Chisholm Institute Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
overall opinion
Medical Student (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC12 October 2017
things could have certainly gone better during my time as a student at Chisholm, and what i mean by that is that finding placement for us was so unorganized, although promised, and during my placement i did not experience a professional work team among the Techs.
Great place to work sorry I left.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC23 September 2017
Was very happy here.

Would like to
come back....But was left alone to do my job with great mentors and support..................................................
Pros
always open for improvement
Cons
too long to implement change
Terrible, unorganised and uncompliant
Beauty Department (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC23 August 2017
I have never been involved in such a schambled workplace.
Uncompliant resources. Management and leaders not up to scratch with Government standards and training packages. Teachers are not supported, dealing with Management issues with students.
Unrealistic workloads and time frames. What is on your job description is not what you do!
Management in the Beauty Department have favourites and don't treat all staff fair and equal.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Overworked and underpaid
Not good.
Enrolment Advisor and Contact Centre Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC16 July 2017
Such a problematic place to work - at least when I was there! Lots of politics and unhealthy behaviours in the workplace which meant the morale was incredibly low. No opportunity for growth, no incentive to work hard or be the best you can be, no investment from the organisation into their staff members. Unfortunately, my time there was a massive waste and I wish I'd left sooner. So sad because so many of my colleagues were AMAZING people with so much to offer but they were getting treated as "disposable" by a company they'd been loyal to for years and years. :(
Pros
I had great colleagues
Cons
Thankless, stressful, disorganised
Was a great workplace, but recently deteriorated by government spending cuts.
Electronics Teacher and Technician (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC29 June 2016
Well equipped classrooms.
Great learning environment for students.
Teaching was very rewarding.
I learnt how to self-manage and be creative in my teaching delivery.
Upper level management driven by accountants and government auditing requirements.
Middle level management driven by compliance and reporting issues.
Lower level management driven by attempting to maintaining team harmony, between teachers and upper and middle level management.
My co-workers were always very friendly and in the main, nice people, but in recent times, more and more co-workers were part time contract type workers or sessional workers who had no ownership or desire to maintain the quality of the program delivery material.
Hardest part of my recent job requirements, was ensuring compliance and accurate reporting, to satisfy government ASQA expectations or Skills-Victoria auditing requirements.
Most enjoyable part of the job was to see student develop and excel in their learning.
Pros
Very rewarding and intersting job, with the possibility of overseas work.
Cons
Being away from the industry workplace, you become detached and lose touch with industry practices.
Professional and friendly work environment with helpful teachers
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC3 January 2016
I am was an interpretation Vietnamese - English and vice versa. I helped teachers to prepare the learning materials, translated some textbooks from English into Vietnamese, as well as helped students doing their laboratory works. By doing this job, I could gain my knowledge from enthusiastic teachers who are willing to explain new difficult concepts not only for students but also for me.
It is a friendly envionment focuses on emergency relief services
Language supporter/Voulanteer (Former Employee) –  Record Managment and Librarian24 August 2015
love to be part of this environment. worked as a volunteer and learned many things. The manager is really kind and professional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chisholm Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8