Aspen Medical Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Defence force medical centre
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Williamtown14 June 2017
Was interesting at first but soon became monotonous
Poor management
Was trained in vaccinations and audio
Staff was good but too much politics
Left as we moved
Pros
Hours
Cons
No penaltys
Stuck in the 50s
Manager (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT4 June 2017
Misogynistic and nepotistic! These are the two main words that sum up the experience unfortunately. Whilst my team were great, the culture and environment leave a lot to be desired. Essentially, if you are a strong woman you will be shot down. If you are a cranky and inappropriate silver haired (or bald) male, you'll be celebrated for your ability to tear down the strong females. You'll also survive if you are related to, married to or friends with members of the Exec. You'll also survive if you like to work to a military culture.
It truly is a shame. Aspen does do great work on the ground, but therein lies the disconnect between the branding, and the reality. "Wherever we're needed" - this essentially translates to "we'll send you to a warzone in Iraq and pay you peanuts, but tell you it's a good experience/good for your CV, all the while we'll ensure our shareholders' returns are maximised by cutting corners where we can".
Buyer beware. The company has experienced a significant drain of people over the past 12 months due to the above issues. The people who are left are miserable and morale is low.
Pros
Great team around me
Cons
Management who have no idea what they are doing
Self Importance
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Remote QLD12 January 2016
A typical day ,starts at 5am with a quick shower before stopping off at the dining room for breakfast , grab a quick lunch then off to the Clinic .
After my 12 hour day , I return back to my room another quick shower then off to the dinning room for dinner , then into bed.
I repeat this process for 14 days, return home for 14 days .
I find camp culture to warm and friendly, Some days you do feel alone and isolated , but with fellow workers support we get through the day with a laugh and a smile .
Hardest part of the job, is being away from family and friends and missing significant events at times .
I think the most important part of the job , is that you learn something new everyday , and just listening to other peoples life stories is always enjoyable .
Pros
Great support from work collegues
Cons
Long hours & being away from home for 14 days
Excellent travel opportunities for top performers
Registrations Officer (Former Employee) –  Australia26 January 2015
My typical day would start with approaching various people and building a quick rapport with them, by identifying wether they would be interested in the product I had.
I would then take registrations and begin to achieve my KPI's.
I was constantly approaching people and would achieve my KPI's with ease.
Pros
Free Travel and all expenses paid for
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, and regional Victoria22 December 2014
Work entailed extensive travel to all parts of Victoria. It gave me an insight to the lifestyles, and culture of those living in regional areas. Management was very generous with the perks extended to travelling staff, and perhaps this had a negative impact on the budget for the promotion of the program, causing the Company to back out of the program. I enjoyed every bit of my tenure with the Company. The supervisors and co-workers were a great bunch. Interaction with staff, and the public to whom the program was targeted was interesting and fun.
Pros
Food, travel and accomodation provided when working outside Melbourne.
Cons
None that I could think of