Design and Build Recruitment Employee Reviews

D&B - Successful, Professional & Fun - Place to be!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 March 2017
I have been with D&B for just over a year now & definitely the best employer I have worked for. They offer all staff every tool needed in order to build and maintain a successful brand. Ongoing training, development & career opportunities are always on offer, with support from managers and senior consultants to develop to be the best consultant within your industry.
Everyone at D&B is experienced, knowledgeable and some of the hardest workers I have come across, along with being a fun, easy-going environment to work within.
Multiple business events a year to celebrate team successes, monthly drinks, gym memberships and 7 hour work days are just some of the benefits.
Overall a great company to be apart of.
Pros
2 hour lunch breaks, Monthly Drinks, Fun company events, Generous leave entitlements
Cons
Hard to think of any....
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 March 2017
D&B is a great place to work with an excellent work/life balance, coupled with an excellent culture within the office. After starting work here I have been given both support, but also autonomy to develop the desk, with the benefit of a well established database and various social media tools.

The 2 hour lunch breaks make it easy to make use of the free gym membership and stay healthy through the week!
Pros
2 hour lunch breaks, free gym membership, great culture.
Cons
Genuinelly can't think of any.
Amazing Perks and Supportive Culture
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 March 2017
I have been with Design & Build for three years and I love it here.

The management team are extremely supportive of career progression, the staff are friendly and welcoming, and the perks offered are one of a kind (not many businesses can say they get to fly interstate to celebrate End of Financial Year and Christmas!).

I am lucky to have found such a great workplace and be a part of such a brilliant team.
Pros
Supportive Management, Great Office Culture, Corporate Gym Membership, 2 Hour Lunch Breaks
Outstanding Employers
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 March 2017
I thoroughly enjoy coming to work every day, not only do I work with a large team of dedicated and specialised recruiters I am supported in my role and my goals for the future.

Design & Build really do invest in their staff, they reward us for our efforts and always make sure we know we are appreciated. In return all they expect is 110% commitment and dedication from us.

I am proud to work for this company and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to work for a fantastic brand.
Pros
Two hour lunch breaks, Great Incventives, Gym Membership
Flexible, supportive and financially rewarding business
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 March 2017
I have worked for a number of recruitment businesses both large and smaller boutique ones and Design and Build is by far the best I have worked for and probably will work for when it comes to recruitment agencies.

They have a great brand for candidate and client attraction, give you all the tools to be successful and earn excellent commission that is always paid when targets are achieved.

The culture within the business is very supportive and flexible, you manage your own desk your own way with the support from the Directors and team managers.

Could not think of a better recruitment business to work for!
Pros
2 hours lunch break, 35 hour work weeks, flexible with leave 30 + days each year, social events, office and team rewards for exceeding budgets
Cons
Can't think of any
Employee of D&B
Senior Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 March 2017
I have been working with Design & Build Recruitment since 2015 & have advanced in my career steadily since. Andrew McGregor has supported me in strengthening my client relationships & ensuring I am provided with constant training in my field. The culture is supportive & vibrant!
Pros
two hour lunch, free gym membership, supportive management team
Cons
No working from home policy
Great Culture at D & B!
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC1 March 2017
I have been working for Design and Build for just short of a year and I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it!

Working with such a great supportive team of people makes the job easy!

Everyone that works here really does specialise in their field and has great knowledge and experience in what they do.

I have learned to manage my time better as a recruiter by working with recruiters with over 10 years experience!

Fantastic work-life balance.
Pros
2 hour lunch breaks, gym membership, sociable team & great office culture
D&B - professional, rewarding + excellent banter
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC28 February 2017
If you're looking to work with real people without big, swinging ego's then D&B is the place to be for your recruitment career. The benefits are market leading, the workplaces are excellent and your colleagues are professional, respectful and fun to work alongside. You'll have excellent support from management. If you're used to KPI's and managers breathing down your neck, D&B will change your perception of recruitment. You'll be left to work hard and earn money for yourself and the business. You'll be rewarded well financially, but you'll also share group success with the business through multiple events throughout the year and monthly pay-day drinks.

After you've shoveled the proverbial at the big agencies and learned the ropes, get in touch with D&B to find out what real recruitment is like.
Pros
2 hour lunch, free gym membership, regular social events, excellent commission structure, market leading presence across their key sectors.
Cons
Hard to think of any
D&b
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne28 February 2017
Coming from a big company into a smaller one, you see the difference in how hard D&B consultants work and go out of their way to make sure their candidates are looked after.
And also the management look after you and make you feel like part of the team, they don't treat you like you are just a number.
Great benefits and a lovely bunch to work for and be recruited by!
Pros
Gym membership, quarterly breakfasts, payday drinks, casual fridays
Work / Life Balance
Managing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 February 2017
I have worked in recruitment for 12 years and I am pleased to be part of such a hard working team. Innovative thinking company and a team of consultants constantly striving to be the best we can be.

Industry leaders in our field, setting trends across recruitment practice and social presence. Supportive management with a clear vision for growth.

Fantastic work / life balance, generous holidays and realistic working hours.
Pros
35 days + holiday
Cons
Desk based job
Supportive working enviornment and awesome perks
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  CBD26 February 2017
Design & Build has been a very supportive employer to me. I originally worked with the company in 2006 until 2011 at which time I left to start a family. In 2017 I rejoined Design & Build as I was ready to return to the workforce in a full time capacity. The management at Design & Build has always been very supportive and was open to making changes to my role over time which allowed me to suceed. As an experienced Consultant I have been given the autonomy to work independently however I feel very comfortable to ask for advice when needed. A career in recruitment offers a lot of highs and lows and Design & Build are very good at keeping morale high during the hard times and rewarding sucess during the good times.
Pros
Excellent commission structure, 2 hour lunch breaks, 30 days holidays, lots of social events
Cons
Nothing stands out
Awesome recruitment business.
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne26 February 2017
Design & Build are an established & well known recruiter within the design, civil, commercial & residential construction & local government sector.

One of the best recruitment companies I have worked for, they care about staff welfare (mentally & physically), offering all staff gym membership, 2 hour lunch breaks, Business Coach and regular team building days. I doubt that there is another recruiter in Melbourne/Sydney or Brisbane that has a professional, respectful & fun team culture like that of Design & Build.

Design & Build are highly active via all social media & give you every available tool to recruit well and to be a success. Nothing seem to be a problem & Management are transparent & very approachable.
Pros
2 hour lunch break, quarterly team breakfast, pay day team events, EOFY company event in Melbourne (hotel/Dinner) Christmas Party (Sydney) Access to Business Coach, work/life balance - 7 hour work days, latest mobile phones
Cons
seriously can't think of any
D&B - The Place To Be
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney26 February 2017
It's a great, friendly, fun environment here at D&B and a great place to work.
They've taught me to be a much better recruiter systematically and the management is good.
The culture is second to none and easily the best place I have worked, they really do look after their employees.
The hardest part of the job would be the getting used to how another company does things however once you do it is easy and by far the most enjoyable part of the job is the people. It really is a good bunch.
Pros
2 hour lunches, gym membership, fantastic company events, fun environment
Cons
Limited autonomy
Great focus on work life balance
Recuitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 February 2017
Have worked with the business for over 5 years.

Really focused on getting the culture right and balance between working hard and personal life also.

Have definitely modernised over past 2-3 years. Good focus on representing candidates and clients fairly.
Pros
2 hour lunch, gym membership, 30 days leave, pay day drinks, open and honest culture.
Cons
Training a little slower but have got better over past 12 months.