EB Games Employee Reviews

Very busy workplace
Job Role- Picker Packer (Former Employee) –  Eagle Farm QLD14 January 2018
I'd be mainly packing boxes all day with items for the stores around Australia. I learned how to work fast and effectively throughout my days working there. The management was pretty helpful with everything that I had asked. The hardest part was being able to put items into the boxes due to my height, but the most enjoyable was making boxes at the end of the day.
Fun and Engauging
Staff (Former Employee) –  Traralgon VIC5 January 2018
There was routine and working with your partner, duties were split up and shared. Customers were fun and interested an it was worth the effort. KPI's are important and was the hardest part for me since im not one to push additional sales.
Pros
Fun topic
Cons
KPIs and pushing add on sales
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 December 2017
Great job to have if you’re studying and need something cAsual, even better if you share a love for the product and want to workyour way up in the company
Lively and helpful management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 December 2017
A day at EB Games is fun and full of learning as the management is helpful and extremely talented at what they do. I meet and serve new people and that is the best thing about the job. The only area they can improve in, is the number of shifts they give for the employee.
What's it like working at EB Games
Senior Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raymond Terrace NSW25 November 2017
Eb Games is a lovely place to work, the people are great and very professional, but if you're expecting to get a full time job here, you can count yourself out. Saving money is what Eb Games is about, cutting shifts and even not giving you any will happen in a heartbeat.
You will not get a full time job here unless you have been with the company for YEARS, and a younger casual will more than likely replace you.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Shifts
fun
Sales (Former Employee) –  Maroubra NSW24 November 2017
i got to talk about games and to be able to learn the important skill of being able to talk to customers as well as being ale to work a phone and deal with stock
Pros
games
Cons
repetitive
It is a good place to work at and learn new things about games
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Gawler SA28 August 2017
Eb games is a good place to get help with your xbox if it is not working or your game and the workers are really nice and that eb games would be a great place to work at.
Great for an entry level job
Assistant Manager / Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC15 August 2017
It was a wonderful feeling going to work and being able to discuss and help our people who have the same passions and interests as you.
The kinship between employees is truly a great way to make friends!
Pros
staff discount!
Cons
sexism
Exciting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Emerald QLD24 July 2017
Never a dull moment working at EB Games. There's always a fun conversation to be had and everyone is happy to work there. The hardest part is having to learn about new games but who doesn't like that.
Pros
Chill environment
Cons
Not many hours
Great place to work at
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kawana QLD28 June 2017
Still remains my favourite job to this day. I loved working here because the staff are always friendly and share a passion for video games and will regularly strike up conversations about them.
Good first job
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  West Lakes SA20 June 2017
Interesting and challenging. Always evolving and advancing. Challenging product knowledge. Friendly environment. Good experience for a first job. Flexible.
Cons
Needed more female staff
Supportive management, fun and enjoyable environment, 10/10 workplace
Gold Coast - Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Robina Town Centre QLD17 April 2017
Fantastic place to work. The only fault I can find is the hours which can be very limited outside of holiday periods. Otherwise incredible company to work for, best environment I've been lucky enough to land a job in ever.
Pros
Great discounts, supportive management
Cons
Limited hours outside of holiday periods
productive & fun workplace
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 February 2017
I enjoyed working here for the short time I did, it opened my eyes in retail. I loved the people I worked with. I would definitely work here again. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working with a medium I have a passion for
Pros
free merchandise from time to time
Cons
I didn't like being extra happy all the time
Great company to work for!
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Maribyrnong VIC18 February 2017
10 Years as a casual employee. Had many managers that were fair and worked hard at their job. Pay rate is fair for the work, very flexible hours.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Competitive Atmosphere
Great team,good communication enjoy customer service.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Singleton NSW15 February 2017
Average day i enjoy my work with other worker. finish all my task taking on new challenges. succeeding goals interacting with others.
Eb Games Review Summary
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Busselton WA12 February 2017
Eb games was a wonderful place for me to flourish in the customer service world as i was in an environment i was extremely comfortable and knowledgeable about.

A Typical Day AT Work

A typical day at work was only usually three hour shifts but occasionally id get the luxury of having a 12 hour day where id really have an amazing time so ill get started with that. i would start disable the alarm and set up the tills counting the required set amounts of money into each till then id clean thoroughly before opening to the public, then the day would usually go by in a heart beat and id just do upkeep around the store including restocking the shelves, gutting new games, attending to each customers needs, finding certain items for certain customer,and phone calls all the regular things. then id vacuum and clean more when the customers start to die down at the end of the day. then id count the tills after closing put the excess in the safe and lock up ready for the next day.

What You Learned

i have definitely learnt how to do banking, money handling, opening and closing, computer skills and customer service skills.

management at first was amazing but she eventually and to leave and the end of it was far less desirable as id get blamed for how messy and unorganised his work spaces were including rubbish and food by regional management. but the first manager always mad me happy and taught me everything i needed to know so thats why i loved the job so much.

Workplace Culture

mostly video games and pop culture.

The Hardest Part Of The Job

definitely
  more... dealing with difficult customers

The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job

Definitely getting to sell something i used to be passionate about
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
Slack Coworkers
Sales Assistant Experience
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD11 December 2016
I had to mostly serve customers and present the store so that customers were able to see all current promotions and assist them to easily find a product that they were looking for. The store manager I worked with was great and so were the other workers, The hardest part of working there was losing my job for unjust reason as the area manager wanted to get rid of male's working in the workplace, I enjoyed serving customers a lot.
Encouraging workforce and management with excellent employee validation and appreciation shown regularly.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA6 December 2016
Challenging but fulfilling job, enjoyable and exciting. Your successes and achievements are celebrated and congratulated, mistakes are learnt from and your manager actively helps you to learn how to do something properly until you're comfortable on your own.
Very productive and organised. Fun working environment.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Helensvale QLD23 November 2016
The store was very productive and organised. It was a fast paced job with the right amount of fun to keep the team motivated.

I found the hardest part of the job was getting used to the different exchange rate but the best part was dealing with customers that were just as interested in the items we sold as myself.
Pros
Being allowed to borrow games.
Cons
Working over Christmas holidays.
Fun and inspirational!
Sales Associate/2IC - Current (Current Employee) –  Toormina NSW21 November 2016
I love EB Games! It is a fun work environment with its own challenges. Most people believe its all fun and games at Eb for staff but it is a sales and customer service role just like most retail outlets.
I enjoy the environment and speaking with customers about something I love and helping them where I can.
The hardest part of the job, I think would be problem customers. Thats the same with any workplace ever, however you still have to deal with dishonest people and its not fun. In saying that you get that in every industry everywhere and it is just part of being a person in customer service.
The best part would be the excitement of new games and consoles and having fun at launches etc.
I recommend EB to juniors seeking retail and customer service experience as eb does offer a great level up program.
Pros
fun environment, good training.
Cons
not many hours.