Bupa Employee Reviews

Lots of Promises, not a lot of follow through
Business Administrator - FULL-TIME (Current Employee) –  Traralgon VIC 384416 November 2017
Promotes amazing values, talks the talk but does not walk the walk. The residents are beautiful but its not worth the emotional, mental and physical exhaustion stress and unpaid overtime. Well underpaid in all sectors, do not value employees, a lot of turn over, petty work culture and unfair demands on those that do pour their heart and soul into the role and then efforts ignored or dismissed. A lot of micro managing and belittling. Terrible communication.
Pros
The residents and their families are mostly lovely
Cons
Treated like everyone's PA, overworked, underpaid and undervalued, constantly uninformed about vital changes in home and team structure.
Amazing company
Retail Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA8 November 2017
A company that embraces various cultures, listens to the people from the ground up and is actively engaged and committed to a great workplace. I would return to Bupa immediately if they reopened in my area
Pros
Great leaders, excellent discounts
Cons
Uniforms arent that nice
Great culture!
Service Desk Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 September 2017
Bupa is a fantastic place to work. It's very flexible and chilled out with a great atmosphere. I've learnt so much at Bupa which has given me the opportunity to venture out into my creative work and improvement initiatives.

The hardest part, like all companies, is understanding the business structure to ensure that what you are implementing is required and appreciated by all business units, not just your team.

The management staff are great! Very open minded and very helpful - they always have time for you.
Pros
Great culture, pay and employee benefits.
Cons
Slow to climb up the ladder.
ok place to work
Health Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 August 2017
good work life balance, good people to work with, friendly management. good hours, lunch break go way too fast.

Not really much else I can say.

I like it there
Bupa Aged Care
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 August 2017
I haven't worked there for two years now so things might have changed.
When I was there it was a happy and fun place to work with never a dull moment.
Always busy and always something to do.
Down side was changes to the roster that involved hours being cut hence why I left.
Other than that if I could go back there I would. Fellow PCAs and RNS were fantastic.
Hardest part of the job was when we were short staffed and had a busy day with the residents but even then its wasn't too bad.
The most enjoyable part was building rapports with the residents. I partially loved the cranky ones.
Good Learning challanging Job
Assistant In Nursing (AIN) (Former Employee) –  Cardiff NSW5 August 2017
High care with various types of residents and dealing with the old some cultured employees was challenging. Great learning for problem solving and dealing with difficult people and situation.
Negative
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Australia3 August 2017
I personally wouldnt recommend anyone to work for Bupa. Bad culture, bad pay & negative environment to work in. Most staff there feel as though they are a number and many are seeking other work opportunities elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Too many
enjoyable and good facily to work with
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bonbeach VIC27 July 2017
good co workers to work with very helpful and management is very good. friendly work environment for workers. safe environment for residents regular activities planned.
Productive work environment
Lifestyle Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon VIC15 July 2017
Learnt how to do different activities and how to help the elderly with lifestyle activities. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is getting to talk to the people there and getting to hear their stories as we did lifestyle activities.
Pros
Being able to get to know the residents
Cons
Rudeness of some of the old staff
Nursing Home
Casual Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manunda QLD11 July 2017
Its hard. There is no real community. There are always shifts to pick up. I can't say anything good about the place other than the people I worked with were wonderful but there is to much politics.
Was a great place to work
Customer Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Traralgon VIC21 June 2017
It was a great place to work for the time I was there. I enjoyed each and everyday, meeting new people, having new challenges and making positive changes for everyone,
Very low salary
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ashfield NSW21 June 2017
Big and stable company however offers very low salary. No salary packaging. Management are saving money at employee's expense. Not replacing staff who calls in sick or if someone is on annual leave thus greatly affecting quality of care. Poor employees overworked but not receiving compensation they deserve.
Pros
Employees cooperate with each other, great teamwork (where I work)
Cons
Low salary
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC15 June 2017
Generally reasonable expectation of working hours, with a solid business analyst management group providing support to the team. Processes are loosely in place which makes projects more difficult than they should be, but the people involved are knowledgeable and hard-working.
Most team members happy to chat to.
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Rocks NSW10 June 2017
Working in the kitchen, it is such a fast pace, it can be overwhelming. At the end of the shift, I made sure I left a spotless kitchen. I learnt how to evacuate residents if ever there was a fire, and also learnt how to use a fire extinguisher. I got to know the residents in the ward I was assigned to, and was satisfying to see them when on shift as they actually missed me. Being patient and listening to them was appreciated by them.
Carer
Carer (Current Employee) –  Wodonga VIC7 June 2017
It is a really amazing job, Enjoy coming to work and seeing the progress of the residents. I love to go to work and assist them and help improve their life.
weekend casual works
Recreational Activities Officer (Current Employee) –  Clemton Park NSW23 May 2017
I can speak Mandarin, Cantonese and Vietnamese.
Good customer service and can handling multi tasks.
I have my own car and can be flexible to work after hours and weekend jobs
I am also available to travel overseas if the position required.
Pros
Free ticket and accommodation if work related interstate or overseas
Cons
after hours or weekend
Great work hours
Laundry Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calwell ACT11 May 2017
Sorting,drying,folding and deliverying of linen and residents clothes.
Learnt a lot from the residents and there families.
Always there.
Very diverse
Loosing a resident.
The appreciation from residents.
Pros
Interaction with residents
Cons
Cold mornings
ok place to work
Assistant in Nursing (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 May 2017
no proper management, no respect for most of the employees in some way i was no treated that way.
but plenty of trainnings, you get, just that you dont have time to be part of that trainning.
And also if its mandatory you have to take it anyhow.
yes the best part is if u want to grow u get plenty of traninngs that are or are not given by any other nursing homes.
Pros
plenty of gossiping
Cons
no free lunches, coffe but no glasses or spoons etc
Staff are friendly, but not always a fun place to work
Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Carindale QLD14 March 2017
Company in my time there became to $$ driven and less about customer service, a lot of pressure for targets and if you don't meet targets intense micro management begins.
Good Place to work
Registered Nurse, Casual (Current Employee) –  Delacombe VIC25 February 2017
Friendly management, good team environment makes work life easy and happy. Learning environment and training is provided by organziation