ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews

Onboarding of new staff needs much improvement
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Traralgon VIC3 January 2018
A typical day at work was always out of control. So many meetings, fixated on targets, poor communication between branches/head office/IT. A very chaotic work environment. Upper management not prepared to listen and take on new ideas/suggestions. The people I worked with were mainly very nice and helpful, but not so much management. The hardest part of the job was getting your head around all the many (many) and varied systems used in the workplace and the lack of training/coaching in this area to support you. Plus systems always seemed to be going off line when needed most.
Pros
Salary was above expectations.
Cons
Long hours - regularly working back late.
Very enjoyable and happy place to work in
Teller (Former Employee) –  Perth WA2 January 2018
Serving customers to the best of my ability and anticipating their needs and adding any extras I thought they may need. Learned team work, foreign currency and financials.
good company
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC2 January 2018
values its people good team culture has a lot of support when dealing with the employees and lot of resources on hand when required and also management is very supportive as well
Pros
great team culture
Cons
low wages
Great place to work.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD19 December 2017
I enjoyed working for ANZ it was a great place to work and I learn't a lot through training and help from my managers. I did receive bonuses for targets met.
Pros
Great working conditions.
Cons
Many changes to situtions with proceedures and updating information
Great work place
personal banker (Current Employee) –  Chinchilla QLD18 December 2017
Fantastic company to work for. Very fair workplace. Great for people who wish to have movement in their role. Lots of training and support. Very fair pay for the work preformed.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
None really
Customer Service
Senior Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD18 December 2017
This is not really applicable as I have not worked at the ANZ for some time and could not comment on the employer due to the length of time since I worked there
Pros
Unknown
Cons
Unknown
A great company to work for but a current feeling of insecurity
Platform Architect (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 December 2017
A great company to work for but a current feeling of insecurity due to the "New Ways of Working" initiative - which means restructuring for 400+ managers
Business fundamentals and culture poor
Senior Manager, Customer Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Docklands VIC22 November 2017
GOOD
- Reasonable salary/bonus & offices
- Working hours generally not crazy
BAD
- Management largely disappearing due to change to agile working model, however remaining senior management/executive uninspiring and unavailable. No mentoring, no charisma, no inspiration. Most things happen in somewhat clandestine manner.
- Many issues with internal technology & facilities which make every day a chore.
- Culture is insular and not conducive to change - difficult to make connections as an outsider.
- People are largely incapable of effecting necessary large scale change due to embedded culture and personality types - very little communication with anyone other than long term ANZers/close friend groups
- Ineffective or unclear division of duties across some silos and somewhat inconsistent organisational structure to other Big-4 banks
- Dominance of ultra-conservative legal team is hard to deal with.
Friendly staff member with diversity culture
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Belconnen ACT21 November 2017
Friendly staff member with diversity culture.
Great learning journey and supportive team but you will learn more from the job.
Sales Driven KPI focus
Pressure on achieving Target
Every day you learn something new at the bank.
Full Time Trainee/Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Tamworth NSW8 November 2017
Unfortunately ANZ cannot offer me a full time position when my traineeship is up. I've learned a lot of things within the banking industry and would like to stay on as a Teller although there are no positions vacant for me here also. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers with their everyday banking needs and knowing that you've helped them achieve their goals wether it's opening up their first bank account or approving a personal loan for them.
Pros
Staff are great to work with.
Cons
As a trainee the wages
fun and enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA6 November 2017
I worked in the Anz in a small country Town. I really enjoyed the interaction with the Clients and the work itself. I had another job so this was just parttime.
Friendly Team oriented workplace
Operator/Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mt Waverley VIC18 October 2017
Rotating shift rosters - 4 weeks on one week off. Challenging position in IT. A very challenging and rewarding job where process has to be followed, and you were encouraged to participate in improving all process'.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
too political
ANZ - Expect to work unpaid overtime - lots of it.
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 October 2017
Sadly I can't recommend ANZ as a place to work.

Typically your work day will be 12-14 hours, despite only being paid for 8 hours. There is an underlying culture which expects you to work the overtime, yet rarely will you be rewarded for it.
They claim a "give and take" work/life balance, but they don't tell you that you will do all the giving, and they will do all the taking.
For the wage you get, you would be far better off working in the public sector.

Training is poor at best. The only training you receive is from fellow staff members on the frontline who are already overworked. There is no formal training program.

Computer systems are antiquated and processes are worse. Despite them having internal computer systems for reporting, Management never use them and insist on wasting half your day getting the information for them manually. Expect to spend MOST of your day doing internal reporting which has nothing to do with the customer.

Expect to have internal meetings. Meetings, Meetings, and more Meetings. The bank is top heavy with management and they all want their chunk of your day. In a Relationship Management role expect to have a meeting on Monday to say what your week will involve, a meeting on Wednesday to discuss how it is progressing, and another meeting on Friday to discuss how it went. Management clearly have too much time on their hands and think having meetings justifies their existence. They forget that time you spend with them is time you are not spending with the customer.

Management find the truth difficult. If they tell you something, make
  more... sure you get it in writing. They will rarely honour any verbal commitments they give.  less
Pros
The day you leave the Bank
Cons
Lots of unpaid overtime, poor Management culture, poor training structure
Transformation anyone?
Leadership (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC6 October 2017
Revolutionary bold moves, preparing and propelling the company forward into the VUCA world. They realise the need for speed in staying ahead of the change curve in anticipating customer needs and wants through digitisation.

Ongoing transformation has become the organisational flu.

Generally a great people culture.

Limited focus on tapping into people potential, empowerment and providing genuine up skilling reaching beyond individual business units, resulting in losses of great talent by the week.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long hours, high pressure
Latest technologies and great work life balance
Systems Support Operator (Former Employee) –  Mt Waverley VIC5 October 2017
My time at ANZ was productive, challenging and most enjoyable. I gained a multitude of skills in technical procedures, customer and stakeholder liasion that I find very valuable in my ongoing career development and future goals.
All about me
Personal Banker & Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rockingham WA, Baldivis, Warnbro, Mandurah, Falcon29 September 2017
Best part of my day is helping people and seeing happy people mostly.
I always go above and beyond helping people. It's in my nature and I just can't help it.
I teach horse riding in my spare time and just love it. Watching peoples faces in the lesson and after with achievement faces is a fantastic thrill for me.
being positive to me in my life is also very important.
Pros
Getting to help people with their finances
Cons
Grumpy people but I do turn them into positive people with good service
I love security job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 September 2017
I am honest person and hard worker I learn from security job to protect people; company; company property mentain company rule and regulations and my aim is be a good employee in this company
Pros
Lunch
Cons
12 hours
Nice Branch small and friendly
RAMS Home Loans Loans Processing Officer (Former Employee) –  Narellan NSW26 September 2017
I enjoyed my overall experience at this branch I did not enjoy after hours meetings and being called in on my days off because another colleague called in sick numerous times
Cons
overtime and called in on my days off
Great company to work for, always learning, lots of training
Team Leader - Melbourne Airport FX (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC17 September 2017
Working with the company for almost three decades enjoyed every minute learning, development skills and lots more.
Great people to work with motivated, driven and lots more.
Pros
Free training courses
NT operations
Corporate Relationship Manager NT (Former Employee) –  NT7 September 2017
Challenging role given the GFC and turnover of key staff in the Darwin ANZ office.
Additionally dealing with remote credit operations (Melbourne) and reporting to Brisbane office proved to test abilities in communication and comprehensive detail to facilitate operations in line with differing customer requirements.
Role developed accross many skill sets.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Acid banking culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANZ Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.