ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews

fun and enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA6 November 2017
I worked in the Anz in a small country Town. I really enjoyed the interaction with the Clients and the work itself. I had another job so this was just parttime.
Friendly Team oriented workplace
Operator/Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mt Waverley VIC18 October 2017
Rotating shift rosters - 4 weeks on one week off. Challenging position in IT. A very challenging and rewarding job where process has to be followed, and you were encouraged to participate in improving all process'.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
too political
ANZ - Expect to work unpaid overtime - lots of it.
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 October 2017
Sadly I can't recommend ANZ as a place to work.

Typically your work day will be 12-14 hours, despite only being paid for 8 hours. There is an underlying culture which expects you to work the overtime, yet rarely will you be rewarded for it.
They claim a "give and take" work/life balance, but they don't tell you that you will do all the giving, and they will do all the taking.
For the wage you get, you would be far better off working in the public sector.

Training is poor at best. The only training you receive is from fellow staff members on the frontline who are already overworked. There is no formal training program.

Computer systems are antiquated and processes are worse. Despite them having internal computer systems for reporting, Management never use them and insist on wasting half your day getting the information for them manually. Expect to spend MOST of your day doing internal reporting which has nothing to do with the customer.

Expect to have internal meetings. Meetings, Meetings, and more Meetings. The bank is top heavy with management and they all want their chunk of your day. In a Relationship Management role expect to have a meeting on Monday to say what your week will involve, a meeting on Wednesday to discuss how it is progressing, and another meeting on Friday to discuss how it went. Management clearly have too much time on their hands and think having meetings justifies their existence. They forget that time you spend with them is time you are not spending with the customer.

Management find the truth difficult. If they tell you something, make
  more... sure you get it in writing. They will rarely honour any verbal commitments they give.  less
Pros
The day you leave the Bank
Cons
Lots of unpaid overtime, poor Management culture, poor training structure
Transformation anyone?
Leadership (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC6 October 2017
Revolutionary bold moves, preparing and propelling the company forward into the VUCA world. They realise the need for speed in staying ahead of the change curve in anticipating customer needs and wants through digitisation.

Ongoing transformation has become the organisational flu.

Generally a great people culture.

Limited focus on tapping into people potential, empowerment and providing genuine up skilling reaching beyond individual business units, resulting in losses of great talent by the week.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long hours, high pressure
Latest technologies and great work life balance
Systems Support Operator (Former Employee) –  Mt Waverley VIC5 October 2017
My time at ANZ was productive, challenging and most enjoyable. I gained a multitude of skills in technical procedures, customer and stakeholder liasion that I find very valuable in my ongoing career development and future goals.
All about me
Personal Banker & Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rockingham WA, Baldivis, Warnbro, Mandurah, Falcon29 September 2017
Best part of my day is helping people and seeing happy people mostly.
I always go above and beyond helping people. It's in my nature and I just can't help it.
I teach horse riding in my spare time and just love it. Watching peoples faces in the lesson and after with achievement faces is a fantastic thrill for me.
being positive to me in my life is also very important.
Pros
Getting to help people with their finances
Cons
Grumpy people but I do turn them into positive people with good service
I love security job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 September 2017
I am honest person and hard worker I learn from security job to protect people; company; company property mentain company rule and regulations and my aim is be a good employee in this company
Pros
Lunch
Cons
12 hours
Nice Branch small and friendly
RAMS Home Loans Loans Processing Officer (Former Employee) –  Narellan NSW26 September 2017
I enjoyed my overall experience at this branch I did not enjoy after hours meetings and being called in on my days off because another colleague called in sick numerous times
Cons
overtime and called in on my days off
Great company to work for, always learning, lots of training
Team Leader - Melbourne Airport FX (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC17 September 2017
Working with the company for almost three decades enjoyed every minute learning, development skills and lots more.
Great people to work with motivated, driven and lots more.
Pros
Free training courses
NT operations
Corporate Relationship Manager NT (Former Employee) –  NT7 September 2017
Challenging role given the GFC and turnover of key staff in the Darwin ANZ office.
Additionally dealing with remote credit operations (Melbourne) and reporting to Brisbane office proved to test abilities in communication and comprehensive detail to facilitate operations in line with differing customer requirements.
Role developed accross many skill sets.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Acid banking culture
Great place with good career advancments
Business Specialist, Business Banking Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA6 September 2017
Busy
Realistic KPI expectations
Great management personnell who can help you achive what you desire in your career goals
Helpful senior staff who can and are willing to assist you on daily basis
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Lacking behind in technology
Good Worklife balance
Designer/Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 September 2017
Good Worklife balance.
Good Learning
Good banking domain experience.
Implementing banking development through Microservice development
Have mentored the development team of size 6
Great Place to work with great staff on board..Had fun activity to enhance morale
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithgow22 August 2017
I loved working for this company at the time I was a branch manager. As a branch manager i empowered to lead and grow the business through the development of new opportunities in our local community. My role involved people management, financial accountability, relationship management and exceptional customer service.Everyday is different depending on our Rosters eg. Friday is the end of the week we have a staff meeting where everyone brought to the table how their week went and what they achieved during the week. If they met their targets, we would celebrate and if they did not meet the targets we worked on how to meet them and helped to overcome any challenges and to exceed expectations.I have learnt that every staff member had different strengths and weaknesses. Our culture was to living the Values helped to achieve better business outcome. The hardest part of the job was:- The People (Staff) Educating them was not easy but the best part of my job was helping my staff to be better at their jobs by training and working with them and building better relationships with them plus building relationships with our customers which are the most valuable and important people in our jobs..One of the best part of my job was meeting all different types of customers which makes my job interesting and how i managed to assist them every time they needed help..
At the end of the day i was expected to support my team to deliver a great customer service...
Pros
Having Roster Days Off
Cons
Working long hours.
productive and fun place to work in ANZ
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Centre NSW21 August 2017
A typical day can be very hectic handling a high volume of both walk-in customers, drive-thru customers, and telephone customers. Some of the transactions I process on a daily basis include deposits and withdrawals from accounts (including cashing checks), loan payments, safe deposit box payments, and others.As a bank teller is I enjoyed plenty of face-to-face interaction with bank customers. The hardest part is the end of the day with a final count of the cash drawer, final reporting requirements and approval from the bank teller supervisor. Work culture is friendly as well as stressful. People get touchy about their money. Be prepared to take on stressed, excited, angry and nervous people with calm confidence.
Pros
flexible
Stable and Growing
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 August 2017
Fantastic company to work with. Good work life balance and compensation and benefits. The job culture is great and so are the people. Lots of opportunity to grow.
Awesome place to work
Sr Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 August 2017
Learning. Great opportunity to learn about business, from the
Also, because standards are so high, excellence becomes part of your professional DNA. Working with likeminded smart FUN people. Training was best in class. Work was super interesting and most of the time, valuable to the clients.
Pros
Great location - Melbourne city, flexible timings, professional culture
Cons
hardest part is to get changes in quickly
Too many reorganisations
Senior Manager, Network Strategies (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC20 July 2017
While I worked there I had 4 different direct managers and 3 one up managers. They tend to do a re-org every 3-6 month which make people frustrated and a bit lost in the organisation. The tend to view technology as a cost centre and it can be hard to get the different business units to agree on one technology direction.
They pay very well.
Pros
Pay and interesting work
Cons
Constant re-org
fun workplace
Senior Reconciliation Officer (Former Employee) –  100 Queen St Melbourne17 July 2017
I love working with Anz, I had a excellent work relationship with my manager, who listen, respect and advice his staff, my team is a multi culture and we have a high work ethics.
Pros
they acknowledge exceptional achievement
Cons
offshoring works overseas
Good company to work for and the main focus for the company is customer based need conversation instead product discussion
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Darlinghurst21 June 2017
Face to Face role mainly customer service and cross sales different products eg (Home and personal loans, credit cards and opening and closing accounts) regular meeting about targets and campaigns. On going training to improve skills in cross sales and have a deep conversation with customer and how to help them. Managing branch and maintaining all compliance as per standard. Management asking many directions from staff and sometime its a bit confusing the directions the managements in terms of service we provide to customers
Pros
On going training
Cons
Long hours and too many directions
Direct Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 June 2017
Very busy and rewarding.
Management in my area were great
Culture is inclusive or everyone and diversity is valued
Mulitasking is required, and high paced environment
Pros
free lunches, events, overtime
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANZ Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.