David Jones Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Retail
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Chermside QLD18 September 2017
Many different brands under one roof. A typical day includes Administration duties, watching CCTV footage and preventing Loss and Theft of merchandise.
excellent team work and work ethic
Childrens Department Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chermside QLD31 July 2017
There was initial training given on the working practices of David Jones. When in the workplace there was continual support and training should it be required. Team members genuinely seemed to like working there it was a good working culture
Pros
good benefits and Staff discounts
Cons
Selling the store card
friendly
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 June 2017
i am so happy and satisfied to work with David Jones. it is a friendly environment, work comfortable, learning scope and good management.

i got many scope to learn many new work.
Pros
friendly enviorment
Ambiente de comunidad, social, multicultural
Responsable de ventas (Former Employee) –  Sydney26 June 2017
La suma importancia de la venta al detalle, trato individualizado y profesional de cada cliente, servicio de consultoría
Uniformed security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 June 2017
Was there for people to see that they were being observed during a busy shopping period .
Hopefully put off a few shop lifters.
Not there too long but it was an ok job.
Pros
as above
Cons
no cons
Management was disgusting at this store
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Centre NSW15 June 2017
A really bad environment to work in. While employees on the same level were mostly great to work with, management is the worst I've seen in any retail environment.

There is no support, no humanity and definitely no respect for anyone but themselves. This attitude stands for all levels of management in this store.

Extremely understaffed and over worked employees. Would avoid this store in particular.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Awful management
Good company and sales potential
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 June 2017
Good place to work, friendly people good sales.
Start work and discover the sales target for the day.
Make sure administration tasks and pays have been done.
Open store and begin day to sell items to customers.
Make sure there is not new stock to come to floor for sales.
Lunch break
Continue sales then reset registers
Close store
Pros
Staff discount
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Castle Towers NSW7 June 2017
Lovely people to work with! Customers are great too! I've learnt so much at David Jones as they regularly hold training sessions on Customer Service and WHS to keep us and the customers safe.
Typical retail job with little benefits
Sales Assistant (Part-Time/Casual) (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park, New South Wales20 May 2017
Management was an issue in this workplace. Advancement in the company was near impossible. Not a positive workplace. Loved serving customers otherwise.
Pros
Great colleagues.
Cons
Not positive work environment
great company
RETAIL SALES - FASHION CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT15 May 2017
awesome people. work and great fashions. great culture David Jones has and staff discounts, very friendly team environment and team building exercises
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
Hard work constantly on your feet
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hornsby NSW14 May 2017
Long hours, Working through lunch breaks but good work culture with everyone willing to help out in different departments. Positive is once work was finished it stayed at work.
Pros
Team events
Cons
A great journey with a lot of learning
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 May 2017
Working in David Jones not only gives you the reputation but also teaches you many important things related to you and your surrounding. David Jones has helped me learn brands and accessories from different places of the world and their worth in terms of material and in terms of customer preferences. Not long ago I used to wonder why these brand shops had such high prices. Now, that perspective has changed and gone for good as I have seen the products of each brand and how unique they are from one another in terms of material, heritage etc. Moreover, David Jones taught me the appropriate attitude for dealing with customers. It has taught me the right etiquette to be more presentable in front of people. I guess the lessons that I have taken from David Jones outweighs the challenges on the job.
Productive and fun workplace.
Interior CAD Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 May 2017
A typical day starts with Project updates from the Planners & Designers.
Learnt the Interior design process for Retail sector, along with fit-out & fixture details.
Good management to oversee the progress.
Friendly culture.
Productive and fun
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miranda NSW17 April 2017
Working at David Jones provides you with a lot of opportunities to develop your interpersonal and professional skills for future employment. It is a positive work environment and very productive.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Karrinyup WA11 April 2017
I enjoy working at David Jones I have worked in all stores and am now at Karrinyup. The store needs refurbishment but the team and managers are all great to work with and I have a great team in menswear . Everyone in this store helps each other and we sometimes help in other departments . Overall the store feels like a family . Nice products to sell and lots of product training .
Pros
Great team and managers . Staff discount is great
Cons
Old store that needs repairs
Very driven management
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Ringwood VIC8 April 2017
Very rewarding company providing advancement opportunities to those who want it. They do push Am ex. way too hard targeting people who can least afford it.

Very friendly and supportive staff.
Pros
Good staff discount
Very large yet friendly management
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia6 April 2017
1) Very nice work place culture promoting diversity and equality.
2) Assisting new juniors in smooth transition at the new work place and providing continuous feedback
bad
Christmas casual sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Karrinyup WA4 April 2017
Not very organised, no good communication between employers and employees. Not a lot of progression. Not the best working environment can very long days on your feet.
Pros
Discount
Cons
everything else
David Jones has a vibrant atmospher and you learn many different skills. The salary is good and people who work there are professional.
Retail Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW3 April 2017
I loved working for David Jones. They provided extensive and proactive training and I was working in the area I wanted.
You get to meet so many different walks of life and you know your working for a company that follows rules and meets its expectations.
Pros
Invitations to particular parties, chance to meet Miranda Kerrs brother, chance to meet celebrities and insight on fashion and beauty plus staff discounts.
Cons
Not enough hours and a drop in sales.
ok
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW29 March 2017
Depending on what floor you work on, I believe the Managers and Supervisors make the difference on your work day, some people do stock and others just make sales and hog tills.......

They know which counters make money and which ones are an island..... Stuck in no mans land ? staying in your Zone ? I have never been in customer service where I stay in my Zone, I want my customer to have a full experience so I will stay until they are satisfied and ready to give me their email number or to sign up for a card and handover their money.

Dont give up, some colleagues work five hours and never touch a rail of stock or a trolley full of new products, we know who we are !!!!

Hang in there while looking for another job !!!!! I am !!!!!
Pros
days off
Cons
weekends and public holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Jones. Our community is ready to answer.