Blue Care Employee Reviews

What a shame
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Northside QLD17 November 2017
Now nearly at the end of 2017 and unfortunately this company has degressed instead of progressing. There is no training or support and due to the lack of effective and productive management this has filtered down through the levels of workers through to the clients and no one is happy - especially the clients.
Wake up Blue Care before it is too late.
Pros
The Clients
Cons
inefficient management
Productive and hard working staff ,great feeling of really helping the elderly to enjoy there last years
Assistance in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Labrador QLD31 October 2017
Great place to work love it
After 20 years In the industry it’s time to find a new career, and lighter duties.
This way I still get to use my great customer service to help the public
Pros
Flexible hrs
Cons
Mentally draining and physically hard
Not very good managment
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Current Employee) –  Hervey Bay QLD5 October 2017
Once was a good company to work for. Not so much now. Very dissapointed with management. Bluecare use to be a compay that cared about there clients now its just about the money so sad.
Never work as a community nurse for blue care
Community Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 September 2017
I worked as a community nurse and would advise anyone not to consider working in this role for blue care. There was no support, and inadequate training. There was a toxic blame culture by the nurses the!selves due to very poor management. The staff knew very little about wound care and did not practice evidenced based care.
Pros
Cons
No ongoing training. Poor work practices.
Productive and fun work place to be apart of,lovely staff
Hospitality All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD23 July 2017
Hey my name is isiah, I've just recently resigned with bluecare and now I'm out looking for another job. I'm very reliable, respectful and can work in a team. My expirence with bluecare has helped me much, I was and all rounder such as
Laundry
Kitchen hand
Personal carer
Cleaner
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Had to work up to 12 hours some days
No career prospects no extension to contract
Customer Service Rep ( Residential & MAC team) (Current Employee) –  Caboolture QLD23 July 2017
I have enjoyed my time at Blue Care, my contract has expired with no prospect of career progression or extension .Minimal training, No career progression. ,Lovely clients that I wish I could have helped more.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No Career prospects, Minimal training, KPI's are unachievable, lack of mangement support.
Walking on egg shells at labrador gardens
EEN (Former Employee) –  Labrador gardens8 July 2017
Blue care is going through unwelcomed changes, and unfortunatley these changes have created a uneasy environment to work. Staff feel bullied from management and team leaders. Blue care has become an unsafe place to work as they are using agency staff to fill shifts or just work short. I dont know how Blue care can get away with this. Blue care use to be a safe and welcoming place to work unfortunitley this i feel will never return.
Pros
Love the residents
Cons
No support from team leaders or management
Still some positives but more task orientated approach
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD2 July 2017
Like many non-government organisations, Blue Care has undergone immense change with the introduction of CDC. Unfortunately this change has created so much uncertainty for all staff, especially long term staff as Blue Care seeks to revamp its image. While we have always worked hard, going to work was an enjoyable experience for most, with a supportive team and management. This is now sadly lacking and working those extra hours, once done willingly has now become a chore. Flexibility to provide client care has decreased, with a task orientated model replacing a holistic care model of care.
My earlier years with Blue Care were some of the happiest of my working career, and I have to acknowledge the extent of the knowledge I have gained and the peer support I have experienced being part of this organisation
Pros
Very little after hours or weekend work
Cons
Long hours, after hours on call work
Fast paced environment with an ability to grow
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD1 July 2017
Employees work as a team who treats the residence with respect and love. Environment is very friendly and accommodating. There is no discrimination about other cultures. I learned to accept each others differences and being calm even if there are some tension in the air.
Pros
There are free snacks sometimes.
Cons
When residence are in bad mood and have behaviours.
unsupervised kitchen work
Support Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emerald QLD27 June 2017
Working in Avalon, allowed me flexible hours and to work unsupervised, as well as being of assistance to the nursing staff and personal carers where needed. I was in charge of evening meals prepared and presented to the residents, and I also gained skills in the measuring and preparing of 'level' drinks (thickening).
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the residents and the staff within the facility.
Pros
flexible hours, friendly staff, residents
Cons
not enough days of the week to spend there.
As below
Personal Carer (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD23 June 2017
Very supportive Management and a great place to work. Loved interacting with our elderly clients and hearing about their interesting lives and their families.
Pros
Being able to allow clients to stay in their own homes for as long as possible.
Cons
Unavoidable sudden changes to our rosters.
enjoyable work environment
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Former Employee) –  Labrador QLD12 June 2017
This was good job that understood me been an International student and gave me flexible hrs. The work wates are all enthusiastic and was a really fun place to work. I wouldnt say there was a hard part about the job as i enjoyed working there.
Stuck in their ways
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 June 2017
Very nice company to work for some nurses and care staff had been employed for quite some time and were not very open to new ideas they liked it don't that way and it wasn't always the best/safest way to perform some actions
Fun workplace
Hospitality Officer (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD23 April 2017
Working at this company has inspired me to do my very best in the aged care industry and to perform well in my work with no rush and no hesitations to do so. I really enjoyed listening to their stories and sitting with them to have a cup of tea.
Pros
new friends
productive and fun
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 April 2017
fun , respect, great teachers ,remembering every thing, getting to know the residents. working in a group is very useful. I do not mind working public holidays
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons
aged care is a good field to work in
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD10 April 2017
Staff generally are excellent and easy to get along with. The residents make your job so much easier. I love organisation of my schedule. This I had to do myself but the other staff members liked my changes and followed.
Pros
family environment
Cons
casual hours from 0 hour a fortnight to 8 hours one fortnight up to 28 hours next fortnight.
Fun workplace and productive
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD22 March 2017
A friendly workplace with attentive and responsible employees. The staff is welling to help new recruits and work experience student in learning to work in a professional environment.
Bluecare
Personal Carer (Former Employee) –  Thursday Island QLD6 March 2017
My day at work, is depending on how people communicate and negotiate with each other.
I've learned that being sustainable, well mannered and organized, will help keep the work place look professional. My management role to others and the environment doesn't matter, not judgemental. at least I do my job and that's that.
The hardest part of the job is when someone don't turn, it affects the rotate schedule.
The most enjoyable part of the job is, I come to work everyday just to see the residents smile.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
6.5 hours
great team to work with
Personal Carer (Former Employee) –  Maryborough QLD27 February 2017
I learnt a lot about caring in the community working with the elderly in there own homes and getting to know them creating bonds. I learnt great time management skills through this job.
Not what it used to be
Cook Aged Care / Support Service Assisstant (Current Employee) –  Caloundra QLD24 February 2017
Don't like Blue Cares change in level of care. Not a very nice place to work anymore. A my place of work all experienced staff have had enough of new management team.