City Beach Australia Employee Reviews

Culture Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queensland, AUS24 October 2017
It was an awesome job! I enjoy interacting to other customers. I didn't mind the hours, however i was always on call. And live 45 minutes away. But would always be there when i could!
Productive and Enjoyable workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 October 2017
A typical day at work is good and enjoyable, Myself and the other staff members get a lot of work done during the day and we congratulate each other at the end of the day for the work we have done.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
N/a
not to many hours
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kawana QLD5 October 2017
didn't really get any hours, only 6 hours per week. it got busy but had to hang up alot of clothes and restore clothing around but it was a good first job! lovely people and staff
Pros
great vibe
Cons
short hours
work place
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremantle WA29 August 2017
city beach is my longest and second job - it has taught me big experiences, and over the four year of working here had boosted my experiences with customers and learning to become confident. the best part of the job is everyone is treated equally, the hours are very well.
Pros
discounts, good hours
Cons
nothing
Fun but chaotic environment
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sydney6 August 2017
I was thrown into the deep end with this job, i had extremely poor management with managers coming and going every couple of weeks. this was their biggest downfall, however this was evened out by the great sales assistants that i worked along side.
Pros
discounts
Cons
poor management
Fun Place to Work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queensland31 July 2017
Loved working for this company. Great staff, great clothes, great customers. Fashion is something I enjoy so it was a great place to be.
Sadly left as I moved back to NZ.
I didn't enjoy it as much as I would've liked to
Retail Operations (Former Employee) –  Macarthur Square NSW12 July 2017
The management I had were not the nicest, although that depends on each store, most of the staff were lovely people although some not so much when I first started. I learnt customer service techniques.
Productive and Hardworking group
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Biggera Waters QLD1 June 2017
I really enjoyed working at city beach, the team were hardworking and very bubbly group to be around. We all managed to finish our tasks set and we all helped eachother when needed. I also learnt alot of OHS, retail and customer service skills for which I can use in my future jobs and live.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Hours given, would prefer more shifts/hours
Cool Company
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD31 May 2017
Was a great first job, learnt quite a bit, but the staff were rude, management was rude and never let you do anything expect hang clothes and clean departments. Roster was off a sheet so you had to go in and check your work schedule.
Pros
20% off
Cons
Rude management
Absolute waste of time and effort. Worse management team and people...
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kawana QLD9 May 2017
I applied for City beach because for the times that i did shop there before working their, i enjoyed the atmosphere and store. BIG mistake. Other than the fact that they pay well, the 2 months that i worked there was the worst 2 months of my life. I was offered another job other than city beach and i so regret taking city beach! Management is the worst i have ever seen, the communication and attitude between staff members is disgusting and environment is toxic!!! if there is any hesitation with working with these toxic people, don't do it!!!! if i could take back those 2 months, i would. If this helped you turn down city beach, i have done my job. This is the first time i have ever filled out a job complaint for a job.
Go somewhere where they pay you good AND treat you right!
you deserve that!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management knows nothing, Bad communication in rosters ect. Not a fun enivorment to work in, all about making money, treats staff like trash...
good work environment but bad management
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 May 2017
the work environment was good and happy, however the management had no clue as to what they or their staff should be doing. the training was minimal but the staff and work environment was pleasant
Pros
good staff
Cons
bad management
The most enjoyable part of the day
Senior Casual Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield Lakes QLD22 March 2017
On a typical day at work, the most enjoyable part of the day was communicating with all the different customers. Finding out how their day is going, why they are shopping for a particular product, It all excites me and it makes my shift so much better.
Pros
Meeting new people in the work place
Cons
Short hours
great environment to work in
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD22 March 2017
I always enjoyed going to work. Such friendly and lovely staff. Everyone was always happy and outgoing. I learnt the daily roles of a casual assistant would, e.g. cleaning dressing rooms, putting away stock and finding shoes.
Pros
generous staff discount and work environment
Cons
management
Never work there trust me on this.
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Townsville City QLD16 March 2017
Worst place I have ever worked. Manager needs to learn how to run things properly and not to let workers walk all over him. Worker cosntalty not doING work but have time to sit around and talk.
Friendly and fun workplace and environment
Retail Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 March 2017
Being given the opportunity to work at City Beach has been one of the best things in my life. I have gained many skills such as customer service, area management protocols and maintaining the store clean and tidy, not only for the customers' experience but my fellow colleagues.
Pros
Fun and enjoyable shifts
Cons
Not enough hours
Positive and great environment
Team Member (Casual) (Former Employee) –  North Lakes QLD8 March 2017
I only worked there for the Christmas period but it was an awesome experience, everyone is so lovely. You felt like they wanted you around, they gave me plenty of shifts, and they treated me with respect.
Pros
discount
Cons
nil
Citybeach
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD26 February 2017
At City beach, i was placed on the floor to work hand on hand with customer maintaining the workplace and helping at the request of the customers.I worked in a fast paced enviroemnt.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
Not many Hours/ Shifts
Really bad
E-store pick packer (Former Employee) –  Murarrie QLD18 February 2017
Supervisors alway in a mood and talked to everyone like trash. Not a very nice place to work definently would advise against working at the distribution centre.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Supervisors, really hot and very hostile
Queensland CB
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queensland31 January 2017
Fun fast paced environment, being able to work in an industry that's constantly growing.

Unfortunately there is no job security for a casual staff memember as in not getting many shifts or some times none!
Not being counter trained after 7 months
Pros
Wages/ staff discounts
Cons
No job security or hours
Not too bad for a temporary job.
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA22 January 2017
Had very good pay for my age especially weekends, managers favoured certain others which resulted them to being counter trained earlier than the others who've worked longer. Barely ever got shifts.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Almost no shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Beach Australia. Our community is ready to answer.