Australian Red Cross Employee Reviews

A place to be at
volunteering (Current Employee) –  Blackwood SA14 September 2017
It's a place where I meet different people with kind hearts, It's a place where I love to be at and the training and guidence is extra ordinary.
Red Cross Australia will always be a good start for my future here in Australia .
fun to work
Retail sales volunteers (Former Employee) –  Cleveland QLD7 August 2017
it was excellent experience and being volunteers very good for us.
learn about organize the product and customer services.

good companion and staff was working in a team.
Pros
snacks
Cons
8 hours a day 5 days a week
Productive and Flexible Work Place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD1 August 2017
I have had the privilege to work with families at risk of becoming homeless for a multitude of complex issues and have had the tenacity to think outside the square to support them through their journey to long term housing stability while working through the many barriers some face with sustaining their tenancies. I have also had the opportunity to collaborate with a rang other other service providers while supporting families with complex issues including support them to not only maintain their housing but keep their family together by not having their children enter into statutory care of Children Services.
Pros
Networking while being feed
Cons
Good work life balance
Wonderful people
Police Callouts Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA17 July 2017
The Red Cross are very flexible with their volunteers and the team are friendly are are willing to offer an ear to listen and a helping hand Wonderful community.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Logistics Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 July 2017
Really enjoyed the autonomy of this role and the scope to suggest improvements that improve efficiency. It was a real shame that this role was discontinued due to organisational restructuring
Pros
autonomy
Cons
Only a volunteer role
Very satisfying Job
EEN (Current Employee) –  Orange NSW8 June 2017
Working at the blood bank is very rewarding & gives great satisfaction knowing what u do each day is contributing to saving so many lives.
Hours are long & sometimes mentally draining but its nice to know that most people that come to see you in the blood bank actually want to be there & are hopefully healthy & well.
Pros
Great Job, good colleagues, amazing donors, rewarding.
Cons
Long Hours, Odd Hours, Late Nights, Overnights.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowen Hills QLD7 June 2017
Learned so much during this time. Certainly went outside my safety zone for this one. Hardest part of job was actually securing employment for people with a disability
Pros
Making a difference to the lives of people living with a disability
Cons
Stress, long hours
Fun, harmonious and productive workplace
Human Resources Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Milton QLD26 May 2017
I enjoyed my time working at the Australian Red Cross. I really loved the requirements and tasks associated within the roles I acquired within the organisation. Also I have come to highly respect and admire the people I was privileged to call my colleagues. I have even count a couple as friends.

The Australian Red Cross is truly dedicated to servicing the needs of the community whether through the Blood Bank, assisting communities devastated by natural disasters or providing employment services to the unemployed.
Pros
Challenging and rewarding work, friendly colleagues, close to public transport
Cons
All the previous employer I'd like to work the most is with AEC and Autism West Centre.
VOLUNTEER ADMINISTRATION AND TELECROSS (Former Employee) –  Western Australia25 May 2017
I have work the full time casual as Admins/polling assistant, scrutiny on ballot paper in computer at AEC federal election 2016 which is very much enjoyed, learned lots and also would l like to work with Autism West centre too, however, have learned basic on Admins Assistant and customer service in the front desk, although I think that everyone has a different idea. At Autism has a good workplace culture and from different backgrounds too.
Young and fun atmosphere with cool incentives
Door Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 May 2017
Group of young people like myself that would partake in door to door sales on behalf of the Red Cross Australia.
Very fun environment with nice incentives and cool things happening during the week after work eg. Crew nights and Friday night fun
Pros
Fun Environment/Atmosphere
Cons
Commission based
Fun People
First Aid facilitator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 May 2017
I enjoyed my time as a first aid facilitator at the Red Cross College. I worked with some great people and have met some great people in my training.
Rewards were receiving several call backs thanking me for the training and the people who had to use the training in real life circumstances.
Pros
People interaction
Cons
pay
Fantastic Organization to work with in all aspects except for career progress.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Andrews house. Sydney2 May 2017
The most multicultural, multidisciplinary, inclusive, progressive. social justice oriented, impartial, human rights focused, etc...etc Organization.

Meeting people from all over the world particularly young academic and intellectuals people for around the planet.The Red Cross looks after employees work and life balance, provides external clinical supervision. Their top leadership is approachable by any one, the hierarchic system is not arrogant, they reach out to you!

It was a privilege for me to work with this organization, I learned a lot and shared a lot of what I know too.

I would go back there for the right money and the right role!!!
Pros
Flexible employment. plenty of training.
Cons
Very narrow room for carreer development, progres and/or promotion.
volunteer
Shop Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland QLD24 March 2017
great job - nice people, only can volunteer - unfortunately have to take a break to let my injuries settle some as it may not be the appropriate kind of work for me :-(
Pros
great hierarchy
Cons
heavy work when you have back/shoulder injuries
voluntary work
Volunteer (Event Support) (Former Employee) –  Greenslopes QLD11 March 2017
not much thing to learn more. easy work. working as a volunteer not much thing really help much in regards to our purpose of getting paid work experance.
Pros
communication with people
Cons
no reward or any appriciation
Fun place to work
VOLUNTEER RETAIL STORE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT6 March 2017
Customer service, visual merchandise, operating the till and eftpos
Saying hello and asking about a customer's day goes a long way
fun and upbeat work
Pros
Fun environment
productive and fun with occasional team get togethers
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Perth WA16 February 2017
Ensuring repairs were done
Friends Families
Best Job yet
Program Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Southport QLD14 February 2017
The staff and management were fantastic. The job was easily understood and what wasnt, was explained effectively.

The organisation prided itself of staff satisfaction which was evident in the treatment we received.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
minimal funding
Red Cross is a great organisation
Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Mildura VIC17 January 2017
Volunteering at Red Cross was a rewarding experience and taught me to value everything I have. The company has instilled a sense of compassion and mercy in me and for that I am grateful to it.
Pros
Free biscuits
productive and enjoyable
Clothing Sorter (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 December 2016
A typical day at volunteering at Red Cross was

Organizing clothes and miscellaneous items into boxes for packaging and distribution to the retail stores.
• Efficiently and accurately checking items
•Distinguishing between different clothing brands
•Labeling boxes and carrying boxes onto pallets.
•Sorting clothing from different category's

I learnt that simple actions can have a big impact. A lot of people throw out clothes and that some people need .
My co-workers and manger were good people and fun to volunteer with.

The most enjoyable part of job was finishing a clothing box and tapping it up.
Pros
Gain experience working with others, learning about the workplace, and seeing firsthand how a non-profit operates.
Supportive and Growth organisation
Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia16 December 2016
Working with the Australian Red Cross gave me an unique experience working with refugees in resettlement. The overall management were very well informed in both Government and privet sectors as to the approach in handling this sensitive area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3