Coles Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Enjoyed range of jobs
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Dapto NSW19 September 2017
Day consisted of filling shelves, stock rotation, tidying store as required, assisting permanent staff members with different duties as required, learning how stock is managed
Pros
variety of duties
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Remo NSW18 September 2017
Great working environment friendly staff great customer service along with great prices excellent range of products and services. Compassionate management
Pros
Possible friendships
Happy
Team Member (Former Employee) –  South Hedland WA18 September 2017
I loved my job at Coles because I got to work everywhere learn new things. A typical day at Coles I was always ran off my feet and I loved it. I enjoyed all aspects of my job. The hardest part was getting moved from one department to another all the time and never getting time to settling in one department.
Great place to work with great people
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield NSW15 September 2017
Coles was a fantastic place to work with great co-workers. The training was always available and the Management team were very supportive and knowledgable
Fun workplace with fun people
Deli Team Member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 September 2017
Learned new skills, good first job, good people to work with. Would recommend as a first job however take get very repetitive and can be very boring if you are working alone or don't make any friends
Pros
Good first job
Cons
Rude managers and employees
Great atmosphere
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC14 September 2017
I only work at Coles as an after school job, but a typical shift could include working on cash register or stocking shelves moving produce forward and stock take. I learnt many skills here including the use of a cash register. Management were great and helped in my training and gave me confidence in my ability. The workplace culture was fantastic most people were helpful and willing to teach me. There was no real hard part to this role and the most enjoyable part was making new friends.
Pros
a great company to work for
Cons
no real pros.
family team enviroment
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  paralowie store, craigmore store. s.a13 September 2017
a close knit team of dedicated people with a strong focus on customer service. management could be demanding on time,and extra hours worked that is the hardest part of the job. the best part is to meet new people everyday and to see a smile on customers faces when you have done your job well.i learnt that i can do and succeed at anything i put my mind to.
Pros
recognition and rewards for doing your job well.
Cons
i am good at sorting things out
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD13 September 2017
i am free on sundays and sometimes week days
i have a great understanding of maths
im good at organizing objects
the hardest part is to make friends with other employes but i would only mind completing my shift
Pros
free lunches
Enjoyable work enviroment
Grocery Night filler (Current Employee) –  Goondiwindi QLD11 September 2017
Learnt heaps working for Coles. Management here is fantastic, very approachable in whatever situation. I find it to be a fast paced position I hold, which I enjoy the most.
Pros
Good work team members
Cons
repetitive
Good place to get experience but had a poor experience with my job
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Mildura VIC10 September 2017
Worked here for less than a year, my boss was very harrasive and got injured out side of work and my employment was then terminated through the lack of communication received by them
Fantastic team to work with
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mundaring WA10 September 2017
I'm lucky to work with a fantastic team in the store I work at. It has become my second family. We are a productive team, but also know how to enjoy ourselves at the same while giving fantastic customer service
fair work condition
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Upper Swan WA10 September 2017
• Managing all aspects of the store operation; include the delivery of excellent customer service, up selling, cash handling.
• Keeping general area, pumps, air and water and car wash neat and tidy in the forecourt.
• Processing drive off payments/losses, returns and voids, fly buys cards and ghost sales.
• To assist customer with issues at the pump and to contact service technicians when necessary.
Do your time, take the money and experiences with you, but don't overstay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 September 2017
I worked long shifts because I needed to repay a debt, (you are not given any relief from being on a busy register if you can cope) The management is always changing and not always for the better, especially if they transfer their "Key players" from other stores. Our store was to undergo refurbishment so the air-conditioning NEVER worked in Summer. A new team member undergoing training, actually passed out from the heat.
Pros
no charge on parking
Cons
standing all day, doing a repetitive job, no alternative tasks
Good start job
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD7 September 2017
Pros
- Great starting job for a young person
- A lot of 'in work' celebrations / recognises peoples work
- Good stability in work
- ability to change departments

Cons
- Dealing with unpleasant customers on a regular basis
-Being abused from customers
- management is not constant / lots of manager changes
- Mind numbing work
Demanding work enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 September 2017
Task and cost control oriented business with high targets to increase customers satisfaction. How to conciliate reduction in hours and great customer service? One solution is increase the hours worked by salary team members/managers. An alternative solution is to employee robots, they never get tired or suffer from fatigue, they never called sick or go on holiday, they will always perform.
fun working place
Part Time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Forest Hill VIC6 September 2017
the management at coles could be improved. a typical day at work is busy but is enoyable. workplace is friendly and everyone is nice
hardest part of the job is standing for 4 hours straight. most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers and the local ones.
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and fun workplace
Coles (Former Employee) –  Werribee VIC5 September 2017
My experience at Coles was amazing its like a typical day, i learned how to associate with customers and i built so much confidence in myself, the hardest part of the job is when you have to get through so much cages while working in the Dairy area i enjoyed getting to know people that i work with and associating with new customers every day.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Very nice work place
CSR (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 September 2017
Cleaning, organize the shop and daily ordering.
How to dealing customer
Very high management
no diversity
unloading palates
to help the customer
free exess to internet .
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kewdale WA4 September 2017
you had good days and bad .sometime you get team member who are new to the work and not cooperative .you do get management who are good and the works get done smoothly .overall the workplace culture is good.. there is nothing hard in doing the job . at the end of the day its most enjoyable knowing you had done your work well from your manager.
Pros
you get free lunch working on public holiday
Cons
working with team members who are not train to do thework.
Just another number
Part-time service assistant/supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor NSW4 September 2017
The organisation was excellent to work for but has changed over the last 5 years. Working on the shop floor, there has been a decline in morale, less staff to do the tasks required and little concern for the employees.
Management outside of the store are insulated and there is no communication. Issues are not addressed in a timely or effective manner. There appears to be different rules for some and the rules can be ignored depending on the situation.
Pros
The customers are mostly lovely
Cons
Frustrating situations that aren't dealt with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coles. Our community is ready to answer.