Australia Post Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Senior SAP BASIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 November 2017
Excellent workplace, latest technology and people with precise knowledge about the business.

They do have the latest technologies implemented in order to deliver a better service to their customer.

Well establish infrastructure to give support 24/7
Pros
People and work environment
Cons
Some processes should be improved
I hope you like early hours...
Subcontracted Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Thomastown DC12 November 2017
The hours weren't great but the people were fantastic to work with. All working together to get the job done. If anyone was struggling, they just spoke up and people would come in and help.
Customer feedback and driver of the month meetings helped make us workers feel appreciated.
The early mornings take some getting used to, and the sorting period can get a bit tense especially if 2 suburbs have the same post code.
The supervisors are friendly and really just want to make sure that the jobs being done right.
Pros
get to take the van home, coworkers are friendly, become a more confident driver, good sense of teamwork
Cons
long hours, early starts 4:00am, some days didn't make much money
15 November 2017

Hey! We’re glad to hear the people here at Post made your experience a good one! We take pride in assuring Post is a rewarding workplace- so it’s great to hear you felt appreciated. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

nice to place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Upper Beaconsfield VIC3 November 2017
beautiful environment to work with, hardly have nay pressure due to having good customers and good team leaders. learnt good customer service skills ..
15 November 2017

Hey! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We’re really happy to hear that you loved the work environment as it’s something we take great pride in here at Post!

Large Company
Postal Sorting Officer (Former Employee) –  Crestmead QLD1 November 2017
Very busy every day. Varied positions within company. Team players. Training is provided. Need to be reasonably fit heavy work. Great pay and benefits.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours, heavy work.
15 November 2017

Hey there. Thanks for giving your feedback – its super helpful for other people seeking roles with us. You’re right, some of our roles require repeated lifting of up to 16 kg’s, but it’s all made easier when you work around awesome people.

Very productive worplace with opportunities to advance.
Business Development Sales Dept (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 October 2017
Office. Follow up activity from previous day.
Make any phone calls or send emails prior to leaving
Attend three to five interviews/appointments per day.
Negotiate special rates for bulk and advertising mail, parcel post contracts. Liase with various people within an organisation. Financial controllers, to organise and distribute goods. Warehouse managers,mailroom staff .
I learned a lot about sales expertise and negotiation skills from the excellent programs in place for A.Post Staff,
Presentation skills, how to interact and support work colleagues. Workplace culture was productive,fun and a joy to go to work. Hardest part of job, but enjoyable, constant learning and upgrading of skills.
The most enjoyable, the people Iworked with and those that I met along the way in my day to day activity.
Pros
Rewards and bonuses for targets met. Great managers and colleagues
Cons
Long hours, a fair bit of travelling.
15 November 2017

Hi, thanks for sharing! We're glad you enjoyed some of our great programs on offer and the workplace culture- it’s what we’re most proud of too!

made friends
Video coding (Former Employee) –  Strathfield NSW27 October 2017
working as a video coder at this company could have felt a little like a robot, just going there get the job done and leave, if it wasn't for the people I met, fellow colleages. That was the best part of that job.
Pros
socializing
Cons
Exausting
15 November 2017

Hey- thanks for sharing your feedback. We agree that the people are what make Post a special place, albeit the work isn’t for everyone. Thank you for the time you did spend with us and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours!

Transforming
Head of Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 October 2017
Very large organisation transforming from physical to digital, challenging work environment, can be slow to react to market trends, it invests in his people.
Pros
investment in people development
Cons
long hours and travel
15 November 2017

Hi there. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and future candidates. It does, in fact, seem like we’re growing each day – but it’s certainly the people that make this place special.

Work overload...Under the pump all the time
Postal Delivery Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 October 2017
Too much work with a ordinary hourly rate. Always under staffed. Staff turn over is now an issue as they like to recruit part timers but want them to work full time with overtime. People apply thinking it’s a perfect role to do if they have kids as it is advertised as a 10am-2pm role. This is not the case.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Stressful
fun team work
Acting Team Leader / Postal Delivery Officer (Current Employee) –  Epping VIC21 October 2017
!% years is a long time,need a challenge and change.Great people to work with,management looks after me in return i look after them.i have a good rapport with everyone in the network.
Pros
long hours work too hard
Cons
great people
Great culture,
Manager (Former Employee) –  Moss Vale NSW20 October 2017
Fun place to work,

Right mix of staff, senior managers visit and give feedback to staff.

Training all staff to keep up with changes happening.

Would recommend working there.
Corporate Company
Postal Manager Grade 3 (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 October 2017
This company was the best to work for up until around 7 years ago, the culture was very employee focused, great pay and entitlements.
Work life balance
Various positions (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC14 October 2017
Getting the mail handling equipment serviced and ready for the day.
How to work in teams and autonomously .
Management were good .
Workplace culture was good .
Used to be fun
Postal Delivery Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 October 2017
Bullying harassment are the norm. If you have an accident you are sent to an AP doctor. They usually say your injuries are degenerative. I was bullied by Work cover. I was told i looked like a pedophile and nearly ran down by a person on a forklift. The p400 i filled in dissapeared. I am still feeling sick from this experience and I am still thinking about legal action on this.
Pros
Good oay
Cons
Bad behavior overlooked by management
Welcoming friendly environment.
Customer service Advisor Money Order Centre (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 October 2017
Very flexible and welcoming company to be part of.
Easy to pick up on job requirement as training was very good.
Would be happy to continue employment int his environment
fun place to work
Postal Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 October 2017
typical night shift .....12am -8am
Sorting mail and weighing and heavy lifting
4am - 10am
Sorting mail and filing
Hard to start was learning the area codes ......
Pros
Good hours
Cons
always different start times
Fast paced working envionment
Mail Sorter Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Clayton South VIC5 October 2017
Working within a team to ensure all deadlines are met within the day. Excellent workplace culture and management. I learnt how to operate
all different types of machinery.
good management and comfortable working environment
Factory Hand (Former Employee) –  Underwood QLD3 October 2017
great pay and good amount of hours every week. just wanted to be back in my hospitality genre again as its what i enjoy the most and have the most experience in.
Excellent work enviroment.
Welding Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dandenong VIC20 September 2017
A typical day for myself is the challenge of the job, I learn by experience and listening to others and can get along with all management cultures. The hardest part of my job is leaving at night and feeling as if I had not done enough, the most enjoyable part of my job is also leaving at night knowing I have completed all I was tasked to do.
Pros
Satisfaction of doing the job.
Cons
Leaving the job knowing I have completed all tasks.
Good Job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sunshine VIC17 September 2017
Was a good easy job, too bad after my contract was up they wanted to keep us casuals on but drop our pay considerably which i couldn`t afford to stay working there on such a low rate.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
pay
Loved it..
Postal Delivery Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC16 September 2017
It's a good place to work and people are friendly. I love to work early part of the morning. The hardest part of the job is facing to a annoying customers.