Commonwealth Bank Employee Reviews

Ok if you are sales focused
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA13 November 2017
Busy with not enough staff to cover. Staff benefits are good. Pay is inline with other similar businesses. Hardest part of job is reaching KPI's. Sometimes unrealistic.
Pros
staff benefits
Cons
sales pressure
Customers are valued and customer experience is important
Manager Retail Lending (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 November 2017
Branch network is a great place to work. The values are lived and breathed and managers are interested in helping staff progress. Flexibility is great.
Friendly but professional working environment
Banking Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Australia6 November 2017
Friendly but professional working environment. The managers are very supporting and gives employees opportunities to grow in the banking industries. Regular meetings are conducted to keep employees updated with the changes happening around.
Pros
Supporting mangers, lot of employee benefits and encourages employees to grow in industries.
Great company
Small Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 November 2017
A good company to work for as long as you're happy to negotiate your way through all the personalities which can be more stressful than the role. Overall a great company to work for.
Pros
Always get paid, security, rewards staff for achievements
Cons
Micromanaging, stressful
Wish I didn’t have to leave - redundancy
Area Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 November 2017
Started in the Bank straight after school. Have completed many of the roles in the retail side of the Bank. Although some days can be long working in the branches the Bank is embracing technology and these long days are dwindling. Support roles offer flexibility and work/life balance.
sales driven bank
Customer service specialist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC1 November 2017
Work environment based on sales and targets .

when other staff are away due to illness the Bank avoids finding a replacement .

A great deal of staff movement

working environment is dependent on the Manager

do not get roster day off as other banks allow for
Sell sell sell
Customer Service / Teller (Former Employee) –  Rundle Mall SA1 November 2017
When I first started with the bank as a teller I had to refer 3-4 customers each day. It could be to an investment banker, lender, net banking (when it first started), credit card etc but it shortly grew to about 7/ day. working in the branch that I did (alot of business banking and customers that did not use us as the normal branch) I found it sometimes hard to refer people when although it may be good for them, they didn't really come into the city for that reason and didn't have time
Pros
City
Cons
hard to reach sales targets in branch
Hard working and customer focused team
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Perth WA31 October 2017
The branch I work is always very busy as we are in quite a central location. Collaboration and working as a team is very important to ensure we do not have long wait times, unhappy customers and stressed out staff members. Management do have a high expectation of every employee as it is a bank and there can be strict policies and guidelines to follow. Identifying customers correctly is of the upmost importance due to privacy. I have learned to work with large amounts of cash and also to be very vigilant in regards to my work and privacy of other customers. The hardest part is of course, you work for a bank and with that can come very aggressive customers. Conflict is never nice but it also something you learn to deal with effectively. The most enjoyable part with this job and any job I have had, is getting to talk to others. Meeting people from all walks of life. Learning about them and their lives especially with the regular customers we have.
Pros
Every Friday is shared morning tea
Cons
Stressful busy periods
Dedication and integrity
Inclearing Exchange Clerk (Former Employee) –  Batman street, West Melbourne30 October 2017
Able to comply with standard required by the company which is complaint to standard government compliance. Less supervision and able to adapt o finish the job requirements. To achieve the most highest standard quality of work in order no violation to occur for smooth flow of work. Management always do the best in giving cognition of a job well done.
Pros
Free BBQ and movie tickets quarterly
Cons
no room for error
Workplace
Financial Solutions Assistance Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 October 2017
Collaborative and fun.
Management is very supportive.
High team spirit.
Learned a lot about working in corporate environment
Work with a range of customer to enhance their financial well-being.
Pros
Large network and many opportunity to explore other roles
Cons
Processes are very well established - making work less challenging/rewarding
A Challenging Job
Banking Traineeship (Former Employee) –  Australian Capital Territory29 October 2017
I found this job to be very tough particularly as it was my first job after leaving school. I found it to be a very high pressure job but I was not particularly mature at the time.
Busy environment
Collections Officer/Case Management Officer (Former Employee) –  New South Wales25 October 2017
I learned a lot from this job. It was challenging on a day to day basis and no 2 days were the same. I enjoyed the insight and the opportunity I received to learn a job like this and have the experience i do now.
Good workplace
Customer Service Officer - Group Operations (Current Employee) –  Lidcombe NSW16 October 2017
I usually worked 8 hour days in Information Management. The workplace was very friendly but there was a lack of on-site parking.
The managers were very efficient, and were willing to adhere to the ethics of the bank.
The hardest part of the job was trying to process too many items at once. The most enjoyable was the teamwork aspect.
Pros
Free Lunches and Getting along with the team
Cons
Lack of on-site parking
Productive, Flexible and Diversified
Reconciliations Officer - Financial Operations (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW16 October 2017
A great culture within the workplace amidst a demanding environment, A thoroughly enjoyable and passionate atmosphere from a team perspective. I personally had a great rapport with colleagues and business units alike, and also took pride in being a constant point of reference whenever assistance was required, being reliable, dependable and conscientious, whilst upholding the organisation's commitment to customer service excellence. Communication and collaboration were imperative to sustain customer satisfaction, professionally maintained as a daily priority. Managing a reasonable work/life balance was definitely a highlight, fitting in outdoor lunchtime exercise whether it would be running, bike riding or playing social touch footy and basketball, or else regular indoor activities such as table tennis in the recreation room, reading newspapers/magazines/books in the office library during occasional standard breaks. I learned a great deal of resilience, perseverance and adaptability throughout the complexities of my specific role and tasks, gaining confidence and knowledgeable skills as per self-development, hence my longevity and experience being a personal achievement in itself despite my minimal qualifications having never obtained a degree/diploma, beforehand.
Productive and friendly place to work
Remediation Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 October 2017
CBA is a professional, team-oriented, productive place to work. Friendly culture gives zero working stress, positive work environment gives motivation to work hard.
Commonwealth Bank of Australia is an excellent company.
Dispute Officer/Settlement Officer (Former Employee) –  Lidcombe NSW1 October 2017
This bank is a number bank in Australia. They provide the best benefit to all the employees especially the banking needs of everyone. They provide equal opportunity to all the employees.
Excellent culture
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney27 September 2017
Fantastic organisation, where one feels valued. The management strive for an inclusive organisation. I enjoyed participating in the multiple charity events the company supported.
good cuture
Multi-Skill Corporate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 September 2017
enjoyed working at commonwealth bank, vibrant and enjoyable place to work with a good work life balance. challenging but rewarding, great team and very supportive
it was an excellent experience
General customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 September 2017
I was exposed to many new experiences of a the call centre and broaden my horizon of skills and ways of looking at things. The job culture there is great as well and the staff are always wanting to help you improve while being super motivated and driven them selves.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
job can be quite stressful
Lots of responsibility with low pay
Commonwealth Bank teller (Former Employee) –  Boort VIC13 September 2017
It is hard work with a lot of responsibility and low pay. The only other thing is security. I felt unprotected against a robbery. The training is substandard and you are thrown onto the front counter with very little knowledge.
Pros
Community respect as a bank teller
Cons
The possibility of a robery

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Commonwealth Bank. Our community is ready to answer.