patterns like Front Controller, MVC and DAO.
• Developed the User Interface Screens for presentation using JSP, JSTL, HTML and Java Script.
• Worked on complete life cycle, design, development and testing using OOA and OOD.
• Worked on HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Low level JQuery tasks handle the front end requirements.
• User java design patterns like Singleton, Factory patterns
• SOAP based web services and exposed and also consumed the services
• Used JUnit for Unit testing the application.
• Deployed code on WAS servers using UNIX commands
• Implemented Log4J for Logging Errors, debugging and tracking.
• Delivered many successful projects which involved analyzing requirements from the client design the architecture and developing complex business logic
• Lead a team of 5 people to deliver projects which changed the entire architecture of all online American Express personal card application (prospect, card member and rsvp)
• Actively involved in solving the production defects on priority bases.
• Provided the post production support and actively responded to customer calls and emails.
• Received client accolades and appreciations on several occasions – less
Fun place to work
Account Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRAugust 11, 2014
Pros: best work life
Cons: no problems
an amazing organisation to work, ive learned alot of skills while working with this organisation , was an amazing experiece
Senior dispute analyst.
Senior Dispute Analyst (Former Employee), IndiaAugust 11, 2014
Pros: incentives.
Cons: shift timings.
Dealing with the disputes raised by the Amex card holders.
Analyzing the dispute type and categorizing them.
Going through the card history of the merchant and the Card Member.
Inspecting the dispute as per Amex policies. Establishing a merchant or a Card Member contact & requesting them to send in the concerned documents.
stable
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 11, 2014
Since this was through a contracted company there were some limitations that were a little different from being in the corporate office. The opportunity to become a fully licensed insurance agent it invaluable.
Travel Agent
Travel Counselor for Ernst (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 10, 2014
Pros: trave benefits and company were great.
Cons: office moved to florida
Booked corporate travel for an investment firm, Ernst and Young. Very busy and fast paced call environment atmosphere. Very demanding and high profile clientele.
FINE
Sr. sales Executive (Former Employee), PuneAugust 9, 2014
good people who taught me how to work in professional it was totally different experience in my life lot it is big organization so i got lot of co- worker over there. all of them nice nature & cooperative
Dream company to work with.
Master Credit Analyst (Former Employee), indiaAugust 8, 2014
It was my first company to work with and I was blown. Everything about amex is amazing. Work/life balance, salary/benefits, job security or advancement or the culture each and everything was nice and professional about amex. i wish every company was like amex.
personally one of the best companies to work with.
Stressful Place to work
Customer Care Professional (CCP) (Former Employee), Plantation, FLAugust 7, 2014
Pros: good lunch breaks
Cons: too short breaks
A typical day was filled with stress.
I learned how to assist credit card customers and explained their benefits.
Management was very political.
I had great co-workers
Hardest part of the job was not being able to please every customer no matter how hard you try.
Unfortunately, there was not man enjoyable parts of the job.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Photos