City of Melbourne Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Staff are passionate about the City
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 July 2016
The best thing about working at CoM is that the staff are passionate about the city. They do need to work more collaboratively and innovatively.
Pros
Staff who care
Cons
More collaboriation is needed
Fun place to work which makes a difference in the community
OHS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne22 February 2016
Fair and equitable employer, that is flexible. They support personal and professional development. An organisation that is open to new and innovative ideas.
Proactive and wonderful work environment
Park Ranger (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC10 December 2015
Supportive Management with flexible work hours and always encouraging with personal growth and development.
Always treat you as a valued staff member and provide you with all the necessary resources to achieve your work goals.
Pros
Discounts on events
Cons
Parking
Great organisation with lots of opportunities
Work Experience in Melbourne, Australia (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC20 October 2015
I have done some lovely volunteer jobs for City of Melbourne, great organisation, will stay open to do more project in weekends, whenever I have availability
Pros
Free lunches
Team building excerices
Finance Assistant - Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC14 August 2015
A fun place to work.

Social Club,

Made plenty of friends over the period spent at work.

Social discounts.

Flexibility.

I had plenty of opportunities in my early years to move around, giving me the knowledge and know how of today.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
leaving
Individualistic
Senior Planning Investigations Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC10 August 2014
As a capital city I had expected that the City of Melbourne would present the most up to date systems, technology, expertise and support networks. Unfortunately this is not the case.
Pros
Working in the CBD. Remuneration.
Cons
Disjointed. No sense of 'team'.
Struggles as wage was low
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC9 June 2014
The group of people i work with where great. I learnt a lot . I loved organising event, it was the best part of the job
Pros
Learnt a lot
Cons
Struggle to stay on top of things
Working with family having children was rewarding.
Play group facilitator under supervision (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC10 December 2013
As a student on placement, visiting clients and planning how to support them was enjoyable. What I learnt from this experience is listening, empathising and giving them relevant information was very empowering to clients. Understanding the issue, knowing where to refer them and accompany them to places like court and etc is very important to clients.

I am very easy person to work with until now I didn't get any major problem working with others. I have documents to support that.

The hardest part of the job was when a client was abusive towards us because of the letter we wrote to support his child care application for his children. I was frightened and wanted to leave but my supervisor knows the client and kept talking to him. I asked later why she stayed when it was not safe for us, she answered she worked with this client for a long time and knows his behaviour, she thought it was safe and it was. I think working with a client longer will make the worker know their behaviour better and support them better.

The most enjoyable part of the job was achieving the agreed goals for a client and closing the case.
Pros
Helping people is a rewarding job.
Cons
People can be agressive because of their issues, People might not trust workers.