BlueScope Employee Reviews

Hectic place to work but good crew of people, diverse range of jobs.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wangara WA24 October 2017
Worked for Bluescope as a casual and because of this I found working for them excellent at first but the longer I was there the more frustrated I got with the lack of desire on their part to make it a permanent position.
Pros
Good Hours 6am - 2pm
Cons
Lack of job security.
productive and enjoyable
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  RAIL TERMINAL HEASLIP ROAD EDINBOROUGH12 October 2017
Cultural diverse employer policies and orocedures in place making work place a dynamic and exciting employer with outstanding oppurtunitys for advancement
Pros
1 Hour lunch
Cons
Too long days
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Kembla NSW22 August 2017
The management at Bluescope Steel were amazing, They have very high standards of safety and Personal Protective Equipment is a must within the workplace to ensure the safety of everyone.
Pros
lunch bus
Cons
long hours sitting down
Port Kembla - Team Leader, Maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW16 June 2017
Reliable and adaptable General Labor worker with an agreeable disposition and a stellar customer service ethic. Adept multitasker with abilities to handle a number of workplace responsibilities with accuracy and efficiency. Wide experience in a variety of types of physical labor.
Robust physical stamina for performing strenuous and repetitive tasks .
High ability to follow written and oral instructions
Strong basic mathematical skills
Excellent grasp of safety guidelines for a variety of job contexts
Good oral and written communication abilities.
Pros
Performed janitorial and painting work
Cons
Changed light bulbs
Fun place to work with friendly staff.
Accounts Payable Officer (Former Employee) –  Port Adelaide SA13 June 2017
Each and every day comes with a new challenge and am always ready for any. Each company taught a lesson on how team work improves our motivation, performance and appreciate multi-cultural values. I believe to enjoy each and every day as am ready for any challenge as nothing is easy or hard, once we face it all goes well in the end..
Pros
Free tea breaks and lunch
Standard
Despatch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wangara WA12 June 2017
Good work place if this is the type of industry that interests you. Reputable company that's wants to see you progress. Opportunity to do so in a number of ways.
Enjoyable place to work.
Machine operator /Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Eagle Farm Brisbane30 April 2017
I worked onsite there for over 25 years and found it to be both challenging and rewarding. I was skilled in numerous machines and was therefore given the opportunity to become a trainer to teach new employees. I enjoyed my time there and was sad to move on.
Pros
Good work crew
Cons
Distance from home
Progressive, sustainable, inclusive.
Operations Manager - Sheet Metal Supplies (Current Employee) –  Brisabne , Queensland11 March 2017
A business on the whole that values its people. Has a clear direction and looks to the long term. Senior management have made significant decisions that aim to ensure the longevity of the business and returns to shareholders.
Was a nice Job
Internal Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn NSW26 November 2016
Management where very nice and easy to work with .
Training was great
Nice work environment
Was a great Job .
Was to bad we got made Redundant .
Would work there again
Pros
Heaps of training
Cons
Was made redundant
evidence based
Health & Safety Integration Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Perth WA16 September 2016
BlueScope have a lot of areas that they need to work through. Particularly with safety. Their was strong evidence that safety was not at the top of their priority. I was limited in what I was able to do because of my roll. Although I was honest and had the respect of all the work as they could see I was working to keep them safe I fought a battle with my manager.

The need to build good management verses workers relationship and be honest and more transparent with the workers.
Pros
low moral
Cons
excellent friendship made
Neat ledger,customer service,team work.
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Mt Waverley VIC1 June 2016
The most fulfilling part of my journey at Bluescope was striving to have a neat ledger.

Interaction with sales staff & customers was very benificial.

I expanded my knowledge in credit by working as a team with my fellow co-workers.
Pros
Enjoyed speaking to customers.My own lunch break.
Cons
Lots of work safe meetings, that really was applicable to physical labour
productive work
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Darra QLD30 May 2016
a typical day on the forks sun blazing through the sun roof was a good day at the office
I learnt that you have to always be aware of the hazards whilst being on a forklift
A place who cares about its staff and meating all goals that are set.
Strategic Accounts Manager For Mining (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 May 2016
I'm a hands on manager who lies to coach ,mentor staff.
My strengths are finding new business at the same time building current customer base to its highest level it can be.

What I enjoy most is seeing a team achieve its goals internally and externally if this is done all parts of the business will achieve the outcomes needed.
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clayton South VIC 316919 April 2016
As I moved from South Africa, I was given the opportunity to start working at Bluescope as a Pricing Analyst, although this is outside my main body of knowledge and skills, I was able to apply a lot of the practices and behaviors applied in ICT support environment to improve the Department BAU daily interactions. Initially this was Basic Pricing management and analyses, however participated several projects were executed in the Team/ department and Business to optimize operations and roll-out major pricing changes

However I am currently also been assigned in working and planning a mayor Standardization and Optimization project to transition the Pricing conditions for my Business Unit from the Legacy Business unit structure to the new Business as recently restructured .
Pros
High level of Job Satisfaction and Knowledge expansion
Cons
Not within my mainstream Career profile
A fast paced and safe workplace
Storeman level 3 and first aid officer (Former Employee) –  Northgate Qld20 March 2016
I enjoyed working at Bluescope Steel. The hours fitted in well with our family's lifestyle. It was a safe place to work. The wages were good and I would like to be earning the same wage again.
A busy and fast paced work site
Storeman level III (Former Employee) –  Northgate20 March 2016
Bluescope Steel was a good place to work. The hours fitted in with our lifestyle. All the staff were friendly and we worked safely.
Pros
good salary
Cons
redundancy 2 days before Christmas
A very safety oriented business
Continuous Improvement & Maintenance Leader (Former Employee) –  Braeside VIC27 January 2016
Changing the culture of a workforce in a manufacturing company, by using the tools of continuous improvement on a daily basis.
Pros
Good salary & superannuation
Family business
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Mile End, SA21 January 2016
Great working for family.
Lots of variation in duties.
Accounts payable, receivable, payroll, customer service
Being in the printing industry was great.
Pros
great
Cons
Great work ethic and culture within this company
Production Supervisor / Rollform Operator (Current Employee) –  ORMEAU Gold Coast QLD5 January 2016
A typical day starts with a toolbox meeting to get the team up to speed with the production requirements fro the day.
Learning how to get everyone working as a team is always a challenge but with the input from management and the team all the problems with productivity are solved and the workplace becomes a happy place to work.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
long distance from home
Happy and Friendly environment
Dispatch Officer (Former Employee) –  Westall Vic29 November 2015
it was the company I expected to finish my working career with, but due to restructuring and the current Australian steel industry moving forward, my skills and shift were no longer required, in the position I held at the time of release.
Pros
free to show my adherement and understanding of company ideals and my work ethic.
Cons
lack of close communication, with the rest of the operational team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BlueScope. Our community is ready to answer.