ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews

Too many reorganisations
Senior Manager, Network Strategies (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC20 July 2017
While I worked there I had 4 different direct managers and 3 one up managers. They tend to do a re-org every 3-6 month which make people frustrated and a bit lost in the organisation. The tend to view technology as a cost centre and it can be hard to get the different business units to agree on one technology direction.
They pay very well.
Pros
Pay and interesting work
Cons
Constant re-org
Good company to work for and the main focus for the company is customer based need conversation instead product discussion
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Darlinghurst21 June 2017
Face to Face role mainly customer service and cross sales different products eg (Home and personal loans, credit cards and opening and closing accounts) regular meeting about targets and campaigns. On going training to improve skills in cross sales and have a deep conversation with customer and how to help them. Managing branch and maintaining all compliance as per standard. Management asking many directions from staff and sometime its a bit confusing the directions the managements in terms of service we provide to customers
Pros
On going training
Cons
Long hours and too many directions
Direct Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 June 2017
Very busy and rewarding.
Management in my area were great
Culture is inclusive or everyone and diversity is valued
Mulitasking is required, and high paced environment
Pros
free lunches, events, overtime
Cons
Worked with a dedicated team that managed the storage environment
Storage Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC31 May 2017
The storage environment is complicated and integral to the operations of the organisation. Numerous technologies are in process across the organisation and as a result the challenges are complex and reliance on team members and cross functional knowledge is critical to supporting the environment. The hardest part of the job is to find the person responsible or who is best equipped when breakdowns occur.
Cons
Disaster Recovery exercises are under-staffed as the organisation is very lean in the storage area.
City views and nice environmental working conditions.
Fulfillment Officer / Settlements Officer NSW (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW26 May 2017
Receiving in-calls for mortgage settlements and discharging paid out mortgages. Calculations of payout figures. Getting new business to the bank and offering new products who are wanting to leave the bank because they may be looking for lower interest rates.
Pros
City views
Anz
Contract Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 May 2017
I found the ANZ to have a great culture, the way they work is makes it a great place to work. The people I found to be honest and down to earth. The management are great and have a wonderful open door policy.
Average big bank
SENIOR FINANCIAL PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC17 May 2017
Typical bank, all about profit not so much culture of staff. Very ordinary management skills , and limited product availability/ choice . No great place to work
Pros
allowed me to do what i enjoy
Cons
typical big bank
Rewarding
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Dubbo NSW10 May 2017
Rewarding and engaging, always room to grow and excel. I have been given many opportunities and it's in my best interest to keep investing in my career, which is my overall goal plan.
Fun work
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 May 2017
Great working place, all staff are friendly and helpful, will help in anything. Decent pay with ok bonus, high working pressures. Office policy changes all the time.
Productive workplace with helpful staff
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Merimbula NSW, Australia30 April 2017
I was able to gain beneficial knowledge and experience through working at ANZ. Working in a smaller branch at times made it difficult to reach certain targets--however, the training that ANZ offers you--helps tremendously in being able to confidently thrive at your job. Anyone who works hard and is dedicated would find ANZ to be a great place to work.
Good Employer
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC19 April 2017
Moving most IT jobs to India.
Places a lot of emphasis on Vendors and 3rd Parties
Requirements gathering capacity very immature
Communication within And between Groups needs improvement
Pros
Liberal work from home policy
Cons
Culture lacked Accountability
fun place to work
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Strawberry Hills NSW18 April 2017
all good working there, nice atmosphere. not stable job. people did not stay long. people were fired on a daily basis, people quit every day. pay was not great
Pros
n/a
Cons
pay
Okay
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Penrith NSW11 April 2017
Sales is a very large aspect of this job. At my branch, they expected me to work 40 hour weeks constantly regardless of being employed as a part time employee. Not a lot of work/life balance. Good paying job and can be tricky at first but easy to get the hang of. Can get very busy and sometimes customers can get aggressive.
Pros
good paying job
Cons
no work/life balance
Work Group
Mortgage Originator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA11 April 2017
The working group was great. Good fun and very professional.
I learnt allot from the experience employees as they were also very willing to help out on any problems that had turned up.
Pros
Reliable workers
Cons
The coffee wasn't to good
Great company to work for
Business Banking Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC8 April 2017
Opportunities to work in different roles and build your work experiences, able to build your networks within the bank, flexible working arrangements possible
A great company with lovely employees and great work culture.
COLLECTIONS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 April 2017
Busy environment, working on the phone to recover outstanding debt. The computer program is rather complex and training is for a full month. It was challenging and I truly enjoyed every minute of it.
I loved the atmosphere as I was surrounded by like minded people as myself; who were enthusiastic, high achievers, friendly and warm. I learned a lot about time management and pushing myself to exceed daily target limits, which became really fun. Staying really focused was very important but on lunch breaks we had great facilities we could use such as a play room a relax room or the beautiful balcony areas they have at ANZ for everyone to enjoy mingle have a laugh, get to know each other and reset.
Pros
facilities to unwind
Cons
travel
Overall great place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 March 2017
Results driven organisation. Good work life balance. Understanding managers. However, there is a lot beauracracy that can make delivering a project very difficult
Pros
Good work life balance. Understanding managers
Cons
Beauracracy
Branch in Melbourne Australia serving all our customers
Bank Clerk (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, AUstralia28 March 2017
After being intervied cared on with my banking career and climed up the salary scale before being made redundant with the introduction of vcomputers. returned to the UK
Large company with opportunity
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 March 2017
Large company with opportunity to move around and learn new things. Culture varies depending on where you work as with most large companies, but generally very flexible.
Pros
Large company with opportunity to move around and learn new things.
Cons
Large company
Good career to climb the ranks
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Kalamunda WA23 March 2017
Managing 6 staff members and working alongside the branch manager to create business and motivate the team.
Mortgage appointments and general customer and account enquiries on a daily basis.
Customer calling to generate numbers and proactivity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANZ Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval