Anglican Retirement Villages Employee Reviews for Caregiver

Managent needs improvement
Carer (Former Employee) –  Castle Hill NSW27 January 2016
Pros:

ARV has a higher rate of pay than average.
Ongoing training provided.
Career developement opportunities for the right candidates.
Excellent dementia specific training by outside organisations such as Alzheimer's Australia.
Staff are, for the most part, genuinely wonderful to work with, with a shared passion for delivering quality care.

Cons:

There is often a lack of communication between management and staff. Also, there is a tendency by management towards favouritism of some staff over others, based on the personal opinion of management and supervisors. This has lead to a lack of career development for those employees who are not in the clique.
Furthermore, some ARV managers/supervisors tend to take constructive criticism or legitimate grievances as a personal attack. Overall, one's experience would depend on the culture and management of the particular facility in which they worked.

Pros
Higher rate of pay. Ongoing training and developement.
Cons
Lack of communication from the top down. Bias shown by management towards some employees.
Productive and enjoyable day at work
Carer (Former Employee) –  Sydney2 July 2015
Very important to have supportive management.Work as a team and have a great repoire with staff and residents.most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in someones life.
Pros
being in a job that you love.
Cons
not finding a parking spot
Bad management
Carer (Former Employee) –  Winston hills28 May 2015
being a ex employee staff are great but manger is all about money couldn't careless about needs of staff or residents. There is a lack of support and lack of communication. If you do get a job with Arv your best way is to stick to yourself.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
management
Used to be better.
Respite Carer (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW12 December 2014
I used to love working here but the new format is making both carers and clients unhappy.
At first we had our regular clients who were happy to see the same carers each visit as the carers were pleased to see them.
Now, many clients and carers are not happy being sent everywhere to different clients all the time.
The other carers are all very nice and caring but not nearly as happy about losing their regular clients.
Listed above are the most difficult areas to cope with in the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the rapport and joy I develop from the relationship I have with my clients.
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Being changed around to different clients and housework.
Competent collegues to work with
Carer (Current Employee) –  Castle Hill, NSW29 July 2014
It is a physically demanding job.
You learn to be patient and to listen to others.
Very demanding but also rewarding
Carer (Current Employee) –  Forestville20 November 2012
Working at ARV is very demanding when I am working it is normal for the nurse not to be working as my shift is afternoon and the nurse would leave at 3pm. so I would have to look after sixteen residents and also take care of what instuctions that the nurse has left for me to do. The residents are normally very nice and understanding but at times they would often request for me to do something for them which can be a range of different requests but most times they require it sooner rather than waiting till you have time so balancing what needs to be done first and keeping all happy can be a challege but I feel that I do it well and I get positive feedback often.
Pros
learning
Cons
yes extra hours and no help