Cater Care Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great place
Assistant Manager (2IC) (Current Employee) –  Sandfire1 August 2017
great company, needs to win more contracts, and have better job security
it has a great work environment and majority of the people have a great attitude to work.
slave drivers
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA20 July 2017
work load is ridiculous, no appreciation worst company I have ever worked for.

no support from management, workplace culture was great with my staff until the manager poked there nose in everything.
Pros
going home
Cons
long hours no appreciation
great company loved working for them
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 April 2017
I loved working there with the elderly people great pay and hours would work for them again. Some off the staff were not great but dealt with it the best i could apart from that it was awesome.
Pros
it was a great job.
Cons
some staff were very rude and made trouble for my employer but we got through it, Needed more staff on
Great company to work for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Australia31 March 2017
This is an Australian company that I worked for before I left Australia and relocated to the UK to work and travel. The 2 weeks on/1 week off roster suited me just fine.
staff were good, upper management werent compaassionate
Cook/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wyoming NSW27 March 2017
all the residents were lovely, loved a good challenge with producing meals in accordance to daily and weekly budgets.
wasn't paid for the overtime as a full time chef that I was promised as well as leave.
productive fun place of work
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT24 January 2017
i would direct staff and i would take part in helping chef with preparation of salads for the salad bar. At Lunch and dinner times I would be first point of call for customers at front count
Pros
working as a team
Cons
people not will to taking direction
Average place to work at
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Ouyen VIC23 October 2016
I was not happy with the management system at Cater Care. very rough and unorganized, lazy and or not much "Care". The salary was great tho for a kitchen hand. They didnt care about duty of care.
Long time away in underdesirable conditions
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, QLD Australia11 July 2016
Cater Care Group was a management company maintaining a remote accommodation facility for +1000 guests. As Food & Beverage manager there was always a variety of issues arising from daily operations that would be seemingly easy to resolve.

However, the bureaucracy of the organisation became fickle and ultimately led to unproductive and inefficient organisation and operational structure.
Pros
Accommodation and meals paid for
Cons
Long hours, poor executive management
Great personal and professional development
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne28 June 2016
Cater Care Group is a leading hospitality and facilities management provider to the Aged Care, Business and Industry, Education, Government and Resources industry. Cater Cares current turnover is in excess of $180 million and the company employs over 3,000 employees across Australia.
Cater Care is a great company for both personal and professional development.
exciting and challenging
Head Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Arcadia Valley QLD8 June 2016
Organizing our kitchens and chefs with our daily menu's production, health and safety, HACCP, ordering, liaising with our clients, replacing our catering managers. Had a fantastic relation with my co workers and clients. Have been satisfied with my daily duties, with many positive feed back.
The only major challenge we had was, that we have been going through 18 catering managers in one year. And had the extra daily workload training with more then the half of them.
Pros
good pay
Cons
18 different catering managers in a year
A good place to work if you want to be under paid worked like a dog due to understaffing and basicly like to be used and abused
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Western Australia27 April 2016
The company is so busy with their heads up there butt trying to compete with big companies like sodexo they don't stop to think that if they did what they preached and looked after there staff instead of forcing unrealistic work conditions on people often forcing you into the situation of either jobs aren't complete which can be a bit of issue when it's peoples food or rooms to sleep in or you do unpaid overtime as the company would rather wrestle a crocodile then actually look after you.
Coming out for the money? Think again with the removal of award rates coming up you could make more money at McDonald's and at least get treated like more then a number. If your not salaried you get the nice "do the same job same quality but for less money" speech and then they try and make you feel like there doing you a favour because you still have a job.
End of story use them.to jump ship to something better just prepare for the no lube attack first
Pros
Experience in fifo, can meet some fun crew
Cons
Unrealistic workload to staffing, pay, managment. Most camps are average to ghetto, fly out in your own time for free, bad traing, refusal to uptrain unless there back is to the wall, treat there dog better then you, holiday pay is a joke, check your pay/hours they will try to shaft you.
chance of interstate transfer
Chef (Current Employee) –  qld coal field5 April 2016
fairly easy job compare to A la Carte service , it's a different style of cooking but I've adapted quickly , co-workers are mainly happy people and its a happy working environment, hardest part of the job is the change-over from day to night shift, most enjoyable part is the week off :-)
Pros
week off
Cons
change over of day/night shift
All the employees who work there are very nice to me.
Work Experience person (Former Employee) –  Southport, QLD2 September 2015
The free lunches that myself and everybody gets to have are so yummy, also there are many people who work there and I got along with them pretty well.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Being tired at the end of the day.
Productive, FIFO
Village Project Manager, Remote (Former Employee) –  Eastern Australia21 June 2015
Fast paced environment, 2 weeks on, 1 week off. Worked for my family.
Loved working for Catercare

I had the opportunity to not just work for a great company, I travelled Australia and worked in some of Australia's most remote areas.

Everyday there were challenges on the job, wether it be short staffed, food delivery not showing up due to roads washed out, trucks breaking down etc.

These challenges make you thrive on the job and that motivation helps you solve some of your challenges.

Loved it.....
Pros
Great money, travel
Cons
away from my animals......
I enjoyed my time
Kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Calliope28 February 2015
Worked hard and always help others
No I in a team only mate in a team
Management were very helpful and resourceful
Great co-workers who were very helpful when I first started. Nice people, although you always have one that stands out.
Hardest part of my job - being away from my children
I enjoyed networking with all people and learning new skills
Pros
Free lunch, comfortable and classy uniforms.
Cons
Long hours and transportation.
productive, on the clock, busy environment
House keeping (Former Employee) –  south hamilton12 February 2015
A typical day at work was the usual 40degrees+ in the Pilbara working long 12 hour shifts, 14-21 days straight. Everyday always revolved around time management, working fast, in a team but also looking after yourself and one another as the heat and long days becomes extremely tiring. We often would get new staff come and go very regularly so training on a daily basis almost become a normal day at work. Every lunch break at work all co-workers would sit together and socialize and most nights included catching up and bonding with managers and supervisors. This was always what most people including myself looked forward to everyday. (fairly different from the usual job). Working away your co-workers are not just people you work with, the whole team becomes extremely close and is basically your second family.
Productive, hardworking staff who take their jobs seriously
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SA14 September 2014
A typical day would include: Washing up, preparing food, cleaning the kitchen floors, tables, benches and refilling stock.

While working at Cater Care Australia I learned about occupational Health and safety on my first day of working, I also learnt how to clean and perpare food properly.

My co-workers all took their jobs seriously and worked really hard; they also helped me when I asked for it.
Ongoing battle for culture change within management.
Regional Training and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  BRISBANE CBD15 June 2014
A typical day at work would consist of accuracy in reports and booking external courses.
Developing Online content for in house courses.
Liaising with managers on Indigenous programs and implementing Training plans.
Work with site managers assisting with the EPR process and summaries.
Facilitation of Induction process/ Training the trainer and training management.
Training in customer service , going to site`s and training.
Facilitation of CPR & 1st Aid.
Training Apprentice Chef`s on the job.
These were all the most enjoyable parts of my job within CCS.
Pros
Local & Good support staff.
Cons
No Recognition for all the hard yards put into the job.
Cater care services daily review
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lot 65 Caro Road Cataby Western Australia 650719 April 2014
My Typical day at work is daily prestart meeting in the morning, discussing work department duties and the important of safety at work. Daily Accommodation and Financial reports sent to our client to analyse business activity, update, OHS records, payroll, accounts, labour trends, in a office environment for about fourteen hours per day. I have learnt a lot working as a Project manager for Cater Care Services, how to manage labour correctly, staying within budget, and how to forecast financial planning, and how to manage the business over all better and more efficient. The hardest part of the job, consistently dealing with staffing issues, putting in place, work improvement plans, performance review meetings, which can take a lot of time out of my day. The most enjoyable part of the job is training an new employee and able to mould them into something you need for the future. My Co-workers are a good bunch of people fun and enjoyable to work with. Cater care Services is a good company to work for in the hospitality/mining industry, the past five and half years, my life has changed with a young family, I need to seek employment back in Perth, which cater care Services only specialist in the mining sector outside Perth metro area.
Pros
Enjoy hard challenging work and the ability to use my brain to brain storm
Cons
Long Hours in the office
A typical day at work.
Regional Training and Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brisbane CBD22 January 2014
Primary message of leadership skills....

Growing, Learning and Achieving.
Pros
Engaging with employees/RTO`s etc..
Cons
Dealing with too many ego`s, its a challenge ha!