Anglicare SA Employee Reviews

Nice to work alone
Community Aged care worker (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth East SA7 June 2017
Job ok, working with elderly nice, you get to meet lovely people, take them shopping sometimes or help with meal preparations etc.
Hours can be unpredictable and may get a lot of cancellations which mean you don't get paid for those hours lost
Pros
Meeting lovely people
Cons
Hours are up and down
temporary assignent
Diary management for CFO (Former Employee) –  Hindmarsh SA5 June 2017
Although only there for a temporary assignment, was made to feel very welcome. Fellow assistants were helpful and supportive given length of time there. Seemed to be a godo place to work.
Pros
adaptable working and friendly staff
Cons
only a temp role
Caring and understanding
Enrolled Endorsed Nurse Student (Former Employee) –  Dutton SA18 March 2017
Anglicare is one of the most caring, understanding companies I have had a pleasure to work in. Everyone is willing to help when you require and is always happy to help you learn at any moment in time.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Breaks can be cut short
Productive, nice people, fun
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA6 October 2016
Productive but a bit challenging. I have learned that If you work as a team you achieve a lot of good things than working alone. The people at Anglicare are so nice especially my team, they treat everyone with respect and support one another when in need. the hardest part of my internship was finding the zones, policy and desired characters for the housing site analysis. And the most enjoyable part of the is having free food and sacks.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
long hours sometimes
Volunteer Work
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA7 September 2016
I volunteered in the food room at anglicare. My duties included helping clients select their food items as per the allowances given to them by the interviewers, accepting donations and maintaining stock in the storage rooms.
Pros
A very friendly environment to work in
A fulfilling place to work
Youth Mentor (Y180) (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA29 May 2016
Great opportunities to salary sacrifice and other benefits to make up for lower salary.
A fulfilling place to work with great coworkers
Pros
Great community work
Cons
Low pay
supportive and fun place to work
Manager Youth Learning and Development (Former Employee) –  South Australia30 March 2016
Consistent, informed, fun to be at work. Great learning environment with lots of flexibility to be creative. Management were always open to ideas and co-workers were supportive and willing to share information and help out when needed.
Pros
flexibility
Good co workers
Permanent Part Time (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth SA8 February 2016
good clean working environment great Co Workers was happy working up till recently. Now is time for a change of scenery.
Anglicare was a good place to work until recently
community support worker mental health (Current Employee) –  Holden Hill S.A25 April 2015
My typical day at work was to go out into the community and help people with high complex needs, this can include taking to case conferences, case management, Guardianship board meetings.
Doing daily routines, harm minimization,
Pros
I enjoyed working in the community
Cons
It has become a very toxic work place over the last 3 months
productive, fun workplace
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, S.A.2 February 2015
a typical day would begin by sorting out the new arrival stuff and getting rid of anything that was gross or ripped. then you would go through all of the plate and dishware and see what was good to keep and what wasnt.

Want to know more about Anglicare SA?

Ask a question
great place to work at great friendly workers
Personal care worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth East1 October 2014
great place to work many different cultures whom come together as great friends and work mates.
Pros
close to home and fairly flexible hours
Cons
some of the employees
dedication and determination
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Holden Hill, SA30 September 2014
A typical day at work was basically getting into work around 8am then once our Keyworkers allocated clients to us we would then call each client that we had for the day (up to 4 clients per day) and arrange with them what time we would or should come. We would then check the diary to see of any appointments with them and such. Grab their medication and money/cheques if we were taking them shopping. Typically we would be out for most of the day.

I learned alot working with Exceptional Needs and it was slightly different to my last job at The Salvation Army as in this job I was a Community Support Worker where I was out there in the Community every day including weekends. Where as my job role in Salvation Army was more Case Management so I was for the most part in the office. So being around these clients day in day out for the day, I was always learning new things.

Management and my co workers were all dedicated and caring people. It was a real pleasure working with each and every one of them as they all brought something different so I was always learning new things from them as well. If i had a query of some sort, there was always someone to help me out. I loved going to work.

The hardest part of this job was when we were in a scary situation with clients that suffered with poor mental health. This was hard because no matter how much you wanted to help them and let them know that we were there to help, they just couldnt see it. At times we were abused and many threats made towards us but i really appreciated our "no retreat" policy because no matter what we always
  more... went back, which at most times made them realize that we really did care. It was very difficult to see them suffering with such bad mental health and feeling helpless.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when we would be involved in success stories. It may just be someone didnt go to gaol or another person got to visit their children or someone moving into their new home. It was a pleasure to be involved in and being there supporting them in that moment of happiness for them. To know that you made someone laugh or smile was a good enough reason for me to get out of bed and go to work knowing that there was every possibility that that would happen again.
Productive and inviting place to work
Personal Carer (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth South Australia10 July 2013
Anglicare isa wonderful company to work for. The management team are helpful, co workers are pleasant and an overall nice environment to work in.
Great employer with values driven agenda
Manager, Strategy and Research (Current Employee) –  Adelaide, SA12 September 2012
Largest NFP in the state and great place to work! Values driven company serving the SA community for 150 years. Focused on client satisfaction and innovative service delivery.