Computershare Employee Reviews

Old fashioned employer
Manager - Corporate Services (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 August 2017
Typical day : very busy work environment. Quality is of the highest importance.

Learning : not so well defined career pathway

Management: Directive and Controlled leadership style.

Culture: Friendly among peers

Hardest Part : Sometimes uncertainty

Enjoyable: sense of achievement when accomplishing something without any guidance.
Pros
Flexible working arrangement
Productive working environment
Leading Hand/Mailing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ermington NSW28 February 2017
Prioritizing the days job, allocating staff with their work for the day, running the mailing machine.I learned how to run a machinery and other equipment. The management is very supportive with everyone. The workplace culture is positive and safe in every way as the management always giving us time to work under OH&S policy. The hardest part of the job is when the machine broke down and you have to meet a deadline for that day and cannot do anything about it but to wait for the technicians to fix the problem.The most enjoyable part of the job is we always have the chance to learn new trades as the management always support the people who wants to learn new trades.
Pros
Permanent with all the benefits
Cons
we know its a dying trade
Overal the Brisbane environment excellent
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 February 2017
A solid day of work. Review day to day workloads, file processing.

Looking for strategic opportunities within existing client bases.
Assisting team to achieve their goals
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Driven by southern states inadequacies
Great Opportunities - No abiltity to use them
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 August 2016
There are plenty of opportunities to learn about the finance industry. If a career in this industry is what you want, working there will teach you all you need to know.

Probably, depending on where you work, things are relatively stress free. There are plenty of good people there, who have a great wealth of experience.
Pros
Many opportunities to learn and improve.
Cons
Financial contraints limit what can be done.
Productive and fun working
Customer service Representative/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 July 2016
Typical day would be talking to customers give them information about the shares and provide them assistance. Lots of data entry on customer queries to customers shares. Good company to work.
Pros
free lunch on every Fridays
Cons
not so good money
An inclusive and forward thinking workplace which strives to deliver best outcomes for customers and stakeholders.
Billing Officer (Current Employee) –  West End QLD13 April 2016
I have had a long and happy relationship with Computershare. The company has always been supportive and given me opportunites to develop my roles over the years. There are opportunities to advance, however downsizing and centralisation of operations have resulted in diminished scope of opportunity in the smaller state sites such as Brisbane. It remains a great place to work but now I am looking for a different challenge closer to home.
Pros
Social engagement and work life balance through flexibility. Incentive schemes and staff awards.
Cons
Poor salary in comparison with other organisations.
friendly atmosphere
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW29 November 2015
The people were nice. The problem was it was been taken over by another company. I was there for 3 years. The staff were hard working
Computershare
Investor Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford VIC6 November 2015
It was a great place to work. I was in the call centre & I looked after shareholders to make sure their personal details were updated & assisted with any questions they had over the phone about all products & services.
Fun workplace, complicated to keep working for them
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 November 2015
Not very interested on the people. Lots of rotation of people and working with a lot of persons in the same building, not very organized.
The weather when i was working there was terrible and it was difficult to arrive on time.
Excellent company
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, S31 August 2015
Very happy to work for this employer. I have long term prospects.

I am able to make my home to work journey by using public transport easily.
Productive, Team environment
Investor Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, Vic23 June 2015
At Computershare there were various Teams where each had different roles that impacted on other teams. I learned various roles in the company and improved my skills especially working with excel. I worked with three different teams under different Team Leaders. Each role was different and allowed me to gain more experience in each role. I originally started in the mailroom as a casual opening mail, moved on to Full time processing shares and auditing. Then on to processing various documents. I then moved to Payment support where I printed cheque payments, processed client requests and then processed direct credit payments for clients.
Pros
Team building activities and company events.
A good place to start as a freshly graduate student
Developer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC5 May 2015
Everyone in the team were helpful and I have learned a lot from the work I have done. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly and professional environment.
Pros
Good team activities and culture
Cons
Too low salary
Review of Computershare
Call Agent, Inbound (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia31 March 2015
I worked as a temp for the Medibank PSO. Very calm and relaxed working environment. Everyone is very helpful and friendly.
great staff
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC1 May 2014
the atsmosphere at Computershare was exceptional. I made some great life long friends over there
Pros
great management
Really good place to work..friendly environment with chilled out management
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne15 December 2013
Enjoyed my time here as a temp. The people I worked with were lovely and quite a relaxed environment to work in. The money was good. The hardest part of the job was getting callers who just didn't want to listen to you and had no patience but you just had to be empathetic and help them out as best you could - for the most part it was fine.
Pros
A lot of the time you could wear your casual clothes
Cons
Having the odd difficult customer
Good working environment .
Lodgement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Melbourne27 May 2013
Creating lodgement dockets for outgoing mail and parcels, loading, if needed I would operate Intel Machine for processing of documents. archiving & data entry, Manual handling of stock,
Pros
Shares within the company offered
Cons
Exciting workplace with a good mix of fun employees
Shareholder Services (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC6 May 2012
I learnt good client management and people skills as well as valuable knowledge of securities and shares.