Australian National University Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Trainee Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Canberra City ACT25 October 2017
I really enjoyed the Australian National University because thats where i started off my work life in Business Administration and i hope to go back to working there someday
Doctoral Scholar (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT25 April 2017
Whilst there are highly regarded academics at ANU, there is a significant proportion who lack human resource and management skills, such that micromanagement or lack of effective oversight manifests.
Pros
Australia's highest rated universty
Cons
variation in management practices across schools and colleges
Rewarding and fun environment with lots of people interactions
Peer Assisted Mentor (Former Employee) –  Hancock West Library27 February 2017
My work incorporated working in a small team of mentors to create an hour class to assist student learning. I learnt how to work in a small group as well as how to manage and motivate big groups of students. I was challenged to manage my time well, balancing work, university studies and social life. The hardest part of this job was thinking of new ways to keep students engaged in studying. When we were able to keep students engaged, this gave me a rewarding experience of seeing smiling faces around the class.
Some great people and projects
Project Officer- Education (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT8 January 2017
Interesting work, some great academics, students and fellow administrators. Excellent training opportunities and 17% super. What's not to love? A typical day- arrive at work early with coffee- check emails and plan the day. Usually an interesting challenge or two to solve . A wonderful working experience
Pros
great people and projects
Cons
some not-so-great people
Hervorragend
Forschungsassistent (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT13 September 2016
Die Arbeit war kurz (2 Monate) und auf eine konkrete Aufgabe hin angelegt.

Die Kollegen kannte ich schon von den Zeiten während meiner Promotion. Ich habe mich mit allen gut verstanden.
The jobs are sound and although salaries are low in comparison to public services jobs the hours are less and the superannuation is good
PR & Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Acton ACT10 July 2016
Working for a university, is rather a choice based on the type of environment universities can offer. The university environment in general is energetic, challenging and invigorating.

Although salaries are low and jobs are generally heavy on the administration side of things it can be a rewarding experience helping and contributing to the future of our younger generations.

Education and hard work ethics are the key to success.
Pros
8 hours per day with one hour lunch Monday to Friday
Cons
Not much room for advancement and progression career wise
A great place for people who really think
Senior Elearning Designer (Current Employee) –  Canberra, ACT4 January 2016
My work is diverse and I enjoy collaboration with clever innovators. The organisation provides an exceptional level of academic freedom, and attracts researchers who make a difference.
Pros
High value on research excellence and impact. Courteous work culture.
Cons
Strategic challenges which are common across the Australian higher education sector.
Multicultural and exciting
Library Technician and Circulation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canberra, ACT12 April 2015
Fulfilled my desire to serve people and work with books. Any educational facility is fun to work for and ANU no exception
Pros
exciting
Cons
decimated staff
scientific atmosphere
Volunteer Research Assistant (Australia) (Current Employee) –  Engineering school4 April 2015
it is productive and is a learning and scientific atmosphere. I work in lab. my supervisor is a kind and supportive. as far as I am responsible for new student, I can say my co-worker are the new students
Part time work
Learning Management Systems Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT20 January 2015
This was a real good place to work .I was only casual contract here.
Supportive, friendly working environment. Stimulating and informative discussion groups.
PhD social science research (Current Employee) –  Canberra, ACT24 January 2014
Great working place and friendly staff.
Casual Tutor (Former Employee) –  Canberra9 November 2013
Teaching students and learning together with them are the most rewarding part of the job.
Worked in the garden Dept
Gardener (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT Australia18 July 2012
This is the same Job tha I reviewed in the ADECCO review a wonderful place to work but it was part time and no benefits .
Pros
wonderful place to work
Cons
no benefits