Australian Unity Employee Reviews

Good job for retirees
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Northern Rivers NSW2 October 2017
Love my clients the hours would suit someone whose kids have left home and you've paid off your mortgage etc. Like a play job or something to keep you getting out of bed. You would love this job if you have good time management skills, empathy, integrity, good work ethics and you enjoy being of service to others. You will be working alone so you need to be a responsible person. Older ladies are generally better at this job due to more experience in life having kids etc.
Pros
The clients and working by yourself
Cons
Never enough work poor management the list goes on and on!!
Personal care
Carer (Former Employee) –  Bankstown NSW9 August 2017
I loved the worked that I did at Australian unity working with age care and disability i have leaarnt a lot working with the short time I worked for them the hours was not good and the wage could be better
Pros
nil
Cons
hours
Dietitian (Former Employee) –  South Melbourne VIC8 August 2017
highly recommended working at Australian Unity. Great work life balance, career advancement opportunities and good management. offers discount to health insurance
Losing positive direction
Careworker (Former Employee) –  Northern NSW3 July 2017
I've enjoyed meeting new clients and striving to make a positive influence in people's lives.

However, that's where the positives finish.

Local service delivery diminished by remote management (Management from Outside local areas).

Not enough hours and jobs too far away (Poorly coordinated)

The company needs to forget about remotely managing jobs from outside local areas and get back to local management. Statewide 13 numbers are not the answer.

If the company were to go back to a more local management model then I believe their service satisfaction would be better from everyone involved !

Let the many local offices manage again !

Staff and clients alike will benefit from a better more local service delivery
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Can think of many incl ones already outlined below
What my position involves
Home Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Maitland NSW12 June 2017
one on one client bases, (sometimes a buddy system is in place depending on level of care) where i provide quality companion services to the client. I offer transportation service to support the client with shopping, appointments and for any other services that may be required.

Travelling between clients which requires time and travel management skills as well as providing different services including personal care services or social support services etc.

Clients needs vary as well as level of care.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others achieve their goals and reach the clients full potential. Increasing the self confidence as well as self esteem including giving others something to look forward to.
Pros
being in an industry in which i love being in
Cons
not consistent hours
Friendly People and great team enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  114 Albert Road South Melbouren28 May 2017
I would not work there again as there was little help from Magement when things went wrong. I felt out on a limb on many occations and there was not reason givenas to whu support was not available
Pros
happy atmosphere
Cons
poor floor support
bad workplace
Allocations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 April 2017
It is only good if you are looking for a junior role.
Extremely stressful environment.
The management is horrible. They are unorganised, racist and always promise you things would never happen.
They always set up underground promotion and did not advertise the roles in public.
Staff turnover rate is really high.
No rewards for hard work.
The benefits they offer that no one would be interested in
Pros
Nice/ new office
Cons
racist, poor management
would be a good place to work
PCW (Current Employee) –  Ballarat VIC12 April 2017
The clients are good, good training provided. Unnecessary split shifts for workers e.g 7:30am start to 8:30pm finish to work 3.5 hrs. Days are to long
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Split shifts
Strange place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Melbourne VIC4 April 2017
I worked there around 3 years and its was just constant juggling. There is no leadership or professionalism. The culture of the company is really strange and weird.
Cons
have a great meeting shair experience
Aged Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 April 2017
I learn a lot about my job. thank everyone for gave me good oppertuity and an experience.

have a great times with my clients. they are so kind to me. teams work fantastic. My supervisor always support me and fixed the problems when thing go wrong or uncontrol
Pros
i can manage my times with work and family
Cons
thing go wrong uncontrol
community carer
Home Care Worker- Community Service- Permanent (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 April 2017
I enjoyed working to help people with there everyday needs, co workers are loverly people. Annoying driving around Sydney and not getting paid for it. Had to chase up my pay as they didn't pay me right many of times.
Pros
helping people
Cons
not getting paid right and driving
Disorganised, don't seem to know what they're doing
Home Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Rural NSW17 March 2017
Ghastly, stingy company who's always blowing their own trumpet and blaming the staff and clients for problems. Far too many last minute changes to rosters - upsetting clients and staff. Pays and bills constantly wrong - and rarely fixed. Can't see any future improvement as they move towards enterprise agreements.
Pros
No other local work to compete with
Cons
too many to list
Not a bad place to work
Sales Consultant, Inbound/Outbound and 2IC (Former Employee) –  South Melbourne VIC8 March 2017
No career progression at all
Culture is good
Mostly mature minded people
Management is ok dependent on who your manager is
Commissions are good
They offer loads of incentives
Pros
Lots of incentives
Cons
No career progression
I am there to help.
Domestic home care worker (Current Employee) –  Moruya through to narooma7 March 2017
I am out helping good people. Management could be a bit closer. We are there to help. Being informed of changes. How pleased the client is to see us..
exciting
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Port Macquarie NSW23 February 2017
Australian Unity is all for the client, a great place to work. Ideal for those who like to be on the road & love working with people
Rosters always change
Care worker (Current Employee) –  Hunter Valley NSW3 February 2017
Rosters not accurate, always change
Breaks of engagements ridiculous
24 hr help line goes to message bank
Service co ordinators go home at 4.30
Pays inaccurate
Clients unhappy because bills inaccurate
Stressful
Feel like management don't care about care workers
Pros
Might get better
Cons
Rosters done very badly
Fun workplace
Home Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 January 2017
Low hours given.
Not being informed with any changes
Cancellation of travelling time.
Asking many times to work on your day/s off
Going in and out of home
Long distance travelling.
Cons
Too much break in betweens
Productive and fun team work.
AIN (Current Employee) –  Liverpool NSW6 December 2016
Productive and fun working with the team. Learnt a lot about different culture and beliefs. The hardest part of my job is when the client does not understand English and we have to communicate with body language. Most enjoyable part of my job is when the client is happy with our job and leave with a smile on their face.
Needs a huge improvement
Carer (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW26 October 2016
I've only been with the company a few months. One of the biggest negative issues with the company is COMMUNICATION.
It's practically non-existent.
The 3 months I've been there I've had no care plans for the clients - it's learn as you go.
You are ill-informed important information; ie; code to a clients house key-locker to get access to the clientbto do the service if they're unable to get to the door.
Most cases clients aren't kept in the loop of their own services and may expect you on a day and you don't show up be Aus even the office hasn't rostered you to them. (This is common).
Staff will give feedback and information on clients and the office doesn't update that information on their profile or rosters.
Clients and staff in most cases cannot get through on the phone to the office.
Management turn off their phones after 4:30pm so staff have no one to call for assistance.
Rosters are frequently incorrect (overlapping shifts for 2 clients on different locations at the same time)
On some occasions you are expected to drive like a lunatic to get to a job 20kms away in 10 minutes during school closure times, -
The list goes on.
Pros
Decent pay, at clients house work is usually easy and rewarding, broaden your skils
Cons
Long days (mostly driving and half the shifts), broken communication, bad mapping structure for roster distances
Data entry processing work
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  South Melbourne VIC18 July 2016
Only process data entry on select accounts. Learn the skill of financial program processing so will gain extra knowledge in financial products.
Pros
Learn new skill in commerce and finance
Cons
Can be tedious at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Unity. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8