Anglican Retirement Villages Employee Reviews for Care Worker

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Overall I love my job and would like to be involed in a situationw where I can make a difference for more than one person
community care worker eachd (Current Employee) –  Belrose nsw12 February 2013
a typical day is getting ready to drive to the homes I visit watching the time so that I am able to complete all that is required for the person I am taking care of and leaving them in a reasonably good frame of mind, and myself too as I go for the next service. Management is very supportive and very approachable and where necessary management will take over our care duties if we are unable to. I am very happy with the management and the tasks they set and the support they give. I only get to see my co-workers at peer support meeting and its good to catch up with them.
The hardest part of the job is the driving bit and when the client is alittle unwell and I have to leave them, but do inform our co-ordinators But the best part is seeing my clients and communicating with them as I go about doing my work and involving them where it is possible.
Pros
casual work
Cons
driving and cost of fuel