Brisbane City Council Employee Reviews

Very hard dirty work
Body Builder (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD22 October 2017
A day in the council was to starting with a bus chassis and by the end of the month have a fully finished bus that was ready to serve the public . Knowing how to weld, Read plans, Organize parts for the day, Fill in work sheet for my staff in my section, Meet time dead lines
Pros
Free transporrt
Mostly a good place to work with some good people
Counter Officer & Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Toowong, Virginia, and Willawong Bus Depot's17 October 2017
Dealing with drivers issues they face on a day to day situation processing revenue takings and performance managing bus operators. Learnt how to deal and understand different driver personalities some operators have the idea of them and us situation this is the hardest ingrained habit to break down as this has become an ingrained culture. the enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction that you have assisted a driver in need with a change of shift or offering them a different roster type of work.
Pros
Secure employment
Cons
Poor work life balance
Transition Manager (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 October 2017
Brisbane City Council is made up of an amazing group of individuals who all work together to get the job done. They strive to help each other out and the management is very supportive.
My first experience in the workforce
RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee) –  BRISBANE CITY COUNCIL14 September 2017
Worked indoors as a junior clerk, internal filing and systems related to brisbane city council. This was my first job after leaving school in adelaide and moving to brisbane
Pros
Being indoors, Good working hours
Cons
Lack of opportunity for advancement
Its fun and productive to work and a safe invironment
Bus operator (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 September 2017
I hav started since 2008 as a bus driver for brisbane city council its always been a fun and most xciting to b working for them they provide proper training for the task that you are aquired to do so,it interact with people and help them aswell looking for there safety and mine. At the end of the day the reward that you get is priceless when you knw evrybody is happy.
Inspiring City Council
Development Regional Mgr (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD29 July 2017
My role as Development Assessment Manager was to provide direction and guidance to a large team of professionals in helping manage the growth of inner and southern Brisbane City
Pros
Exciting, stimulating, always encouraged to grow skills
Job security employer
Truck driver/Cleaning Division (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 July 2017
Brisbane City Council was my first government employer who really cared for me in terms of giving me the right hours and providing safe environment at all times
Fun work environment to work in
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 July 2017
Brisbane city council was a really good workplace to work in. I learnt a lot of new things I'd never heard of before. I got to experience a different working environment. Everybody I came into contact with were lovely.
Pros
Fun work environment.
Great team environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 July 2017
BCC was a great call centre to work at. The CEO and management team believed in its purpose, and its staff, and ensured we had everything that we needed to succeed in a busy, sometimes thankless work environment.
Pros
Great staff benefits
Cons
abuse from customers on occasion.
Contract gardner (Former Employee) –  Balmoral QLD1 June 2017
Was an honour to have been involved with the floods of 2011 and the cleanup afterwards, I couldn't have been in a better place to witness such a devastating catastrophe.
Good company to work for.
Safety and Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood and Willawong Depots. Brisbane31 May 2017
I performed several courses and furthered my skills when employed by Brisbane Transport. I was employed by Brisbane Transport for 26 years and happy for most of the time.
Pros
Good Management.
Cons
long hours at times. Salary wage rather than paid for hours etc.
Brisbane City Council
Urban Planner (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 March 2017
BCC is the largest local government authority in Australia. There is a large need for compliance in land use matters. The compliance section is large with a varied range of job descriptions. Compliance and town planning are closely inter connected.
Very good place to work for
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver NT9 February 2017
Workplace very good
Easy to get along with
People are good to aork with
Driving trucks
Management easy ro talk with
Hardest part of job was leaving due to lack of work
Pros
Workers
Cons
Na
Ever changing goal posts
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 January 2017
Great team mates however management not so much. Being field & office based was a nice mix. Customer interactions could vary greatly dependent on the circumstances. Workplace culture was always one of uncertainty, constant pressure to meet KPI's
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Changing goal posts, People who are willing to make a name for themselves on the bones of others, Promoting people who do not know the job.
Great teams and Work Life Balance
Electrical Fitter Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Stafford QLD,16 December 2016
Flexible work arrangements offset by average wages. Management are influenced by local government decisions in moving forward and sometimes not in everyone's favour.
Provide great training on and off the job. Great friendly teams and support staff to work with. There is no hard part to this job physically as all the gear you need is provided although being physically fit is handy. The wages aren't great but overtime opportunities are abundant through most of the year with bonus nine day fortnights.
Free onsite staff Gym is advantageous. Project satisfaction, training and great field teams make this a great place to work.
Pros
Training, 9 day fortnight, fun field team colleagues
Cons
Average wage, government decisions affect operational capacity
great job, pity about the manager
road linemarker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 August 2016
good job,I enjoyed the work, some work mates left a lot to be desired,our manager had absolutely no idea, & didn't care about the staff, it was all about ME with him.
Pros
great job, good $
Cons
some fellow workers & manager really sucked
Great experience
Vacation Employment Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 August 2016
My experience at Brisbane City Council was all I could of hoped for. The internship experience was really good, I learned a lot from my mentors, managers and colleagues. I learnt about project management and gained new skills as a result. I learned about how to manage a project from start to finish. I also learnt more about learning and development and capability support.
Productive with career progression potentials
CDW Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 June 2016
Check the status and progress of nightly runs
Check the reports
Update the database
Management - should be better. Their decision making is a little political.
Hardest part is to really blend with the wide range of colleague
The most enjoyable part is to make a delivery of new products and the rectification of the issues
Pros
Security, career progression, benefits
Cons
Political influence, negative and biased decisions on the enhancements
Brisbane City Council
AO5 Senior Clerk - Wastewater Operations (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 May 2016
I worked for the Brisbane City Council in my early days. I enjoyed the diverse variety of work that I was able to learn. It is now over 15 years since I worked with the Council. I started in junior administration and worked my way through many jobs to become a successful supervisor and team leader.
Love working at the council it is a very understanding place to work in
Bus Operator / Fueller (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 December 2015
The staff a very helpful love doing the fueling at the odd hours love driving the buses most of all and the passengers are very helpful and polite