Betts Group Employee Reviews

Disgusting higher management
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Wanneroo WA24 September 2017
The higher management within this company is a disgrace. Manipulating, condescending, and plain rude! Lost many staff because of poor poor management
Productive and fun team
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 April 2017
Loved the fast paced work!
Great team and management to work alongside of!
Great training provided as it was my first retail job.
Easy to get along with other team members from other stores and great interactive work inside our own store
Used to be fantastic now disappointing
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 December 2016
Was always fun, well supported with good product at great price points.
Now wages budget tight, all shifts reduced and a lot of working on own for long shifts without break coverage. Feel lack of care or consideration for staff.
Really sad as was always fantastic now just seem money hungry and uncaring.
Pros
Discount vouchers
Cons
Long shifts on own, limited regard for their staff
Absolutely no regard to staff and management
Store Manager - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 November 2016
A typical day would be expecting high KIP'S in a store full of customers and just you working alone for most of the day. The hardest part of the job was losing highly performing staff members due to wage cuts. The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting the customers.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours and working alone in store hours on end
Fast Paced Positive Environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Geelong VIC9 June 2016
A typical day at work is very busy and productive. There is always tasks to complete and customers to attend to. Through working in customer service I have learnt to think on my feet and make proactive decisions to arrive at the best possible outcomes. Friendly and understanding managers and co-workers make this workplace enjoyable and relaxed which makes coming to work easy. The most difficult part of the job is coming across new situations and trying to handle them in the most appropriate way when under pressure, while still following protocol and understanding all aspects. The most enjoyable part of my work is being able to interact with people and creating a positive experience for customers, making sure they leave the store feeling as though they were cared for and assisted to the best of my ability.
great staff and good company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA8 March 2016
Working at Betts gave me a lot of skills. They encourage development and growth in all fields and the opportunity to progress is great. Most management was great to work with and staff are vibrant and fantastic.
Pros
Breing able to grow and develop
Cons
pay
High fashion strong customer focus, good management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Canberra, ACT16 November 2015
Great place to work if you love fashion and retail. Great opportunity for young employees to move up to higher management positions with higher pay. Great experience for people wanting to be involved in the fashion industry as a whole. High end training and company values.
Enjoyable job
Retail/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  South Morang VIC3 November 2015
After being in an office environment for many years, customer service role at Betts is a refreshing and enjoyable approach to having contact with the public and assisting them personally. Fun working within team environment. Management easy and approachable.
Pros
Having people contact daily
Cons
disgruntled customers at times
Fun and Close workplace
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Wa14 August 2015
been with the company a short time but feel as though I have learnt alot, all team members in store and at higher levels are lovely and understading
Friendly environment, with an amazing manger and team.
Sales Assistant - Part-time (Current Employee) –  Macarthur Square, Campbelltown27 April 2015
A typical day at work is to do daily tasks such as clean, stock, handle money, and help customers. Working at Betts has given me the ability to understand the different types of people, and how to handle them. With a manger who has an amazing gift to ensure the staff are happy and to just do well at her job in every aspect. With a friendly team who i have become extremely close friends with, work life has been fun with our friendly challenges. Working for betts can be difficult when its at its business, but this has also taught me how to deal with stress, and to go slower is to to get the job done faster. this way theres less mistake. The best thing, are those amazing happy customers who you help as much as possible and they give you the recognition for that. I have been hugged, offered a tip (but didn't take) and given flowers by people who love how i go to lengths to help them.
Even though i love working here, a job in the industry I am currently studying to be in would be ideal and amazing.
Pros
Discount on shoes
Cons
Dealing with Customer complaints
Extremeny busy and productive environment, working with fun and productive colleagues
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC10 November 2014
A typical day at work involved completing all sales associates tasks as required to perfection. I learned to improve my skills and patience with people management, and the challenges of dealing with different personalities whilst proactively focusing on staff support. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fun interaction with the customers.
Pros
Fun team environment
Cons
Roster inconsistency
2ic (Former Employee) –  perth27 March 2014
• Customer Relations
• Counter Sales
• Cash Handling & Banking
• General Store Duties
A day at shoemania
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macathur Square2 February 2014
An ordinary day at Betts involves 90% of your time communicating with customers, depending on the time of the year and how busy the day has been. Working at Betts Macathur Square with an excellent manager who helps you improve yourself and trains you to be the best as you can be. Getting along with all friendly co-workers makes work fun and enjoyable.
Pros
Choice of jobs
Cons
Standing on your feet for a maximum of 10 hours
Was a good experience
2IC (Former Employee) –  perth, australia4 December 2013
I did not get the required training to be a 2IC and was thrown into management before i had even finished my 12 week training. I was put under a lot of unnecessary stress and was not spoken to appropriately over the phone by the regional manager. Would not recommend working there to anyone.