Domino's Employee Reviews

Busy Workplace with Questionable Management
Pizza Maker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT18 February 2018
A typical day at work is preparing for the night ahead by sorting out the make line, preparing dough and also preparing sides. Eventually customers would start flooding in. On a Friday and Saturday night it would be extremely busy with some staff being called in to assist.

I learned a lot about hospitality and how overwhelming it can be.

The management was poor as on busy nights we would switch station to a more unfamiliar environment causing pizzas to be held up in the oven leaving the customers angry and unsatisfied as we had to tell them what happened.
Pros
Discounts for staff members, introduction to hospitality
Cons
Not many shifts, shifts are only at night, very busy
fun workplace
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 February 2018
very enjoyable work place.
fun, energetic team.
great hours that suited my personal life and other priorities i had. was nice to take home left over pizza.
Work was fun
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Menai NSW15 February 2018
Workplace was fun and enjoyable although working hours clashes with life and a fair balance between the two wasn't visible. Work was enjoyable and customers were easy to communicate with. Pay slips weren't given and my pay lowered as I turned older and I wasn't previously told about my pay change only from checking my bank statements.
Pros
Wasn't draining work
Cons
Hours weren't acceptable
pizza
Dough Preparation (Former Employee) –  Eaton WA14 February 2018
its a good job, it was enjoyable and the manager i worked under was approachable and friendly, but the workplace feels cramped due to the high number of driver staff
Pros
pizza
low pay and short shift hours
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT13 February 2018
the managers where terrible although they have left now yelled at staff and had others yelling all around the food preparation area in front of customers most shifts where only 2-3 and a half hours long not very comforting job had a couple people I worked with get robbed whilst delivering
Pros
staff discount
Cons
short hours
Bad Management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 February 2018
The store I worked for was run by like 3 different young adults who'd clearly never been trained on how to manage people. Conflicting responsibilities and expectations, poor pay and pressure to beat everyone else at what they're doing in order to get shifts rather than work as a team.
Pros
Short Shifts
Cons
No shifts
Goof job for young highschool student
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Hampton Park VIC8 February 2018
They gave me a lot of hours after school and weekends, gave me free pizza and training. I enjoyed the job and got along with most employees. There were usually many employees on so the workload was shared.
Pros
Free pizza
Terrible Workplace
Instore (Former Employee) –  Mooloolaba QLD7 February 2018
Worked as an instore, managment is terrible, rosters realeased the day before shift, alot of pressure on young staff, lazy managers, lazy instore who you would have to double your workload to compensate for their laziness with zero recognition, extremely short shifts, never finish on time, allowed breaks but had to ask manager who would get mad if you took them, late shifts, very rude customers, insanely busy (200+ pizza every half an hour during peaks which puts stupid amounts of pressure on pizza making staff and cutters. No staff facilities (bath room, break room ect). Rosters posted on facebook. Poor health and safety (grey ham, pit cheese on supremes)lifting large stacks of hot pans which results in burning arms as glove are terrible. No trust in staff (verbally abused by customer over the phone when a coupon was expired and manager gave them a free pizza and blamed me when the customer said i wasnt helpful). Worst working experience ever (you have to pay for your uniforms)
Pros
Cons
Lazy staff and managment, bad hours, rude customers, stupid amounts of pressure on staff during peaks, unstable working environment and rostering
Very Good Experience
In-store (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 February 2018
Earned endless learning skills in the hospitality area, and learnt a majority of my customer service from here. The only difficult task to commit to when your a 15 year old girl is the weekend working hours.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Weekend night shifts
Completely unprofressional
Shift Runner / Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD6 February 2018
No chance of advancing, No pay increases for higher roles with the company, No benefits for using your own vehicle. Management are quite rude. If your car breaks down or gets into an accident on the way to and from work or at work they will not help you to fix it they will tell you it is your problem
Pros
Cons
not enough pay to cover wear and tear on your vehicle, No chance of advancing in the company, Rude management
Good place to start.
Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver NT4 February 2018
A good place to start working for young people.
Nice driving job.
Good staff and procedures.
You can excel in the business and get some skills out of it if you want.
Pros
Easy satifying job, good for learning the ropes in retail and delivery.
Cons
Working on Weekends.
Quite abit Of pressure put on team members. Not a fun place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Redfern NSW4 February 2018
Hey I love the game and it’s very good but it needs to work more and then it’s fine and it’s fun and I can’t do it I just don’t have the time I need it I can have a look good and then I can get you. <——- this is completely irrelevant I just don’t have nice things to say about my experience there
Pros
Cons
Rude people constantly. Inconsiderate
Mainly served customers, delivered pizzas and had cleaning duties.
Delivery Expert (Former Employee) –  Rooty Hill NSW3 February 2018
A typical day at work would include me making dough (if i did a morning shift), delivery, making pizzas, taking customer orders by phone and in person.

I have learned some customer service skill through taking orders and resolving customer complaints.

For me the management was quite poor for the staff as some members were receiving a lot more hours than others and most staff members were casuals. I would only received 1-2 shifts a week and I was not able to receive days off when I wanted as when I did take days off the manager would not roster me for the next few weeks.

The hardest part of the job would be dealing with customer complaints as sometimes I am unsure how to resolve their complaints. Also delivering pizza late at night is also difficult.

The most enjoyable part of my job was perhaps enjoying delivery and the being part of the dominos team.
Pros
Extra payment when taken delivery
Cons
Not enough shifts
management is always great
Front counter customer service (Former Employee) –  Esperance WA3 February 2018
Dominos is always a fun place to be your you get treated like family, when I started working there I was so scared but my boss made me feel so welcomed all the staff were great, The staff are always 100% making customers happy
Pros
Discount
Cons
Late nights
An Alright Workplace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Sunnybank QLD2 February 2018
The work it self is nothing hard or stressful. It's quite easy and quick to pick up. The major problem is the Agreement/Award the workers are under. Poor Pay and Little to no penalty rates are awarded. The whole pay situation is quite poorly set up and this is what drives people away from working there. Not enough money to live life while having a social life or having further study happening.
Pros
Not much really
Cons
Pay rates
Pretty Fun, too unstable
Delivery Expert (Former Employee) –  Paddington QLD2 February 2018
The work environment at Domino's is healthy and everyone seems to get along (to an extent). The combination of fluctuating traffic at stores, poor pay and shiftwork makes working at Domino's impractical for if you have regular time commitments or complete availability.
not bad
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Launceston TAS31 January 2018
friendly , always able to choose when to work and when not to, although parts of this job still feel like there exploiting young workers for minimum wage
Poor
Team Member/ Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Shailer Park QLD31 January 2018
Employees were treated as slaves. Worse place to work at. Never received any benefits. No job security. Employees were replaced instantly. Managers were rude, harsh and intrusive
Pros
It was a fun workplace, with cool people.
DELIEVEY EXPERT (Current Employee) –  Munno Para SA29 January 2018
A very fun job everyday, with good vibes from co-workers. I have learnt alot of things, from self-development to life lessons. All managers to a great job to keep employees and customers satisfied. However, the payment really sucks, horrible pay. Owner will do anything to minimize your pay. One of the life lessons i have learnt is that to never work with a company that has a very arrogant and selfish owner/manager. The hardest part of the job is definitely dealing with stubborn customers complaints, where the customer is obvious wrong, and explaining their mistakes takes away millions of brain cells away from your brain. Most enjoyable part is to have a laugh with the co-workers, the only thing that kept me for this long.
Pros
Discount on items. eg: pizzas
Cons
Horrible Pay
Deliever Expert (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia29 January 2018
I had an amazing experience working at Domino's Zetland, great team, great managers and good culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K