Foot Locker Employee Reviews

Productive work place
STORE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Shellharbour Square NSW12 November 2017
hardest part of working here would have to be maintaining merchandise displays due to the fact that some customers always moving items to different shelfs other then that I loved this job
Pros
50% crew voucher
Cons
rude customers
Was Fired as a casual
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Werribee Plaza VIC4 September 2017
Very unprofessional work place ( Werribee Plaza )
Manager would swear in front of Customers.
Was accused of Stealing till the found the second in charge manager was stealing. No apology for this matter.
I would stay back helping the stores promotion with buying items with my own money to Fix the store and signage without ever being appreciated or when asked to stay back overtime was not paid.

I got fired along with other staff when my manager decided to leave that day.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Wheres the Union ?
Fun work placement , Easy Job , Friendly team mates & customers
retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Dee Why - Sydney Australia3 September 2017
Working at footlocker was a pleasure to be. My own opinion for anyone that's finding a job for the first time is footlocker would be a nice place to work at. My first day working i felt very welcomed & comfortable working in the placement , because they had shifts for me after school & in the weekend when i asked for extra hours. I loved& enjoyed working in footlocker and i will be more then happy to work at footlocker again maybe in New Zealand this time.
Pros
Free lunch breaks
Cons
Long hours was the best i loved them!
Corporate Nightmare
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Not disclosed31 August 2017
Workplace culture here is very intimidating. My ex manager intimidated me and bullied me while working there and liaised with higher powers (head office etc), and therefore I could not report his behaviour without risking my job. Be cautious.
Pros
comfortable uniform, get along well with other associates, staff discount
Cons
pyramid management, intense work periods, head office involved in everything
Great staff benefits and training programs
Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NZ18 April 2017
Great staff benefits and training programs like minded people with a passion for the industry and the brand and the culture. Hardest part at the time of employment was hours(weren't enough) and breaks were subject to availability
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Not enough hours at the time of employment
A great environment to be in good co-workers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA1 April 2017
Always busy serving customers and sorting out the products for sale, setting up shelves with shoes and clothes. I learned to serve customers, set up the shop also did a bit of visual merchandising. Great. Taught me a lot. Always clean and tidy, nothing out of place. Climbing the ladders. Serving all the different kinds of customers.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Change in management
enjoyed working with the teams fun and fast paced environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 March 2017
enjoyed working with the teams fun and fast paced environment,great training programs involved with the role, training nights and staff benefits where good
The workplace had a good environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maroochydore QLD15 December 2016
The job was very fun helping out with customers and helping with my maneger in the back and had an overall good experience with the workers, I even picked up a few skills in the customer service area and learnt a lot during the time of my work experience.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Long periods of standing
Great pay.
sales-associate (Former Employee) –  Perth WA13 September 2016
I enjoyed working here. The responsibilities were good to keep the mind busy, the people were great and the pay we great.
Good work environment with plenty of opportunity to advance with hard work.
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kotara, Charlestown, Erina15 February 2016
The people in this workplace made the job as good as it was. Every one was always happy to help and lend a hand when it was needed and if no one in your store could help you could call just about any store in Australia and know that you were going to get a hand.

The other employees were always happy and in good spirits and if I was having a bad day they would go out of their way to change that.

I recommend joining the team if you get the opportunity.
Voluntary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  qld Brisbane26 January 2016
Lovely manager, proactive and fun environment. I learnt a lot in the store about labelling and pricing including stocking as well. Enjoyed lunch breaks and very busy day, always able to help someone in need with the knowledge I was taught.
My introduction to the corporate world.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Caboolture, Australia.2 November 2015
Being employed as a manager for the Foot Locker, and my first job in Australia, was both exciting and daunting.
Typical day started with opening procedures, morning coaching with staff. Check staff roster, and store preparation. E mails from HO, orders in the system and to do new ones. Make contact with regional manager.
Everyday was a learning experience, not so much with customers, but the company, and company systems, and organisational promotions. It was vital that all company procedures and promotions were to the `T`.
Management were supportive, and especially HR. Plus, there was great communication between store managers. The company offered in house training on all aspects of management and store functions.
Hardest part of the job...? Nothing really. As head coach, i delegated as much as possible, and i had a very good crew that i could depend on.
I liked the work. I was learning something new everyday, and i had a little scope to try different promotional stuff in store, which gave the staff more incentive, and enjoyment, plus out store turnover was the highest it had ever been in that particular store!
Pros
Management training.
Cons
None.
positive work place
sales rep (Former Employee) –  Croydon, VIC30 June 2015
A typical day at work for me was greeting customers and helping them to find the best shoe for them. the things that i learned while at footlocker was how to interact with people while trying to sell them a shoe that they didnt know much about. The footlocker team and management are a good group of people with positive energy all the time so it was fun to be around them. The hardest part of my job was dealing with rude customers and having to keep a positive attitude, and the most enjoyable was being around the staff.
Pros
hour lunch break
Fun environment with lots of challenges
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Australia26 February 2015
Responsible for managing the day to day operations of the store, while developing and keeping my team highly motivated. Achieving sales and customer satisfaction targets and by launching initiatives and monitoring the progress of my team.
Through my time at footlocker i have learned manage a team and relate to all different people.
The hardest part of my job is that i always have to be on top of sales budgets, but i love a challenge !
The best part of my job is i get to Meet new people everyday.
Pros
working with brands i love
Productive Workplace
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD4 November 2014
Most of the time during work, I would do facing and inventory details due to the lack of clientele but in overall, I enjoyed my stay there.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Not enough customers
Productive and very fun although quiet environment
Footlocker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD23 April 2014
A typical day at work was never really very busy, it was always quiet, not many people went in. It was quite enjoyable meeting new people and their interest in branded shoes and jerseys.

Had a really nice boss, and best work mates. I learnt so much working there espiecially when it comes to tidiness and people skills.
Pros
Discount in clothing
Cons
Long slow hours
Enjoyable atmosphere
Sales Asisstant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle21 April 2014
A typical day started with cleaning the store, making sure the floors and mirrors were cleaning, dusting all shelves wiping over all surfaces.
Followed by shipping out stock as required and recieving, marking off and putting away any stock that had been recieved that day. Serving customers as they entered the store, often the store was quite empty and uneventful.
the people you work with 9 out of 10, were great people, easy to get along with, making the job somewhat more enjoyable.
Hardest part of the job definitely being the times when there were no customers nor general things to be done around the store.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of success when finalising a sale and even more so beeing able to help people that were after specific items due to specific needs.
Pros
Working with great people in store
Cons
Lack of concern for employees from HR/Head office
Fun
Sales Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD23 March 2014
started at 9 had to clean up the shop get it all ready for the day, then we would run through the goals and targets for the day. a normal days work at footlocker browns plain wasn't to busy it was an average day so most days we would just reach our taregts. my co workers were great, we had a realatively young team. but everyone was energetic and enthusiastic.
Footlocker
Sales Assistant - Southland Shopping Centre (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC22 February 2014
This company is a great place to work and I have nothing bad to say about it. I would have loved to stay there if I could but unfortunately retail wages don't support Home loans and families. Great for students and people who are still pondering what their career path will be.
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Retail wages are never that great.
fun workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Warrawong, NSW19 November 2013
it was fun to work at Footlocker, wonderful staff members, learnt a lot in Footlocker, the job was pretty easy, only thing that was hard for me was knowing all the brands about the shoes, gels etc.. I learnt a lot from Footlocker, I wouldn't mind finding a job like that again.
Pros
30mintues lunch break, 15minutes
Cons
i was casual so i didnt get long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foot Locker. Our community is ready to answer.