Baptist Care Employee Reviews

Opportunity to create new services in Mt Gambier and Murray Bridge
Area Manager, Limestone Coast and Murray Mallee (Former Employee) –  Mount Gambier SA8 November 2017
A typical day is managing staff, attending meetings, etc

Felt unsupported by higher management team

On call continually

Hardest part continual travel and nights away from home

Most enjoyable watching young people progress and move into independent living
Pros
Living in the community where I worked
Very happy working
Ongoing support
Large organisation
Superb Team Work @ Placement
Youth Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wayville SA9 October 2017
I love working with them as a Pastor, because of their Christian view but I really want to face the community by working for any other organisation with a general view.
Pros
Free Support @ floor Workers
Cons
N/a
Short-term, not long-term
Care worker (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSW8 August 2017
Worked in the company close to eight months now. Started off well with the management and rostering and office being helpful. Sadly, as I got to know clients, many confided me the Macquarie Park office is a sham. Lies have been surfacing, actual client compassion and care are fabricational and services paid by the clients are not top priority by the rostering team.
I was enforced to do a particular role at a premise I hadn't signed up for. With much invitation I was taken off it eventually but penalised as I went against management wishes. Since then my shifts have been affected. The dishonesty however, is unforgivable.
I had a regular client for shopping, service was fortnightly and in the morning. Office rostered the service to the client in the afternoon (against client wishes), client calls me to see if I can assist in sorting that out. Tried to get hold of rostering regarding it for eight hours with no response. Received message at 6:30am by rostering informing client had cancelled service for the day. Second client into my shift, client calls me to see if I was doing the service that day. When mentioned of the message I received from the office, the client said they had never contacted the client. In short, office cancelled service without informing the client.
One of many underhanded, expweriences I have come across. Resigning first presentable opportunity for a more honest and rewarding company who value their clients.
Pros
Pocket-money, YOU feel satisfied with what YOU can provide, not the company
Cons
You pay for office mistakes, wear and tear on car, long drives little petrol $$, don't let you work in your area, much more cons
rockingham distaster
ex employee (Current Employee) –  Rockingham WA21 June 2017
worst place ever i wouldn't put my worst enemy in this place, food is horrible and the management are terrible no idea of running a home, she thinks she has more degrees than a thermometer, her brown nosers make trouble and bully other staff members, god help these poor newbies that go in there like agency workers, they give them the most difficult and heaviest residents to attend to alone. some staff are really good in this place like the night staff but majority of day staff are just kissing the FMs starfish. do your self a favor and stay away from this place its a dump.
Pros
no pros
Cons
understaffed, bullying beyond believe, old and shabby.
High salary
Registered Nurse (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Kellyville NSW21 June 2017
Offers high salary to employees. I am only working as a casual but regular employees are very nice, ready to help you if you have questions or if you want to learn something.
Pros
high salary, nice employees
Nightmare
Child and Youth Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA15 June 2017
24/7 shift system is handy for life balance, but roster staff sometimes bully you into shifts you can't work or at placements you have bad experiences with. Other times there are zero shifts available so it's difficult to have a longstanding financial commitment like a mortgage. NO opportunity for career advancement or flexibility within the role, and the head office culture is absolutely toxic, arrogant and cliquey. No support for staff, managers impossible to track down, training is lacklustre. Pay rate is dismal for the work, absolutely unfair compensation for being abused on shift almost every day, and no support after any incidents other than a half-assed EAP offer. No supports in place for kids in residential care either, staff are simply a band-aid on the bigger issues Baptist Care ignore.
Pros
CSE/police checks are paid by them.
Cons
Almost everything.
Good job balance
Home and community care service (Current Employee) –  Nowra NSW29 May 2017
Quite great to work with good organisation and secure firm like Baptist Care, great management and good benefits. Also the team members are friendly and good workers.
Pros
Balance life and work
Cons
No offce at local where I work
Easy going work place
Care Services Employee (Former Employee) –  Queanbeyan NSW1 May 2017
It was a great experience working at Baptist Care. It was a very respectful and lovable place to work. Management was helpful with great experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was chatting with old residents serving their last moments of life and sharing their life experiences. The hardest part was when residents leave this world forever and die.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Night shifts
hectic
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rockingham WA4 April 2017
A typical day consists of insuffient time to complete all required tasks, management continue ask increase the workload & recent staff redundancies mean the residents are not afforded time to just chat.
Pros
colleagues & residents
Cons
no positive feed back
Client Friendly
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA27 March 2017
General Administration and Reception Duties. Work with elderly and disabled people and help make a difference in their lifes. The hardest part is when someone passed away.
Pros
Flexibility
Very positive Place to work with great staff
Care Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Bangor NSW1 March 2017
Hard but very enjoyable loved my work colleagues
How too interact with residents
Very approachable .
Very good
Love to interact with residents .
Pros
work hours
Cons
Happy workforce and residents who are happy and keen to be part of a community, although being rural and remote does have its difficulties/
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Brookton WA12 February 2017
Working in a rural/remote area with currently minimal support from corporate services can be difficult, however the on-site workforce is excellent. Being head of a team that manages a facility for another provider has its pluses and negatives especially when it comes to finance. The current uncertainty with the situation has prompted me to investigate other employment options.
I enjoy working with the elderly and am continuously looking for ways to improve my knowledge and skills. Making a difference in a resident and their families life as they enter the last stages is extremely vital to me, and I strive to achieve best results for all concerned.
Amazing experiance
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Forster NSW30 January 2017
I have enjoyed being in these people's lives & have really enjoyed the experience , I'm happy to of helped with everyday living & to of learned of there past & present lives, it's amazing how much the world has changed for them & to be dependant on other people would be the hardest thing on anyone. I was & am happy to of met them & been in there lives to help & support them.
Pros
Helping those that need it.
Cons
Getting attached to residents & they pass away.
good place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockingham WA16 January 2017
as a patient care assistant i helped residents with day to day life. great residents and staff great place to work.

loved working with the residents and helping them with daily tasks
Pros
good staff
Cons
n/a
Enjoyable workplace
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Northern Rivers NSW3 November 2016
Staff were fantastic. Really caring and supportive. Job security was a real issue due to government funding. Built strong relationships with clients and staff.
Pros
Colleagues were great
Cons
Job stability
Enjoyable place to work
Endorsed enrolled nurse (Former Employee) –  Lockyer Valley QLD13 October 2016
Enjoyable place to work, unfortunately management lets it down. Have awesome co staff to work with and help through the hard times and be there to support when needed.
High quality of service
Aged Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW25 August 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed working at Baptist Cares Caloola Centre and as a field worker. Could not of asked for better head coordinators
Pros
Great Career opportunities
Cons
Physical and emotional
Good work Ethic but very damanding work.
Child and Young adult Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Adelaide Metro SA23 May 2016
I have enjoyed working with them out of a school environment to experience challenging work/life balance. And yet I have met my limits too, but reached what i needed to get do. Good and bad happen from children/adults, that I know I can take on board and grow with it.
Pros
Community work available
Cons
Sometimes long and stressful hours
Nice place to work with, good worker, and lovely residents
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queensland18 May 2016
Thinking back about working in Carnity Baptist Care, was a good challenge, I manage to developed my skills communicating with residents. Its a lovely place to work. Good Staff always there to help when you needed it, I have a great Manager very supportive and many ways.Very easy to talk to when it comes to important matters related about work changes.
Pros
bring you own lunch
Cons
there's always extra shifts when i needed to work more hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Care. Our community is ready to answer.