Bank of Queensland Employee Reviews

banking roles
Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 April 2017
although this employment was quite some time ago , my time their was informative and enjoyable. The only reason I left was to start a family and concentrate of raising them.
Staff great but held back with slow computer systems and proceedures.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Charlestown NSW22 February 2017
A typical day would consist of delivering superior customer service within a shopping centre environment and increasing the branch book by sales targets.
Cons
Long Hours, Compliance requirments in an open plan environment within a shopping centre, I.T systems slow, Limited support
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 February 2017
I have never felt so under valued as an employee in my whole working career which has spanned over 20 years.This has contributed to my low self esteem and lack of motivation to lead a normal life.I left BOQ and am slowly regaining my confidence.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Starting work
great team to work for
customer service consultant (Former Employee) –  Mount Waverley VIC14 February 2017
Fun place to work with great teamwork. All branches help one another. Learning new systems was a challenge for me however it was really user friendly
Pros
salary
Cons
no set time to leave
fun workplace
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Newstead9 January 2017
management are clear with expectations - you are not micro managed.

you are given your work tasks and you are responsible and trusted by management that you complete your tasks on a day-to-day basis

love working here great work and life balance
Pros
surrounding bars and restaraunts
Cons
far commute to work
Attached Resume
Executive Assistant to CEO (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 December 2016
Fantastic Company, wonderful caring people, great career advantages Great CEO who talks to everyone on every level and is accessible at all times. The company cares for its staff.
Great job, great team, great time
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD8 November 2016
Every day coming into work was enjoyable. Everyone in the team got along, and the boss was a great leader, who was able to direct the team in the direction she wanted, yet was also able to be someone nice enough to talk to.

As the top teller, being cash custodian meant that I needed to ensure the ATM was fully functional, as well as stocking it when it was needed. I was also in charge of making sure that the branches balance wasn't too high, or too low.

The hardest part of the job, was the sales aspects, however, changing my mindset from 'selling a product,' to 'helping meet customer's needs' helped in that area.

The most enjoyable part of the job was everything else. The team was great, management was great, the timetable was great.
Pros
Great atmosphere to work in
Cons
The branch closing down
Very supportive manager
Manager's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast, Australia12 November 2015
Great team, initiative to work on your own, yet always had someone to help if needed.
Praised when achieving goals
Team functions when goals are met or exceeded
Pros
great team
Cons
worked later on fridays
Workplace Environment
Senior Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 November 2015
Enjoyable team environment and every day was different, however looking for a new challenging workplace with fun, easy-going people.
Pros
Great people, location and facilities
Cons
Stressful due to short staffing and long hours
Excellent work culture
Customer Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District, QLD3 August 2015
Great place to work,fun, flexilble central location. Great Team spirit. Due to restructure I have been made reduntant.
Typical day at work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Parramatta, NSW28 July 2015
A typical day at work would be to set up cash for the day,balance ATM,serve customers and any office filing.Upselling and cross selling the banks products
Pros
Staff recognition
Cons
Need to train staff properly, not just riely on a persons previous experience from previous employment with difffernt systems
great company to work for, fun work place
CUSTOMER SERVICER SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA22 July 2015
Experience gained has given me strength and ability to work as an individual and as a team player. I have acquired exceptional practical experiences, which have nurtured me to be proactive, highly self-motivated and with appreciation for success.
The work culture is great and the management is excellent with professional service .
Productive and fun wokplace
Loans Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC2 July 2015
handwork with a perfect environment
I learnt Banking system
perfect management system
lovely people to work with
serving too many customers a day
Great work atmosphere
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Rockingham27 April 2015
A typical day was meeting our customers, having a catch up and then assisting with their banking needs. It was a very enjoyable environment to work in.
Pros
Work hours
Small and growing Bank
SENIOR MANAGER, BUSINESS CREDIT, NSW & ACT (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 March 2015
Small Bank with growth aspirations.
Small team with flat structure.
Good exposure to senior management and executive team.
Pros
Ability to be effective via direct access and decision making.
Cons
Limited career progression in Sydney office.
Great team work
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  QLD22 October 2014
Work with great co workers , all have the cando attitude, have learnt lots of new programs , different way of opening business accounts .
Its a great working environment, with all staff get along and help each other in everyday duties
Cons
1 hour lunch break
Job satisfaction and ability to help customers on a daily basis
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Rouse Hill21 April 2014
Great place to work, but unfortunately ceasing its facility.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
It gave me a great working and social experience.
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Loganholme, QLD16 April 2014
Very unstable management. There was no chance to get promoted or go to a different department (head office) unless I had a family member working there. It is just one corrupted bank. Every day started by reading about Financial Services Guide, and procedures, insurances and ended the same way - every day. There was hardly any reward. Just when we were very close to reach a monthly branch goals, the management would change it and made it impossible for us to meet the targets.
Pros
I worked in a great team.
Cons
unstability of the management.
Boq
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Maleny, QLD7 October 2013
To whom it may concern,
Work with BOQ branch in Maleny for 3months, Did not suite me in anyway shape or form.
Pros
Good People to work with
Cons
Stressful
Customer Service Call Centre
Call Centre Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth5 September 2013
Bank Of Queensland was an excellent company to work for. We had set targets to meet each month. If we achieved our individual targets we were rewarded each month with a bonus. Each shift we were required to provide an example of excellent customer service. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was self satisfaction knowing that I helped them by either by giving general information or solving more complex problems according to each individuals circumstance. Eg - lost visa card overseas. Bank Of Queensland taught me that each customer is important no matter what their circumstances are. We had a family friendly environment and management was very easy to approach. I don't believe there was a hard part of the job. I believe this as we were given proper training to perform the job.
Pros
Weekend work and extra shifts available, staff discounts, family orientated