ELDERCARE Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Feel good job
carer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA6 June 2017
Start 3pm help residents go to bathroom.
Spend time with them before their dinner.
Assist with evening meal
Assist and prepare the residents for bed
I learnt that every day is different and compassion keeps the residents smiling
Management wanted our input but never took action on it.
Widely cultual it didnt make a difference to teamwork
The parting as i accumulate grandies then lose them.
Making the residents smile and laugh and enjoy their day
Pros
Friends
Cons
Cut shifts and hours and still had to fit the work load into less time and no pay increase
Happy, lively and respectful
General Practice NP (visits weekly) (Current Employee) –  Seaford SA2 June 2015
As a weekly visiting GP Nurse Practitioner to Seaford I am forever witnessing excellent nursing care and attitudes by staff and cheerful happy residents, most taking part in Lifestyle activities.
I honestly feel part of the team there. I'd strongly recommend working for Eldercare
Poor understanding by senior executives of what is required by the sites and just how busy it is.
Administration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eastwood, SA15 April 2015
Due to an organisational review all Administration Coordinators have been made redundant and are being replaced with a Business Manager with a Degree to cover 2 sites. I loved my job. I had a good team, a great site manager and a busy productive office. It has all been a learning source from day 1. The hardest part of the job has been this latest review and knowing that despite completing 2 Diplomas this last year, it is not enough to secure my job. I don't believe you can replace experience with a new Graduate who has no knowledge of aged care. I have been in the industry a long time and I would have dearly loved to stay just a little longer.
Pros
Salary Sacrifice
Cons
Insufficient funding from the Government to help run aged care.
Wonderful work employees
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SA2 December 2014
I have built considerable knowledge and expertise over the last 8 years in Human Recourses and Recruitment. My skills have been applied within the areas of Health, Corporate and Professional Services and Local Government. Prior to this I have built significant administrative experience as an Executive Assistant. I am a professional, reliable and ambitious person motivated by a drive for excellence and success. I have a proven capacity to meet performance expectations and successfully build rapport and trust with clients and can work within a team or autonomously to embrace new challenges.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Continuous long hours
My job is amazing because everyday I'm helping people to have better quality of life.
Personal care worker (Current Employee) –  Seaford,26 October 2014
A typical day at work I have to deal with situations that the normal people wouldn't I have to shower dress and feed people. Working with people with dementia no day is that same so saying a typical day at work doesn't really apply for me since no day is the same. The management at my work are lovely people who are very understanding and have quickly became what seems like a family over the years. The hardest part of my job is when you spend every moment of the day with a person caring for all there needs to one day see them die in front of your eyes. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I'm helping people to have a better quality of life for the short time they have left in this world.
Pros
The family environment
Cons
Limited staff on.
did aged care for 11 years liked the people i looked after but diliked many of the workers and there ethics.
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  adelaide5 March 2014
Interact with the elderly or the disabled. write up notes shower clean and housekeeping.
loved it
Lifestyle assistant (Former Employee) –  Gawler, SA9 January 2014
I absolutely loved my time at eldercare, it was amazing to see the pride the staff take in their work, especially the lifestyle department
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing

Want to know more about ELDERCARE?

Ask a question