American Express

American Express Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and quality work
Senior Travel Counselor (Former Employee), GurgaonNovember 13, 2013
I have worked with multiple organisation and it was my best learning period, where I learned team work, customer support and respect for people.

My most enjoyable moment when I was got selected for best performance award in first quarter after joining the WNS organisation.
Moreover, I have won lots of award for my performance.

As such there was no – more... hardest part in the job and but need to more careful and give 100% quality to our work. – less
Amazing people to work with!
Employee Satisfaction Action (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 15, 2014
I learned so much in my 20 years with this company. I was laid off 3 times and return to work there as they are one of the few travel companies that still offer retirement benefits.
Team top sales and services for my assigned commercial accounts regarding American Express customer database. Customer relations skills, excellent and
Business Account Advisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 14, 2014
Pros: great opportuny to help business owners reach their dream goals
Cons: long hours with no breaks
See Resume/ totally focused on helping the business owners realize their potential business plans with American Express business credit line,
Great place to work!
High Value Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Markham, TorontoApril 13, 2014
Pros: fun challenging environment
Cons: may have to work weekends and holidays
American Express being one of the world's best known brands is a great place to work. The training they provide and the job culture they promote are one of the best in the business world. You are always taught to be decisive and have an open mind about ways you conduct business with customers.

Also it offers one of the best work environment with a – more... healthy work life balance and plenty of challenges which allows you to thrive and grow. – less
Work for the growth of organization at a challenging position
Network Support Engineer (Former Employee), New Delhi, IndiaApril 12, 2014
The Primary activities are run and maintenance WAN/LAN.
I start working here, so learn basics of networking here only.
Got support from HP Engineer, ATT Enginner, Verizon Team, CISCO Team, different vendors as well.
I got full support from my Manager and team also.
I learn real time troubleshoot from my co-workers and seniors.
The hardest part is the – more... day when I was leaving. – less
Great company
Customer Care (Current Employee), Plantation, FLApril 12, 2014
- Accessing AESP, Sabre and other lounge specific tools to ensure compliance
- Delivering extraordinary customer service by assisting Cardmembers with travel, concierge and card services
- Facilitating in full lounge experience, answering questions, and providing solutions in an atmosphere of constant change
- Maintaining communication with team and – more... leaders with proper documentation of daily Cardmember interactions – less
Awesome place to work.
Management Operations Systems Analyst (MOSA) (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 11, 2014
AMEX is a great company which upholds Blue Box Values and is the worlds most respected service brand!!! The work environment was great and compensation/bonuses awesome!!!
Great place to work, limited promotion opportunities
Director, New Product Development (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 11, 2014
Pros: smart people, great projects, easy to move around and get new experience
Cons: limited opportunities to get promoted
Great place to work; smart people, great management. Limited opportunities to get promoted.
Great company
Customer Focused Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 10, 2014
Pros: great company benefits
Cons: stuck on the phone
Converted an average of 800 incoming calls into sales by opening new accounts, promoting membership rewards, and upgrading customer’s accounts.
Innovative company with strong belief in customer service
Senior Marketing Manager, Social Media (Current Employee), Westlake, OHApril 9, 2014
American Express provides employees with an environment to challenge themselves every day, rewards innovation, and values hard work.
Great place to work - especially for women
Service Delivery Leader (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRApril 9, 2014
Pros: great work life balance, flexibility, world class leadership, blue box values, highest standards of integrity.
Amazing fact is people look forward to a working day and prefer to come to work even if moderately ill; It lifts the spirits to be surrounded by great peaple and teams. Freedom to make mistakes; transparent reviews; year long performance review process; Internal career move opportunities are all indicators of the employee centricity of the organization. – more... Its a pleasure and enriching experience working for Amex. – less
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: compensation
Great company that provides the perfect balance for those who have families and those who are attending school.
Hard work
IT Specialist Tivoli Monitoring (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPApril 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I go in with one or more goals everyday based on priority. Then, at the end of the day, I realize that I have not accomplished a single thing that I had planned. Instead, putting out fires/dealing with phone calls & e-mails/solving other people's problems/helping other people meet their goals for the day/meetings take up the whole freaking day! I should – more... work at night. Wait, I already do that (weekends too many times). Those are the times that I can actually get my stuff done.............................................................................. – less
Fun place to work
Java/UI Developer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2014
Employee centric. Amex is a great place to work. My team members were always there to help me and I had full support of my manager at all times.
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee), New Town Square, PAApril 7, 2014
• Gathered user requirements to develop requirement documents, functional specification documents, testing methodology documents and training documents.
• As a key client personnel, and part of the core team, involved in various stages of project change management and organizational dynamics and involved in delivering and gathering business requirements.
 – more... Conducted JRP sessions with stake holders and portfolio team to capture business requirements and system behavior.
• Coordinate with the QA team to ensure that the test cases are accurate and testing is carried out on time.
• Partnered with Project Managers and SMEs to assess and document the impact of managing current project requirements.
• Partnered with SMEs in writing functional and technical specifications.
• Participated in review meetings, Risk Management meetings and status meetings with business leads and other team members.
• Entered and managed the change requests to requirements.
• Discussed the requirements for look and feel, content management, usability guidelines, legal and security guidelines, functional and performance requirements, search functions and navigation menu etc.
• Used Quality Center to create and maintain Test Requirements, bug tracking and reporting
• Took an active part in creating the Technical Design Document including Class diagram, assisted the Architect to create the design document from the FSD making sure that all the use cases are covered.
• Involved in Testing Methodology Document, both for Unit Testing and Systems Testing.
• Reviewed test cases and helped set up test data. – less
productive work place with fun activities
Analyst Compliance (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 7, 2014
strict management and opportunities available
great benefits
travel
networking
great opportunity to expand on knowledge
Employee focus organization.
Senior Executive (Former Employee), GurgaonApril 5, 2014
Pros: cab facility, free food coupon etc.
Cons: na
I must say that, we felt excellent to work with American express Pvt Ltd. This is one of the best employee focus organization which i have ever seen. Co-workers were very helpful wherever their helps required. I learned a lot from American express as it was my first MNC. Love to work with American express.
PEGA System Architect
PEGA System Architect (Current Employee), , Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2014
Pros: pega system architect
Cons: sales automation
Certified PEGA PRPC System Architect having 7 years of experience in IT Industry with 4+ years of experience in design and development of large scale Business Process Management (BPM) and Business Rules Engines (BRE) applications using PEGA Systems PEGA Rules Process Commander (PRPC).
Sold premier retail products to platinum clients through assessing clients needs.
Customer Service/Platinum Travel Consultant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2014
Pros: convenience of working from home.
Cons: hours of operation.
Implemented successful marketing strategies to provide our clients with the companies premier products.

Some people just want to comparison shop.

I feel as if this company took time and found the best in the field.

Work life balance.

Convenience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2014
Pros: 15 minute breaks in the morning and afternoon
Cons: was none
Great place to work. 21 days of vacation to start. Loved working here. Great people. 15 minute breaks in the morning and afternoon. Great location. Fun place to work.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Photos