American Express Employee Reviews in Australia

Challenging but fun & enjoyable workplace.
Client Services Representative (DJ & BTA) (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSWJanuary 19, 2016
Regular hours and great colleagues meant going to work wasn't a chore it was enjoyable.
My co-workers became my friends, and the management were also people you could easily approach & talk to.
The hardest part of the job was learning the different, unique systems, but once I got to know them they became easy.
The most enjoyable part of the job was achieving results, and getting positive remarks from customers & clients.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Only a temporary job.
Very comfortable environment
Internal Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  12 Shelley st, SydneyFebruary 18, 2016
The company is very employee oriented and has the best environment, such as equal opportunity , health benefits, great training program and employee performance incentives. It has been the best place to work.
Pros
Leadership surveys
Great place to work friendly people, very long hours though
Senior System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pyrmont NSWMay 8, 2016
Basic perks of the job are responsibility and security, global business with much advancement opportunity when they are not downsizing
If you ambitious, go for it
Fraud Prevention Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSWMarch 29, 2016
These days any job are not secure, however working for large corporate you feel more that one day my day to be redundant.
However, very diverse talent out there.
Best place to work
SALES EXCEUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSWNovember 17, 2015
It is the company's policies to make sure all the staff are respected and treated without prejudice.It has the best encouragement and development plan for all .Have a great fun team and support system to assit each other. It is about numbers but the way to accomplish is fantastic.Lots of positive energy from management.
Pros
Treatment of each staff
Cons
nothing major for mentioning
Fun workplace, great work/life balance, friendly and supportive place to be.
Business Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pyrmont NSWFebruary 21, 2016
Great people to work with, very supportive and career driven.
Leadership teams are great and plenty of career path advancement.
Fun workeplace
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  PertjOctober 24, 2015
Book International and Domectic travel for corporate travellers, VIP's and crew changes.
Perth Global Supplier Relations Ambassador Liaise with American Express preferred Airline, Hotel and Car Hire Representatives to schedule them to come into the office throughout the year to update consultants on their product.
Liaise with American Express workforce management to schedule consultants for supplier update sessions.
Ensure Sales and Client Management are aware of Supplier Update Calender so they can also benefit from new information and meet contacts.
Ensure supplier updates run to schedule and report on feedback from Supplier Representatives and American Express staff.
Pros
Travel perks
Cons
working public holidays
Productive work place
Foreign Exchange Specialist (Customer Service) (Current Employee) –  St Ives, NSWSeptember 10, 2015
I learnt a lot while working in American Express. Higher management is co-operative, understanding and helpful.

I am working in this company for the last one and half year and in during this time I developed good relationship with my management and I was also nominated as employee of the month.
Pros
Management is very helpful
Best in class people and culture
Regional Manager, Performance and Capabilities (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSWAugust 26, 2015
Varied work assignments with real opportunities for career advancement.

Supportive management and engaged intelligent coworkers.
Pros
Salary & Benefits, Flexible Working Arrangement, Brand, Culture
Cons
Frequent restructuring and reorganization
An exciting caring and motivational workplace which encourages employees to realise their potential and go above and beyond
New Accounts Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSWJuly 14, 2015
A typical day at work consists of completing my assigned work, going above and beyond and assisting my colleagues, sharing my knowledge and expertise.
The hardest part of my job is smiling after a difficult telephone call and talking in a happy manner to the next customer.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a satisfied happy customer.
getting knowledge in dealing with different kind of people from different cultures
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Shelley Street SydneyJune 29, 2015
customer service is the back bone of any business. Being a concierge at one of the best corporate bank .I got the opportunity to learn skills in customer service in best corporate business.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
good hours
Taking a market that is fairly new to a level where it can operate on its own operational expense resulting from exceeding revenues.
Head of FXIP New Zealand (Current Employee) –  Ellerslie, NFebruary 14, 2015
As head od the New Zealand market it was my role to ensure the environment was productive and fun. an environment where staff wanted to succeed in.
A typical day would start with team interaction, followed by client visits, and aside from the leadership meetings, my day was filled with strategic planning for the market.
The most enjoyable part of my role was the autonomy I had to initiate and implement process improvement to increase share of wallet and overall profit margins.
great culture
ACQUISITION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSWMay 13, 2015
Large market Clients with revenues over $300M and a typical long and strategic sales cycle. Typical day involved seeing clients, preparing documents, implementation of ERP and cash flow solutions. loved the customer interaction
Loyal employee with over 25 years of experience in customer service
Corporate Credit Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  SydneyAugust 20, 2015
As I was at American Express for over 25 years a typical day for me would involve making sure the department had enough staff to manage the amount of incoming calls, whilst still being able to handle other tasks such as outbound calls and emails etc.

My role has changed over the years at American Express so I have had to learn and teach and implement new system, as well as setting up new departments and the hiring on new staff.

As a Team Leader at American Express it was important that I kept my manager informed of any charges or trends affecting the business, as well as positive customer feedback.

I am a very strong team player and I believe it is vital to the running of any business. I am also a loyal employee as I have been with American Express since 1989.

It's a challange to managing staff personalities and allow them to flourish in a team work environment. As everyone has their own personality and will not always get along with everyone else, sometimes this is the challaning part.

I really enjoy being able to challange myself in the workplace. I do not mind taking on extra work and responsabilities. I also take great pride in my work.
The world's most respected Brand
Senior Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Pyrmont, SydneyFebruary 22, 2015
Working for American Express for 11 years, gave me an opportunity to enjoy working for a Company that values their clients and customers, and also supports their staff. I learned to build relationship care with clients and team mates, and also improving skills of customer service, resolving disputes and being able to find solutions for clients. Management were always available, from Managers to Call Centre Manager, we always knew they were there if we needed to talk or discuss challenges.
co- workers always make life interesting and also help build you when you need it, we all go through the same challenges its how we face them that make us who we are. this was also the most enjoyable part of the job.
The hardest part of the job, was leaving, after 11 years the challenge isnt there anymore and new challenges and journeys need to be found.
Pros
co-workers, training
Cons
losing night shift, jobs going off shore
Multi Culture and flexible working environment
Project Analyst, Production Capability Team (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSWOctober 14, 2014
I mostly worked during day time. Was flexible to deal and attend international conference with business partner out of working hours to meet different time zone in worldwide.

I have learned comprehensive business analysis skills, multi functional project management skills, people leadership skills and variety project handling methodology.

I have managed multi projects across the market and function globally. I used to manage a team as team leader to achieve highest performance in the organisation.

The hardest part of the job was peoples leader as team members all came from different background.

My most enjoyable part of the job was to implement my handled project in place successfully and to see my customers were happy with them.
Hard work, fun environment, established work life balance
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  SydneyFebruary 20, 2014
There is no typical day at work in an outbound call center, American express offered a very dynamic high energy role which allowed team member's to feel empowered to make decisions and showcase their skills.
Co-workers were like minded ambitious people who followed the American Express ethos (blue box values stringently).
The hardest part of the role was leaving american express after just under 5 years part of the team.
Pros
american express liked to hire from its own talent pool
Cons
This was the worst place to work in my 13 year career.
Strategic Transactions & Business Development (Former Employee) –  Sydney, AustraliaMarch 24, 2012
A typical day involved update meetings with VPs, Directors and others who had no clue what it takes to close large strategic partnership transactions. My direct manager was the biggest roadblock of all. She had no understanding of the actual work or the ability to adjust the metrics to account for high level business development partnerships. The structure was so messed up that co-workers weren't even incentivized to help close these commercial lending deals. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with my boss on a daily / weekly basis. I did take advantage of working from home which was much more productive than being in the office. The office environment was toxic.
Pros
decent work hours
Cons
culture based on fear, managers don't help close deals
The perfect employer.
World Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSWMay 24, 2014
Everyday is different but with the warm and friendly environment provided to us it's never dull.
Co-Workers are well trained and always at hand should you need help.
Our cardmembers are loyal and always up for a good chat or just a call to check balances, either way we have built a nice rapport with them.
Satisfaction
Supervisor and team leader of credit analysts (Former Employee) –  Sydney, AustraliaFebruary 9, 2015
Global, large place to work.
Possibility to increase skills and knowledge.
Great job culture and respect.
Company allow breaks during the day.

4.2