ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews

NT operations
Corporate Relationship Manager NT (Former Employee) –  NT7 September 2017
Challenging role given the GFC and turnover of key staff in the Darwin ANZ office.
Additionally dealing with remote credit operations (Melbourne) and reporting to Brisbane office proved to test abilities in communication and comprehensive detail to facilitate operations in line with differing customer requirements.
Role developed accross many skill sets.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Acid banking culture
Great place with good career advancments
Business Specialist, Business Banking Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA6 September 2017
Busy
Realistic KPI expectations
Great management personnell who can help you achive what you desire in your career goals
Helpful senior staff who can and are willing to assist you on daily basis
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Lacking behind in technology
Good Worklife balance
Designer/Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 September 2017
Good Worklife balance.
Good Learning
Good banking domain experience.
Implementing banking development through Microservice development
Have mentored the development team of size 6
Great Place to work with great staff on board..Had fun activity to enhance morale
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithgow22 August 2017
I loved working for this company at the time I was a branch manager. As a branch manager i empowered to lead and grow the business through the development of new opportunities in our local community. My role involved people management, financial accountability, relationship management and exceptional customer service.Everyday is different depending on our Rosters eg. Friday is the end of the week we have a staff meeting where everyone brought to the table how their week went and what they achieved during the week. If they met their targets, we would celebrate and if they did not meet the targets we worked on how to meet them and helped to overcome any challenges and to exceed expectations.I have learnt that every staff member had different strengths and weaknesses. Our culture was to living the Values helped to achieve better business outcome. The hardest part of the job was:- The People (Staff) Educating them was not easy but the best part of my job was helping my staff to be better at their jobs by training and working with them and building better relationships with them plus building relationships with our customers which are the most valuable and important people in our jobs..One of the best part of my job was meeting all different types of customers which makes my job interesting and how i managed to assist them every time they needed help..
At the end of the day i was expected to support my team to deliver a great customer service...
Pros
Having Roster Days Off
Cons
Working long hours.
productive and fun place to work in ANZ
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Centre NSW21 August 2017
A typical day can be very hectic handling a high volume of both walk-in customers, drive-thru customers, and telephone customers. Some of the transactions I process on a daily basis include deposits and withdrawals from accounts (including cashing checks), loan payments, safe deposit box payments, and others.As a bank teller is I enjoyed plenty of face-to-face interaction with bank customers. The hardest part is the end of the day with a final count of the cash drawer, final reporting requirements and approval from the bank teller supervisor. Work culture is friendly as well as stressful. People get touchy about their money. Be prepared to take on stressed, excited, angry and nervous people with calm confidence.
Pros
flexible
Stable and Growing
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 August 2017
Fantastic company to work with. Good work life balance and compensation and benefits. The job culture is great and so are the people. Lots of opportunity to grow.
Awesome place to work
Sr Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 August 2017
Learning. Great opportunity to learn about business, from the
Also, because standards are so high, excellence becomes part of your professional DNA. Working with likeminded smart FUN people. Training was best in class. Work was super interesting and most of the time, valuable to the clients.
Pros
Great location - Melbourne city, flexible timings, professional culture
Cons
hardest part is to get changes in quickly
Too many reorganisations
Senior Manager, Network Strategies (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC20 July 2017
While I worked there I had 4 different direct managers and 3 one up managers. They tend to do a re-org every 3-6 month which make people frustrated and a bit lost in the organisation. The tend to view technology as a cost centre and it can be hard to get the different business units to agree on one technology direction.
They pay very well.
Pros
Pay and interesting work
Cons
Constant re-org
fun workplace
Senior Reconciliation Officer (Former Employee) –  100 Queen St Melbourne17 July 2017
I love working with Anz, I had a excellent work relationship with my manager, who listen, respect and advice his staff, my team is a multi culture and we have a high work ethics.
Pros
they acknowledge exceptional achievement
Cons
offshoring works overseas
An average call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington22 June 2017
The pay and benefits are decent, and management is rather supportive. It's an average call centre, with normal facilities, and challenging, but good, customers.
Good company to work for and the main focus for the company is customer based need conversation instead product discussion
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Darlinghurst21 June 2017
Face to Face role mainly customer service and cross sales different products eg (Home and personal loans, credit cards and opening and closing accounts) regular meeting about targets and campaigns. On going training to improve skills in cross sales and have a deep conversation with customer and how to help them. Managing branch and maintaining all compliance as per standard. Management asking many directions from staff and sometime its a bit confusing the directions the managements in terms of service we provide to customers
Pros
On going training
Cons
Long hours and too many directions
Direct Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 June 2017
Very busy and rewarding.
Management in my area were great
Culture is inclusive or everyone and diversity is valued
Mulitasking is required, and high paced environment
Pros
free lunches, events, overtime
Cons
Worked with a dedicated team that managed the storage environment
Storage Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC31 May 2017
The storage environment is complicated and integral to the operations of the organisation. Numerous technologies are in process across the organisation and as a result the challenges are complex and reliance on team members and cross functional knowledge is critical to supporting the environment. The hardest part of the job is to find the person responsible or who is best equipped when breakdowns occur.
Cons
Disaster Recovery exercises are under-staffed as the organisation is very lean in the storage area.
City views and nice environmental working conditions.
Fulfillment Officer / Settlements Officer NSW (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW26 May 2017
Receiving in-calls for mortgage settlements and discharging paid out mortgages. Calculations of payout figures. Getting new business to the bank and offering new products who are wanting to leave the bank because they may be looking for lower interest rates.
Pros
City views
Anz
Contract Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 May 2017
I found the ANZ to have a great culture, the way they work is makes it a great place to work. The people I found to be honest and down to earth. The management are great and have a wonderful open door policy.
Average big bank
SENIOR FINANCIAL PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC17 May 2017
Typical bank, all about profit not so much culture of staff. Very ordinary management skills , and limited product availability/ choice . No great place to work
Pros
allowed me to do what i enjoy
Cons
typical big bank
Rewarding
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Dubbo NSW10 May 2017
Rewarding and engaging, always room to grow and excel. I have been given many opportunities and it's in my best interest to keep investing in my career, which is my overall goal plan.
Fun work
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 May 2017
Great working place, all staff are friendly and helpful, will help in anything. Decent pay with ok bonus, high working pressures. Office policy changes all the time.
Productive workplace with helpful staff
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Merimbula NSW, Australia30 April 2017
I was able to gain beneficial knowledge and experience through working at ANZ. Working in a smaller branch at times made it difficult to reach certain targets--however, the training that ANZ offers you--helps tremendously in being able to confidently thrive at your job. Anyone who works hard and is dedicated would find ANZ to be a great place to work.
Good Employer
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC19 April 2017
Moving most IT jobs to India.
Places a lot of emphasis on Vendors and 3rd Parties
Requirements gathering capacity very immature
Communication within And between Groups needs improvement
Pros
Liberal work from home policy
Cons
Culture lacked Accountability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANZ Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.