Centacare Employee Reviews

Professional, support work environment
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Australia9 September 2017
Centacare has a brilliant culture among staff and management. Support from management in this line of work is crucial to the wellbeing and longevity of the staff and Centacare are excellent in regards to client and staff wellbeing.
Domestic Violence (Current Employee) –  Emerald QLD7 September 2017
Busy need to be flexible, deal with crisis be prepared to change direction
Something new comes through the door every day
Good
Getting better
I enjoy my work don't really find anything too difficult
Going to work
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
productive and fun to work for
Disability Carer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 May 2017
I loved being everywhere. Doing all different stuff. Did'nt need to know what you were doing. All was shown how to do and you just did it. I worked for different companies doing on call work as needed. Very good experience.
Pros
Company's were good
Cons
hours were great
Great opportunity
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingaroy QLD29 March 2017
Centacare was a great place to work, clients were all wonderful people, I have taken so much from this job, learning about those with disabilities, great place
Nice place to work
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD21 October 2016
As a Casual, never can rely on hours and pay each fortnight.
would like to be part time so can have paid holidays and other benefits.
I like working with people and I enjoy a challenge.
Pros
Nice management
Cons
Never finish some shifts on time.
Poor management
Care support worker (Current Employee) –  Hervey Bay QLD21 August 2016
The line managers created problems that weren't there. ....unfair with rosters, punished if questioned rosters ( by giving even less shifts) the organization is great and the CEO is a good person! The Hervey Bay office lets the organization down terribly! !
Would not recommend working at Hervey Bay ....but world recommend the organization!
Pros
Clients and collegues
Cons
Poor pay bullying from management
Hard working
Customer and staff support officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD14 July 2016
Fast paced industry and highly stressful but assisting clients achieve their goals is well worth all the hard work.
Managers are to busy to creative a supportive environment for staff, at the end of the day we are there for the community and the aged clients and clients living with a disability. This is rewarding.
Pros
The clients
Cons
No support from management
close of enviroment
Disabilty Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Currimundi QLD2 May 2016
Unfortunatley the environment I work at is closing so I require seeking a new job.
I enjoyed working for my client and with my collegues, of course with the closing of the environment by the government I am disappointed.
nice place to work
Trauma Counsellor (CQSA) & Child Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Emerald QLD14 March 2016
Friendly Admin Staff
Program Manager extremely focussed, experienced and supportive
Fantastic Professional Supervision
Fantastic opportunities to attend training
Pros
pleasant atmosphere - can be very busy - rewarding work
Cons
unsure
great company
Assist individuals (Current Employee) –  brisbane queensland24 October 2015
I love working for this company but there is not enough work for me to live on most of the time, small shifts eg two hours only
Pros
Cons
short hours
Disappointing.
Contractor - Business Administration (Former Employee) –  Hobart, TAS28 September 2015
The Willson Training Group (WTG) had successfully achieved several Government grants in 2014 to continue their operation and I was invited to assist with streamlining administrative systems for this group. The outcomes were challenged by WTG's budget and they did not seem to have required leadership, course strategies, communications and collateral in place to develop their successfully tendered for programs. Some employee contracts were cancelled at the end of a three month probation style period. The training school closed and my contract concluded. Centacare (now Catholic Care) has a CEO that seemed to be focussed on a quest to develop lower socio-economic housing projects. Stemming from my corporate and marketing and management experience plus my dynamic work ethic and approach to goal setting, I was very disappointed for the students and the communication via team leaders plus the long-term nepotistic culture during my short term business contract administration term at Centacare. Thank you for this opportunity to share information in confidence.
Pros
Government funded training initiatives for new Australians, low socio-economic and vocational pathways.
Cons
Lacked the leadership required for super successful outcomes.
Great place to work, Great bosses, fun place to work.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hervey Bay26 August 2015
Fun place to work, was satisfying as I got to make a difference in people with a disability lives. The bosses were great and I felt looked after. Co-workers were great - relaxed environment but very efficient.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere and great place to work
Cons
Income wasn't very high
I don't like it
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ningi, QLD14 May 2015
The job itself was great but the higher staff weren't so great I didn't like the end result of my termination
I did learn alot from the job itself which was never the issue. Just the way i was treated that was my only issue
Very caring and supporting team to work with
School Liaison and Family Support Services (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga, NSW12 January 2015
The day always started with being sure everyone was ok and general news was shared in a caring and supportive environment.

Next came into a work vehicle and off to the centres which were allocated to you.

Contacts with key stakeholders was imperative to the position, developing a rapport with the client was always rewarding.

I learnt from the client base that there is always something to brighten up the day, and they could get through the tough times with a little help.

This organisation is without a doubt the most caring organisation which encourages you to succeed in your career choice
Pros
Salary Sacrificing, regular training, team support
sub-standard work culture, but displayed good customer service
Family and Carer Mental Health Support Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Dubbo NSW 283015 December 2014
days varied, management inexperienced/untrained/unqualified, HR Dept inadequate for many years
Pros
helping the vulnerable
Cons
lack of support for staff
great teacher i learned a lot
Kitchen Opertation cert 2 (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA8 December 2014
i enjoyed the course i learned a lot it was comfortable to learn in the class
Cons
Enjoy working with the children enrolled here and interacting with their families.
Educator - OSHC (Current Employee) –  Gaven, QLD25 October 2014
I liked working here as I enjoy working with children and their families. The children here mostly come from families with Catholic or Christian ethical background and display good upbringing.

A typical day at work for me is preparing for daily tasks such as organising for programs planned for that day; assist in giving out afternoon snacks; assist in any games and sports children wanted to play; and just being there for the children in general.
Pros
Enjoy working with children.
Cons
Not enough working hours available.
productive workplace
Psychologist (Former Employee) –  brisbane cbdj and outer suburbs12 May 2014
this company was great to work for helpful to all clients from different cultural backgrounds
Great opportunity
Student Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Clear Island Waters12 May 2014
Every day was an adventure which I valued and enjoyed, I thrived in this environment.
no such thing as a typical day...............
Team Leader Centacare Homelessness Services (Current Employee) –  Mount Isa, QLD26 January 2014
there is no such thing as a typical day at work; but the work is challenging, stimulating, fast-paced and rewarding. We are able to provide meaningful assistance to people in housing crisis as well as identifying a range of associated needs. We work from a strengths based, resilience oriented approach to give a hand up, not a hand out. Resources are scarce and options limited but this means we need to be creative and innovative in our thinking, as well as resourceful in finding alternative options. The small wins give us hope and evidence that we do make a difference in peoples' lives.