Centacare Employee Reviews

no such thing as a typical day...............
Team Leader Centacare Homelessness Services (Current Employee) –  Mount Isa, QLD26 January 2014
there is no such thing as a typical day at work; but the work is challenging, stimulating, fast-paced and rewarding. We are able to provide meaningful assistance to people in housing crisis as well as identifying a range of associated needs. We work from a strengths based, resilience oriented approach to give a hand up, not a hand out. Resources are scarce and options limited but this means we need to be creative and innovative in our thinking, as well as resourceful in finding alternative options. The small wins give us hope and evidence that we do make a difference in peoples' lives.
Company has a very strong focus on training, and I recieved many skills.
Resource Worker, Support worker (Former Employee) –  Northside disabilities, 33 station Street, Nundah.5 March 2013
A very encouraging and supportive workplace with a strong focus on being safe both for workers and for clients. An excellent standard for on the job training, and reviewing procedures regularly.
I learnt to work with a team and with people with very different work ethics. This helped me to learn negotiating skills.
Working within peoples homes leads to many conflicting working safety issues. Showing respect for the client and his home and privacy was always something that would be reviewed.
Pros
great friendships are made because of the personal nature of the workk.
Cons
the skill of keeping objective and still be close.
A rewarding job
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Naremburn, NSW17 December 2012
A typical day would involve picking up clients from their homes and giving them a day of enjoyable activities.

I learned the importance of respite care for disabled people and their families. I learned the issues they face and discrimination they are up against.

This was a challenging job that made me face many difficult situations, but was rewarding overall.
A rewarding job
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Naremburn, NSW17 December 2012

This was a challenging job that made me face many difficult situations, but was rewarding in the end.