David Jones Employee Reviews

Work Culture
Logistics and Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 January 2018
David Jones has a healthy environment where employees are always motivated, happy and healthy. I enjoy working at David Jones as it is perfect for someone who are studying at the same time. The company fosters diversity and inclusion, too.
Productive and good teamwork
Visual merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 January 2018
I think that my experience in David Jones helped me to discover a world where the details of the products in the store is very important and for my VM experience.
Its about the people
Visual Merchandiser Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burwood NSW22 January 2018
If you are flexible and willing to learn, while taking every shift available; as you look after them, they will look after you.
I've meet some very cool people in this place, friendships that last a lift time. If you work hard and enjoy the team that you work with, then you can be doing anything (and I mean anything; tagging clothing, filling, dealing with customer complaints etc) and still be laughing all day.
Pros
Friendships that you make and the discount
Cons
Lack of staff
Productive and a fun atmosphere to work in.
SALES CONSULTANT, VISUAL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Miranda NSW17 January 2018
Over all, employment atmosphere was very professional but at the same time very fun out going bunch of people which made you come to work and understood that when it was time to work you worked, when it was time to play after work hours you played and had a great time getting to know the staff and family of David Jones Miranda
Pros
Hour Break
Cons
Very Busy at certain times of the day which toke you of gard.
Productive and friendly workplace
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA2 January 2018
Typical day at work is busy and full on with a range of benefits to come at the end of it. Hardest part of the job would be apprehending aged offenders.
Great company to work for
Personal Assistant to CIO (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW1 January 2018
2015-Current
As a Personal Assistant I provide support for business related activities and ensure that I am professional and courteous in all of my interactions whilst maintaining the highest level of confidentiality. In my role I interact with a broader team of executive assistants across the business nationally and I endeavour to foster close relationships that support me in undertaking my job effectively. I project manage the IT team of approximately 140 staff with day to day requirements within the business.
Terrible place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 December 2017
Poor pay poor hours , most management are corrupt and thieving at the North Ryde Store, The HR department are useless and think they are too important , Most of the Loss prevention officers in the suburbs are as bad as the thieves. Most Store management are just dumb and cluless.
Pros
Cons
HR dept are scum
Great environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA7 December 2017
The staff all work together and create a good atmosphere. Conveniently located a short walk from the Adelaide train station, and benefits and discounts are quite good. Training provided for staff is tailored depending on tasks and requirements .
Productive and fun place.
Logistics Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW1 December 2017
I have learned many things from this job:
1. how to handle and and work in different situations
2. how to deal with customer
3. self confidence

The place is really outstanding and enjoyable.
Pros
Employees are like good friends
Good honest work
Visual Merchandiser Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 November 2017
A fun environment to work. Plenty of overtime and a great supportive team to work with. Not as hectic as working in the flagship store in Sydney, but as rewarding in the long run.
Pros
I could walk to work.
Cons
great team members and managers, great atmosphere
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Woden ACT13 November 2017
typical day involved focusing on any stock that was required to be done. during the hours of 11-3 customer service and sales was our main priority. after that, tidying and more stock work was again the focus. hardest party of the job was trying to sell the idea of signing up for store cards to customers as well as keeping on top of acquiring customer emails.
Pros
good break hours, great managers
Cons
trying to sign customers up for store cards
Logistic Assistant review
Logistics Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 November 2017
Fulfillment center in Sydney. They have good managers, good people to work with, can be busy during seasonal sales. A lot of staff discounts and staff benefits.
workplace
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney29 October 2017
I have worked here for almost 7 years and it provides great opportunities and experiences. It is a company that has had many changes over the years and is heading in the right direction.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Open 7 days a week
very professional and friendly working environment
Sales Representative (Men's Fashion) (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 October 2017
One of the best working experiences i've had, as retail is a passion for me, the staff is very professional and welcoming, i learnt a lot in the retail industry that will definitely help me in the future
Pros
had 2 of my friends working with me
Cons
getting to the location of work wasnt as easy
productive and effective
Cashier/ Drinks maker (Current Employee) –  Perth WA5 October 2017
During my time for David Jones, I have learnt to have responsibilities with customer service tasks. This has also helped to have strengthened my ability to multitask.
Too much stress and not enough support
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Karrinyup WA30 September 2017
Fun culture
good experience
discount
sales and product knowledge

Not much management support
very stressful environment
expected to work unpaid hours
All staff are lovely people
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Booragoon WA28 September 2017
Friendly place to work. All staff are helpful and customer service focused. I enjoy my work as it involves a lot of interaction with staff and customers.
Pros
20% staff discount
Cons
Management could use more inter personnel training
Retail
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Chermside QLD18 September 2017
Many different brands under one roof. A typical day includes Administration duties, watching CCTV footage and preventing Loss and Theft of merchandise.
excellent team work and work ethic
Childrens Department Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chermside QLD31 July 2017
There was initial training given on the working practices of David Jones. When in the workplace there was continual support and training should it be required. Team members genuinely seemed to like working there it was a good working culture
Pros
good benefits and Staff discounts
Cons
Selling the store card
Good workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woden ACT1 July 2017
A pleasant place to work with supportive management and a good team environment. Bonuses available for those who achieved KPIs, and great staff discounts on products.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
High pressure sale environment to sell credit cards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Jones. Our community is ready to answer.