EB Games Employee Reviews

Good first job
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  West Lakes SA20 June 2017
Interesting and challenging. Always evolving and advancing. Challenging product knowledge. Friendly environment. Good experience for a first job. Flexible.
Cons
Needed more female staff
Supportive management, fun and enjoyable environment, 10/10 workplace
Gold Coast - Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Robina Town Centre QLD17 April 2017
Fantastic place to work. The only fault I can find is the hours which can be very limited outside of holiday periods. Otherwise incredible company to work for, best environment I've been lucky enough to land a job in ever.
Pros
Great discounts, supportive management
Cons
Limited hours outside of holiday periods
productive & fun workplace
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 February 2017
I enjoyed working here for the short time I did, it opened my eyes in retail. I loved the people I worked with. I would definitely work here again. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working with a medium I have a passion for
Pros
free merchandise from time to time
Cons
I didn't like being extra happy all the time
Great company to work for!
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Maribyrnong VIC18 February 2017
10 Years as a casual employee. Had many managers that were fair and worked hard at their job. Pay rate is fair for the work, very flexible hours.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Competitive Atmosphere
Great team,good communication enjoy customer service.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Singleton NSW15 February 2017
Average day i enjoy my work with other worker. finish all my task taking on new challenges. succeeding goals interacting with others.
Eb Games Review Summary
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Busselton WA12 February 2017
Eb games was a wonderful place for me to flourish in the customer service world as i was in an environment i was extremely comfortable and knowledgeable about.

A Typical Day AT Work

A typical day at work was only usually three hour shifts but occasionally id get the luxury of having a 12 hour day where id really have an amazing time so ill get started with that. i would start disable the alarm and set up the tills counting the required set amounts of money into each till then id clean thoroughly before opening to the public, then the day would usually go by in a heart beat and id just do upkeep around the store including restocking the shelves, gutting new games, attending to each customers needs, finding certain items for certain customer,and phone calls all the regular things. then id vacuum and clean more when the customers start to die down at the end of the day. then id count the tills after closing put the excess in the safe and lock up ready for the next day.

What You Learned

i have definitely learnt how to do banking, money handling, opening and closing, computer skills and customer service skills.

management at first was amazing but she eventually and to leave and the end of it was far less desirable as id get blamed for how messy and unorganised his work spaces were including rubbish and food by regional management. but the first manager always mad me happy and taught me everything i needed to know so thats why i loved the job so much.

Workplace Culture

mostly video games and pop culture.

The Hardest Part Of The Job

definitely
  more... dealing with difficult customers

The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job

Definitely getting to sell something i used to be passionate about
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
Slack Coworkers
Sales Assistant Experience
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD11 December 2016
I had to mostly serve customers and present the store so that customers were able to see all current promotions and assist them to easily find a product that they were looking for. The store manager I worked with was great and so were the other workers, The hardest part of working there was losing my job for unjust reason as the area manager wanted to get rid of male's working in the workplace, I enjoyed serving customers a lot.
Encouraging workforce and management with excellent employee validation and appreciation shown regularly.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA6 December 2016
Challenging but fulfilling job, enjoyable and exciting. Your successes and achievements are celebrated and congratulated, mistakes are learnt from and your manager actively helps you to learn how to do something properly until you're comfortable on your own.
Very productive and organised. Fun working environment.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Helensvale QLD23 November 2016
The store was very productive and organised. It was a fast paced job with the right amount of fun to keep the team motivated.

I found the hardest part of the job was getting used to the different exchange rate but the best part was dealing with customers that were just as interested in the items we sold as myself.
Pros
Being allowed to borrow games.
Cons
Working over Christmas holidays.
Fun and inspirational!
Sales Associate/2IC - Current (Current Employee) –  Toormina NSW21 November 2016
I love EB Games! It is a fun work environment with its own challenges. Most people believe its all fun and games at Eb for staff but it is a sales and customer service role just like most retail outlets.
I enjoy the environment and speaking with customers about something I love and helping them where I can.
The hardest part of the job, I think would be problem customers. Thats the same with any workplace ever, however you still have to deal with dishonest people and its not fun. In saying that you get that in every industry everywhere and it is just part of being a person in customer service.
The best part would be the excitement of new games and consoles and having fun at launches etc.
I recommend EB to juniors seeking retail and customer service experience as eb does offer a great level up program.
Pros
fun environment, good training.
Cons
not many hours.
Great colleagues, average company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  NSW North Coast NSW13 November 2016
The people you get to work with are great. The company can be quite demanding. Asking for tasks to be completed in unreasonable times frames with no real support.
EB Games
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford QLD6 November 2016
Terrible management, treats employees poorly. Forced to recruit a lot of people, yet can only give them 3 hours a week, and force unpaid overtime.
Pros
Gaming industry
Cons
Terrible hours due to low budget, yet still recruits a lot of members. Managers known to be terrible towards employees.
Great work place environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bateau Bay NSW22 October 2016
The environment at my work place is always smiles and laughs, helping one another out with sales, promotions, or another other need of help. Work is always a happy environment and makes me look forward to working every single shift.
With the help of my co-workers I learn new ways to promote products, handle customers etc. Management is always willing to lend a hand in multiple ways until they have found the appropriate help needed.
Although it's hard sometimes due to only receiving a few amount of shifts, which leads me to not reaching my full potential of learning new skills or acquire a higher role.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Few shifts
epic work place
senior sales representative specialising (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT25 August 2016
super awesome place so happy i work there it is fantastic I've made so many friends there its such a great place. would recommend to anyone who wants a job there
Fantastic culture and a great place to get Retail Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Lincoln SA12 August 2016
EB Games is fantastic for people who are looking to get into the retail workforce. They are extremely flexible for hours, pay rates and advancement in your career.
Pros
Excellent work culture and great customers
Cons
Not enough Hours
Incredable team and amazing management
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD15 July 2016
With flexible hours, amazing colleagues and the best manager I've ever known. EB Games has made me grow as an individual and has so far been an amazing experience.
Pros
Play and research games
Cons
Fun workplace with great managers
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD28 May 2016
A typical day of work as a sales assistant required me to sort through merchandise, prepare and maintain arrangements within the store, help with customer queries and complete any task required of me by management. I learned how to up sell, how to politely talk to customers with sincerity, I gained a retail mindset and learned how to set up arrangements to be appealing to customers. My co-workers constantly pushed me to do better within my job and management gave me the support to grow in my job and become better. The hardest part of the job was knowing that I wasn't going to be kept on for an extended amount of time due to the store budget not being able to afford it. This position meant that management did not have any plans for me to have a chance at a higher position within the company and did not teach me certain skills or allowed me to do certain tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was definatly working amongst great people doing something that I loved which was talking about video games and making sales. Every time I made a sale I got a little adrenaline rush which made me strive to do better and to make bigger sales, in the hope that I could be kept on the job team.
Pros
Co-workers, Managers, doing something that I enjoyed
Cons
knowing that I was not being taught certain skills, knowing I would not be working there in the future
Great work place, Is like a big family
Senior sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alice Springs NT19 May 2016
A typical work day for me recently consists of Me doing the opening procedure in the morning, opening the store and serving customers while also doing additional jobs like 'gutting games' (removing discs from cases and labeling both the cover and disc, then placing the disc in the drawers and alphabetizing them) As well as finalizing cartons and making sure all stock is there before putting it out, or separating it into particular groups and dividing the tasks between staff members. The other staff members are lovely to work with and are fantastic people with great senses of humor.
Pros
working with a great team and feeling apart of a big family
Cons
Not a lot of hours
fun and fast paced but not reliable
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD18 May 2016
i loved working for the company, interacting with new people and enjoyed my job but the hours i was being supplied were not enough and i never had a reliable roster.
Pros
staff discounts, fun environvent, something i was passionate about
Cons
unsteady roster
Friendly and productive work environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 April 2016
EB Games provides a friendly and productive work environment. The workers are easy to get along with and even though i had never worked before, i was given responsibility as a trusted member of the team. The toughest part of the job was learning to talk to people and learning to supervise, although this was also the most enjoyable part of the job. It gave me the opportunity to learn and gain experience for the future.