CROSSMARK Employee Reviews

Long hours, little training.
Casual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 February 2018
Be careful how you put down your availabilities as they will fill every working hour and then some with jobs with no consideration taken for travel times or personal break times. The time frames allocated are very tight and are supposed to include time to report, be prepared to spend half your evening doing those reports. Jobs rarely fit within the time they allocated.

Fellow team members were lovely, I had no issues with anyone I worked with while I was there. I loved meeting new people and working in different environments but spending around 2 hours travelling per day and getting assigned long hours were a killer.
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Long hours, travel times
Flexible environment
Planogrammer (Current Employee) –  Everywhere20 January 2018
Able to work hours you want and when you want. Form friendships with customers that you regularly see. Team leader and manager are very supportive. Physically demanding as a lot of lifting and sometimes there is a lot of work and other times there is nothing.
Always felt part of a team
Business Development Representative SA/NT (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA15 January 2018
Great Team spirit and support from management.
Learned different style of selling they call PIOPMA
No hardest part just great challenges
Most enjoyable part is achieving results
Cons
Pay was only average and no security
Favoured are immune from consequences
Co ordinator (Former Employee) –  St Leonards NSW4 April 2017
Role has potential but induction training months after starting says it is not a focus.
Training for new staff is without any accompanying documents for reference and Mgr clearly does not enjoy this aspect of her job.
No real accountability for staff who don't measure up or are not punctual. Work is left for others to pick up the slack.
No back office tasks when phones or email traffic is low-suggestions to improve this ignored.
Actual role is simple and can be very rewarding. Work tools old and no interest in improving this. Also no interest in giving staff an appreciation of the actual tasks they will be dealing with on the phones.
Pros
Generous employee extras, social activities
Cons
Low salary, manager not interested in ways to make roles more efficient, start times VERY loose depending upon who you are
A great place to work but little advancement
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Australia4 April 2017
Crossmark will teach you everything you need to learn to do you job, however if you are looking at advancing your career or developing your skills be prepared to put in the long yards.

This is a great place to work with an excellent company culture but the divisions leave little room for career advancement once you have been employed.
Pros
Company Culture, Quarterly Events
Cons
Low Pay, Limited Developement Opportunities
Fun office environment, but demanding role
Client Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St Leonards NSW3 April 2017
Great culture in the Sydney office, lots of events, Friday night drinks etc. Good opportunities for advancement as there are always new clients coming on board.
Clients can be demanding though, and set tough deadlines, I am given a lot of autonomy to decide on my own approach.
Pros
Great culture, good people
Cons
Demanding clients and targets
Fast Paced Fun working environment
Talent Aquisition (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 April 2017
I have nearly worked at Crossmark for 4 years now, and i can say that every day i really do enjoy coming to work! I work in a fantastic team here in the head office - We mostly all have been long term employees which says alot! - we bounce off each other and have a brilliant working environment which is great especially as our work is very fast paced. In the office everyone is really friendly and has a laid back atmosphere. We have alot of social events which is a extra added bonus! The last 4 years have flown by! Love my job!
Great Work/Life balance
Planogram Rep (Current Employee) –  Perth WA20 March 2017
the company has a great work/life balance,
but for someone that has worked in FMCG Industry 6+ yrs back,
i feel they should have a better buddy system for New People or People that just need a new brush up on skills.
most are just chucked into the Planograms and with a quick speel on how to use there computer programme and after that its,
Sink or Swim.....for most.
After that......
Management & Staff are pushed to complete work/planograms in very small time frames and are always having to be time blown out....
Pros
Very Flexible- work on your time
Cons
Chucked in Sink or Swim
Great
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Armidale NSW21 December 2016
awesome job very laid back and can organise your days very easily around a busy lifestyle, the staff are very friendly and can always call for help if needed
Good job but no support from Company.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA10 November 2016
No support from company particularly if new to job.
No understanding and double standards as it suits.
Disappointing . The job itself can be good but dealing with this Company that does not support its Merchandisers puts this company in disrepute.
Shameful treatment.
Flexible work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Brisbane West QLD7 October 2016
Working with Crossmark is great. I enjoythe flexibility of the job and being able to manage it on my own.

Management is fantastic and always willing to help out where they can. I work with a small team which is easy to manage.

The only negatives I have to mention are that there is no advancing within the company and the job is very casual. During the Christmas peroid there is not much work at all which makes it quite difficult.

Overall I enjoy working for Crossmark and would recommened this job to parents, or someone just looking for a casual job and not to much stress in life and take each day as it comes.
Pros
Flexible, manage your own time, perfect for anyone with kids
Cons
Not many hours, casual only, no advancing
Great place to work! Excellent culture
CLIENT EXPERIENCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 October 2016
Amazing company, long hours but very enjoyable. All divisions & people are fun to work with. Manager's are really engaging & supportive. Great team & great clients.
Pros
Cultural events & supportive managers
Cons
Long hrs
Given responsibility and accountability to succeed
Executive (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 September 2016
I'm empowered to make decisions using the resources around me. The company is big enough to really effect the market and small enough that I can make an impact and cause positive change through self-created initiatives.
Pros
Great work culture and career progression
Cons
Not in the city!
I loved my time working for Crossmark.
Casual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Parkes NSW8 September 2016
I really enjoyed my position. I worked alone but still part of a team. I found the work challenging and was able to use my creative skills. I enjoyed working with the staff in my store and if I ever had a problem I couldn't fix my supervisor was only a phone call away.
Take the right attitude and you will learn more that you thought possible
Manager (Current Employee) –  St Leonards NSW11 May 2016
CROSSMARK has an impressive, global leading client base. Its a great opportunity to get exposure to a wealth of awesome brands.

From drinks in the kitchen every Friday to regular social events - if you want to combine fun, friends and work this is a great place to work.
Pros
Social culture & flat structure
Cons
High demand from clients
great job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Morley WA31 March 2016
very flexible hours, report jobs via store tack app, reporting takes more time than it should especially if you have lots of photos to load
Pros
work to suit your own schedule
Cons
merchandise being delivered to home, sometimes it piles up, you need a room for storage
Co-workers, staff and management are friendly, approachable.
Merchandiser / Plan-o - grammer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich City QLD and surrounding areas19 November 2015
re-arranging products/stock according to a particular layout
printing new tickets and placing them in their new position
delete and reduce stock
fill stock and face up..... make sure looked well presented
Pros
basically your own boss, work at own pace and at your discretion
Cons
company situated in America so hard to contact supervisors, pay clerks etc
If you want to be disappointed check in here
N/A (Current Employee) –  Head Office17 September 2015
Crossmark provides the presumption it has a vibrant culture however it's overshadowed by political agendas and managers who have been in their roles to long. You aren't provided with the training you need nor the tools you require. I wouldn't waste my career working here
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
political
Travel time not paid
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sydney20 July 2015
Travel time not paid.. Also your klms are googled and even if you go back to stores they only cover klms for one call. Ninety per cent of the Point of Sale material is delivered to your home, it becomes a warehouse.
Pros
variety of tasks
Cons
no travel time paid
Loved my Boss and Social Aspect
SALES AND MARKETING (Former Employee) –  SYDNEY31 May 2015
Dealing with Client
Executing Planning
Mapping out retail stores
Nationally Managing Field Team
KPI Driven
Collaborating with other agencies to execute campaigns nationally
Bringing in new business
Liaising with Buyers and planners of retail stores such as Target, Big W, Harvey Norman
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, Political

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CROSSMARK. Our community is ready to answer.