Anglican Retirement Villages Employee Reviews

Very demanding but also rewarding
Carer (Current Employee) –  Forestville20 November 2012
Working at ARV is very demanding when I am working it is normal for the nurse not to be working as my shift is afternoon and the nurse would leave at 3pm. so I would have to look after sixteen residents and also take care of what instuctions that the nurse has left for me to do. The residents are normally very nice and understanding but at times they would often request for me to do something for them which can be a range of different requests but most times they require it sooner rather than waiting till you have time so balancing what needs to be done first and keeping all happy can be a challege but I feel that I do it well and I get positive feedback often.
Pros
learning
Cons
yes extra hours and no help
Great work place and excellent flexibility of hours.
Community Aged Care Worker. (Current Employee) –  Illawarra.20 August 2012
Outstanding organisation to work for. Very understanding staff and co-ordinators who understand the importance of family life as well as work related matters. The clients I have worked over time have been all wonderful, some difficult, some behavioural challenges, however with all the excellent training and ongoing educational classes this in turn has enabled me to understand certain challenges I may face. The rewards are great, as I know I make an impact into assisting those that no longer have the ability to do those things that we all take for granted. Knowing I have assisted someone in a day and made them smile or have a chuckle is the most rewarding for me.
Pros
great co-ordinators and work well with co-workers and team members.
Cons
nil
Under confidentiality can not discuss
Qualified Gardener / Maintenance Person (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 April 2012
Due to a confidentiality clause I am not at liberty to discuss.