David Jones Pay & Benefits reviews

Too much stress and not enough support
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Karrinyup WA30 September 2017
Fun culture
good experience
discount
sales and product knowledge

Not much management support
very stressful environment
expected to work unpaid hours
excellent team work and work ethic
Childrens Department Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chermside QLD31 July 2017
There was initial training given on the working practices of David Jones. When in the workplace there was continual support and training should it be required. Team members genuinely seemed to like working there it was a good working culture
Pros
good benefits and Staff discounts
Cons
Selling the store card
Hard work constantly on your feet
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hornsby NSW14 May 2017
Long hours, Working through lunch breaks but good work culture with everyone willing to help out in different departments. Positive is once work was finished it stayed at work.
Pros
Team events
Cons
bad
Christmas casual sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Karrinyup WA4 April 2017
Not very organised, no good communication between employers and employees. Not a lot of progression. Not the best working environment can very long days on your feet.
Pros
Discount
Cons
everything else
Great company to grow with
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Claremont WA30 June 2016
I really enjoy my job at DJs. The section I work at is equipped with an amazing team. My manager is just the best I can imagine. She is always friendly, respects your private live outside of DJs and takes good care of the whole team. That also goes for all the other managers and the Store-Manager himself! The brands I get to work with are trendy and up-to-date, which makes it easy to sell the to the desired target group. Even tough everyone says they put pressure on you with the Amex and so on, I can not agree. If you do realise what benefits they have, it makes it easy to introduce them to the customer! Overall a very good company to grow with as an employee.
Pros
Good salary, good staff discounts, great team, great management!
Fast-pace environment
Retail Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  South Australia13 June 2015
high sales volume required
Achieved departments highest average monthly sales
Intensive training provided
Good team work environment
Pros
incentive benefits
Good work life balance at the time.
Barista & Waitress (Former Employee) –  Toombul, QLD12 March 2015
Were very good to me at the time of my personal situation. Would have liked a more permanent role. Good work conditions. Nice people to work with.
Pros
Enjoyable to work thers.
Cons
Not enough work and wages.
Great work environment!
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bondi Junction, NSW9 February 2015
Working at David Jones has been a wonderful experience. The hours are good and the work life balance is decent. Management is fabulous, they are very supportive and work very hard. The hardest part about this job is the month of December- the hours are long and the customers are rude but it all pays off because the time you have for holiday is amazing!
Fast paced and demanding work life.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC14 January 2014
Punctuality most important. On the job learning includes sales angles and pitches, dispute resolution and effective time management. Working with experienced, knowledgeable colleagues, the hardest part of the job is working through the holidays or otherwise very busy times.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low rate of pay
A nice culture and pleasant working enviroment.
Executive Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Adelaide South Australia - the city store4 December 2013
A typical day at work - is beginning with Sales Managers morning meeting then to the floor to engage with all staff and conduct morning meeting, mentioning how we are tracking with daily/weekly sales budgets for the department and also how staff are tracking with individual sales productivity targets. We also discuss daily tasks to be performed and ensure the number one focus is customer service! The morning also entails daily managing of staff connect (virtually managing pay roll for staff we are responsible for under our management) updating coaching plans etc.

On the floor between 12-2pm running the floor and ensuring our customers are being served, leading by example and delegating where necessary. On the job one on one coaching is a focus for underperformers and recognition for a job well done for all performers, it is imperative to recognize and praise for a job well done etc.
Always ensuring our staff are following all company policy and procedures.

Learnings - to always have and keep a positive outlook in everything you do, achieve results through others and to lead by example.

Co-workers - to build and maintain good relations with all co - workers on all levels and to gain respect and to give respect.

The hardest part of the job - would be performance managing underperformers out of the business (but this is a necessary to be successful and achieve all KPI's an KRA's).

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you performance manage a staff member and there is an improvement then they go onto achieve there budgets etc. I enjoy empowering people
  more... to achieve set targets and goals. Last but not least I enjoy the feeling of success and achieving in all aspects of the business.

Our company have competencies we follow and one that stands out to me is 'Results through Others' this is the key to success and I believe the best way to achieve this is to Lead by Example, treat all people with respect, delegate, diplomacy, a positive attitude and passion for what you do!!
Pros
A pleasant working enviroment.
Cons
Lacks in the area of Job Work/Life Balance.
Great Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW6 September 2012
Company is nice and the pay is decent however it all depands on who you work with and who the managers are. During my time there, the turnover for managers was crazy; new one every week it seemed.