Fantastic Furniture Employee Reviews

It was a easy job
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Fairfield NSW3 November 2017
I was picking up pallets and sorting out the difrent sizes with forklift and cleaning up after the container and truck loaders it was a easy job some times loading trucks
Pros
easy job
Cons
money wasnt any good
Good place to begin your carrer
SALESPERSON (Former Employee) –  Fyshwick ACT20 October 2017
Over all a good company to work for they recognize your importance and contribution of the sales you have given the company.
I thoroughly enjoyed my 5 years of productive sales in this company. I just wanted to mention they also have a very good work envioronment. A ver good company to work for.
Pros
Very good in outgoing parties
Cons
No long hours at all
Great work atmosphere, positive incentives and team effort.
Sales Trainer and Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 September 2017
On the sales floor it was upbeat, usually a steady pace of activity and a team effort. End of day close up was to leave everything ready to start a new day, fresh and organised.
I was exposed to all the product benefits, stock purchasing, stocktake, seasonal products, promotions, ordering timeframes, deliveries and a whole lot more.
I saw a lot more at Head Office regarding management. FF had a strong team effort and motivational events were evident. The culture always strived for constant improvement but would offer tools to help individuals meet these goals.
Perhaps the hardest part of the job when I was on the sales floor would have been dealing with such customers who are wanting high end furniture in a value for money furniture store.
As the sales trainer, at times it was tough to motivate employees who only saw a job at FF as a pay packet and them not taking any pride in their ability to do well.
I enjoyed many aspects of my positions at FF. I must admit being able to help a customer achieve the look and feel they wanted for their home with our products was great. Being able to offer some creative input for those customers who are unsure what to put together was fun.
Excellent work colleagues
Sales member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC21 September 2017
home/work life balance favours the work side, You are expected to work most weekends and rarely do you get 2 consecutive days off. management not that approachable when it comes to helping their staff out.
Pros
good friendships
Cons
weekend work
Do not consider a job with this company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fantastic Furniture Capalaba9 September 2017
Terrible place to work. No team work and staff are not valued or looked after by management. Policies and procedures such as work place bullying are not followed and if such a problem arises management don't want to know about it. Poor customer service and after sales service. Not a place I could stay working at as I found it difficult to lower my standards to work here.
Good work enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fairfield NSW28 August 2017
Good work environment great team to work with time weren't that flexible for me but for a first job it was a good experience . my pay wasn't what I expected for the job
Fun workplace
Sales Representative And Store Man (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 August 2017
Good work environment, nice people to work with. It was a very full day working all the time, I totally enjoyed the work that I did it sometimes had its challenges but was nothing I couldn't handle
Pros
Backward company
Cons
Fun workplace
Productive, Fun, Rewarding place to work for.
Senior Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sydney-Perth26 July 2017
for me it was an excellent place to grow, I started in sales in their Caringbah Store and within 11 months was promoted to Visual merchandiser and after some amazing years of working around Australia in various FF Stores was promoted to Project Manager.

I was given an amazing opportunity to not only get paid for something I love doing but to travel this amazing country for nearly 9 years of my life.
Pros
amazing oportunities
Cons
very long hours
Great store teams, difficult to advance
Area Leader Victoria/Southern NSW (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 June 2017
Enjoy the team environment, the parties the company puts on celebrating success. Communication could be better, area managers are good to work for....
Pros
Great store teams
Cons
Becoming too corporate
Fun work place
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD15 May 2017
Was a great experience had learnt a lot good company great people to work with. It was a good experience talking to customers working with customers organising stuff on the computer and doing stock take over all the people I work with was good management didn't agree with some of the things that I had approach them with but other than that it was a really good company to work with.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
Management is not best when it comes to safely
Vibrant and creative workplace
Area Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  NSW North Coast NSW15 March 2017
A typical day at work

Walk showroom with store manager, discuss plans made prior and work to be done during time spent in store

Carry out work, with staff involvement, delegate, write to do list for staff to improve quality and presentation of store, Analyse sales performance of new and existing products and make day to day decisions on their position on the showroom floor

Walk through with manager at days end explain your actions and get feedback, let the manager know about plans for future visits

The job it self is self rewarding, the freedom of the role is enjoyable and the ability to get creative and forward thinking. The hardest part is the long hours and extended time away from family.
Productive and Fun
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 March 2017
Best employer with clear vision and strategies formulated for success . Great team with friendly atmosphere at the same time very task oriented. Motivation and training provided by management to improve skills.
Pros
Bonus, Picnic, Sporting Activities and Frequent Cash Awards for achieving target
Fast paced, tense, scary, but some co-workers were friendly
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Fairfield NSW27 February 2017
Work was fast paced and if you couldn't keep up there was risk of complaints and eventually being fired, but everyone understood the workload was big so there wasn't much face to lose if you hadn't completed it on time or as fast as others. Some co-workers were quiet while others very friendly and it made the view on the workplace change and it motivated me to improve as an employee to stay around a warming workplace with such individuals.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long, hard hours.
Fast paced customer service orientation
Super Sales Star (Current Employee) –  Griffith NSW23 February 2017
Love the customer service aspect. Not convinced on the upper management styles above store level and whether they have ever worked on the floor working with our gorgeous customers and their realistic expectations.
Cons
Extremely long hours and working three full weekends a month
Outfitting new furniture store
storeperson/labourer (Former Employee) –  Thomastown VIC22 February 2017
Erecting shelving storage areas for incoming stock, unloading new stock from transporters, storing of stock correctly. Assembly of some stock for use in showroom floor.
If you like retail
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 January 2017
Great company if you love retail, Good for fitness , salary is ok , management is ok , culture is ok .

if you enjoy working with customer this is a good place
Fun environment providing the right team
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Munno Para SA23 January 2017
its a very clique group, they don't really like "outsiders'' which is sad because there is such a high staff turn over because of this. selling the job as a family friendly company but they genuinely don't care unless its the work family only and not personal family outside of the company. Could be better there is a silver lining if they have the right team to manager the store, that could lead by example. its promising
Pros
Could be great if the practice their cultural beliefs of how they would like ot to be.
Cons
Requires excess free time for meeting, early start and later closes to cash up, plenty of people on and not normally making breaks a priorty
fun work places to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA18 December 2016
start work do the to do list I did injoy working with my co works we all got along it was hard word be I loved the people I worked with and loved helping customers find what they need for there homes
Pros
need money to help my daughter at school
Cons
earning my own money
Good work place
Administrator/ stock controller (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW11 November 2016
Productive and Successful Company
sales member (Former Employee) –  Launceston TAS7 October 2016
I loved my time at Fantastic Furniture, a great culture, good incentives and bonuses!!
It is a 9-5 job, the only downside is that you need to work weekends in order to have the best chance of hitting commission base, which if you're a student like I was, isn't bad!! The base rate is great and the commission is just a bonus.
Pros
Free food at meetings
Cons
Always have to perform