Australia Post Employee Reviews

Strenuous work standed
Postman Telegram service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA11 January 2018
Exhausting and very stressful.
Meeting and helping people.
Workplace culture very poor.
Delivering mail during very hot day.
Helping and guiding people
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Welshpool WA9 January 2018
Nice friendly people they get the job done. I hate the early starts and sorting the parcels. Sometimes I can finish early sometimes not, and weekend work at Christmas.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Don't injure yourself, you'll be hated.
Postman (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 January 2018
Upper management needs educating! I may sound like a sook, but after 44 years of dedicated service, having work related injuries of the shoulder, neck, lower back and foot, I thought it was better to leave my job than to file another claim for arthritis in my thumb. Both management and peers make fun of you when you're injured. Belittling you with the term of "rehab". I tried to keep a happy face and thought I was well liked, however, after 44yrs of giving, I didn't even receive a farewell card.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
The weather
Stable place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 January 2018
Hardest part of job - constant change, repetitive work life
What I learnt - how to take charge of a difficult phone call, how to manage difficult customers and deal with difficult calls
9 January 2018

Hi there, thanks for sharing your experience, it’s really useful for those who are looking to work with us in the future. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Australia Post!

Good Work Place
Courier (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 January 2018
Work was good on a dily basis. It was a Monday to Friday work and it was good. I started early in the morning aroud 4am and finished at 5 sometimes 6.
9 January 2018

Hi! We’re glad you enjoyed your time at Australia Post! Thanks for reaching out to us and sharing your experience.

Productive and fun working environment
Retail Officer (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA2 January 2018
working in the post office kept myself very busy everyday , serving customers, handling money , learning to balance the till , sorting out mail on daily basis
9 January 2018

Hey! We’re glad to hear you loved working with us. It’s true, working in the Post Office can be fast-paced at times, but it’s worth it when you’re surrounded by great people!

productive, fast paste working, fun work place
Night Sorter (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC2 January 2018
a very productive and fun workplace. the organisation culture was amazing. the most enjoyable part about working at the company is the freedom and flexibility they give you to make mistake and learned.
Challenging and Rewarding
Postal Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Maclean NSW11 December 2017
I spent quite a while working for Australia Post and it was also an inclusive environment, we were at times challenged but we had the opportunity to learn and grow with the company.
Worst job i have ever had in 30 years!
Box sorter (Former Employee) –  Eastland Shopping Centre VIC7 December 2017
Started box sorting and had no help except a bossy manager who couldn"t be bothered to train at all! The culture is a very old fashioned and not inclusive and behind the times. The job would be ok if people followed up with you when you start, they just leave you on day one and expect you know how to scan ,sort, express mail from day one without help. So glad I left, and they dont care..
Pros
Cons
As above
Senior management are all about covering their backsides
Middle manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 December 2017
It doesn't pay to be honest & work for Post. It will destroy your health. When injuries are reported there's a cover up. If you try & speak out you are quickly put in your place. Unions run the place. If you're not in the union that's ok but management are corporate thugs. They lie for a living to cover their own backsides. If the public knew what goes on in there you'd be horrified. It's dog eat dog in HQ. Do not work here if you value integrity. Do not work here!
Cons
It seemed to have a good work environment
Typist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 November 2017
Worked to the best of my ability. The hours were flexible as in all government offices. They bought me a new electric typewriter and I also did typing for a few people like resumes.
22 November 2017

Hey! We're really happy to hear you enjoyed your time at Australia Post and the work environment here. Thanks for reaching out to us and sharing your experience!

good comaraderie
Postal Delivery Officer (Former Employee) –  Mornington VIC20 November 2017
Management did not treat employees well at all.

extreme pressure to perform at unrealistic time frames.

bullied and treated unfairly - union were involved in ongoing dispute.
finally I was able to obtain a wonderful job elsewhere and I could put the ordeal behind me.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great support and abundant opportunities to grow.
Consumer Back Office Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC12 November 2017
Great team atmosphere and support for reaching quotas and KPIs for each department and division.

I learnt a lot about time management and working cohesively in a team to reach our targets.
14 November 2017

Hey there, It’s really important to us for you to feel supported by others in our workplace, so we’re really glad to hear you loved the team atmosphere here at Post. We’re really proud of it ourselves, Thanks for sharing with us!

Productive place to work
Senior SAP BASIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 November 2017
Excellent workplace, latest technology and people with precise knowledge about the business.

They do have the latest technologies implemented in order to deliver a better service to their customer.

Well establish infrastructure to give support 24/7
Pros
People and work environment
Cons
Some processes should be improved
21 November 2017

Hi there! Thanks for sharing- it's really helpful for those who are looking to work with us in the future. We're really glad to hear you loved the work environment here at Australia Post, we take great pride in it ourselves!

I hope you like early hours...
Subcontracted Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Thomastown DC12 November 2017
The hours weren't great but the people were fantastic to work with. All working together to get the job done. If anyone was struggling, they just spoke up and people would come in and help.
Customer feedback and driver of the month meetings helped make us workers feel appreciated.
The early mornings take some getting used to, and the sorting period can get a bit tense especially if 2 suburbs have the same post code.
The supervisors are friendly and really just want to make sure that the jobs being done right.
Pros
get to take the van home, coworkers are friendly, become a more confident driver, good sense of teamwork
Cons
long hours, early starts 4:00am, some days didn't make much money
15 November 2017

Hey! We’re glad to hear the people here at Post made your experience a good one! We take pride in assuring Post is a rewarding workplace- so it’s great to hear you felt appreciated. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

nice to place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Upper Beaconsfield VIC3 November 2017
beautiful environment to work with, hardly have nay pressure due to having good customers and good team leaders. learnt good customer service skills ..
15 November 2017

Hey! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We’re really happy to hear that you loved the work environment as it’s something we take great pride in here at Post!

Large Company
Postal Sorting Officer (Former Employee) –  Crestmead QLD1 November 2017
Very busy every day. Varied positions within company. Team players. Training is provided. Need to be reasonably fit heavy work. Great pay and benefits.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours, heavy work.
15 November 2017

Hey there. Thanks for giving your feedback – its super helpful for other people seeking roles with us. You’re right, some of our roles require repeated lifting of up to 16 kg’s, but it’s all made easier when you work around awesome people.

Very productive worplace with opportunities to advance.
Business Development Sales Dept (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 October 2017
Office. Follow up activity from previous day.
Make any phone calls or send emails prior to leaving
Attend three to five interviews/appointments per day.
Negotiate special rates for bulk and advertising mail, parcel post contracts. Liase with various people within an organisation. Financial controllers, to organise and distribute goods. Warehouse managers,mailroom staff .
I learned a lot about sales expertise and negotiation skills from the excellent programs in place for A.Post Staff,
Presentation skills, how to interact and support work colleagues. Workplace culture was productive,fun and a joy to go to work. Hardest part of job, but enjoyable, constant learning and upgrading of skills.
The most enjoyable, the people Iworked with and those that I met along the way in my day to day activity.
Pros
Rewards and bonuses for targets met. Great managers and colleagues
Cons
Long hours, a fair bit of travelling.
15 November 2017

Hi, thanks for sharing! We're glad you enjoyed some of our great programs on offer and the workplace culture- it’s what we’re most proud of too!

made friends
Video coding (Former Employee) –  Strathfield NSW27 October 2017
working as a video coder at this company could have felt a little like a robot, just going there get the job done and leave, if it wasn't for the people I met, fellow colleages. That was the best part of that job.
Pros
socializing
Cons
Exausting
15 November 2017

Hey- thanks for sharing your feedback. We agree that the people are what make Post a special place, albeit the work isn’t for everyone. Thank you for the time you did spend with us and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours!

Transforming
Head of Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 October 2017
Very large organisation transforming from physical to digital, challenging work environment, can be slow to react to market trends, it invests in his people.
Pros
investment in people development
Cons
long hours and travel
15 November 2017

Hi there. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and future candidates. It does, in fact, seem like we’re growing each day – but it’s certainly the people that make this place special.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australia Post. Our community is ready to answer.