G8 Education Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Lead Educator (Former Employee) –  Carnegie VIC13 September 2017
This was one of the greatest centres I have ever worked in. From day one manager, staff and families welcomed me with open arms which made it very easy for me to settle in! I had an amazing manager who knew my goals and made them happen, I was constantly moving up the ladder and became a lead educator within months of working there. I made really strong bonds with the team, families and the children and was very sad to let my role go! I will definitely work for G8 again and hope that one day I can return to the same centre.
Pros
The staff & families are amazing!
natural and safe environment, great training opportunities
Casual Educator (Current Employee) –  Vaucluse NSW15 May 2017
I assisted the group leader educator in coordinating the experiences of the group of children. I worked with my colleagues to create a friendly, secure, collaborative and stimulating environment ensuring the achievement of each child’s learning objectives.
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  QLD11 May 2017
Supportive company when needing to transfer centres both intrastate and interstare.
Demanding work but very rewarding when children say your name or come to you when upset.
Pros
Interactions with children
Cons
Demanding job
Supportive and rewarding culture!
Support Office (Current Employee) –  Support Office22 February 2017
A fantastic company to start your career.

Everyone is very supportive and the employee benefits are incredible.

Thank you G8 Education for everything!!
Pros
Cons
N/a
Fun learning and teamwork
Assistant Educator (Current Employee) –  Perth8 February 2017
I enjoy working with G8 company , we work together as a teamwork I work hard to meet the needs of the children and for the G8 education. And would love to continue working in the furure
Fun
Childcare Educator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 February 2017
Was a great centre and I enjoyed working for g8 education I found them supportive and lovely people. They put a lot of effort into their centre and always supported their staff
Get greed out of childcare!
Permanent part time educator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 January 2017
G8 is a great example of the frankly disgusting culture of milking parents of money while sitting on a billion dollar business that cares nothing about staff and children, but only about money and shareholders. As a G8 employee I have gained nothing- we pay for everything, all training, work shirts, unpaid overtime, unpaid meetings (you're not a "team player" if you don 't attend)- working at home unpaid because time is not given to do it at work hours. If you don't do these things for free you are constantly threatened to be reprimanded in various ways. They cut staff to bare minimum so we are constantly having to 'fake' the numbers so we are in ratio, even though we are not. We are forced to be the cooks because they don't want to spend the money on a real cook when they quit (with staff to child ratio way over), and until very recently we were the only cleaners as well. Meaning for years we had to leave the children and a staff member by themselves to do cleaning that should have been done by professionals (cleaning that is not included in our daily duties). They don't want to hire staff that are educated due to 'higher' costs (average cost 22 AUD p/h, less than a cashier at Coles) and asking experienced university trained staff to go because they don't want to pay them their rates which are incredibly low in any regards (34AUD p/h with 4 years university training and 14 years experience). Their company motto is 'your child is our priority' - change the word 'child' with 'money' and you would be more correct. Profit and childrens well being DO NOT go hand in hand, it's a  more... dangerous gamble with precious, priceless lives.

The lack of appreciation, poor treatment and ridiculously low wages for child care educators (mainly women of course) is not just an issue within G8 and its branches- it's a problem
troughout the nation.
Pros
Lovely collegues
Cons
The whole business model and treament and disregard of staff, children and parents
Working in a childcare environment
Childcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 November 2016
A day in childcare is always enjoyable and very rewarding, sometimes it is also about teaching parent's with child's behaviour. The hardest part of the job is having to work long hours and also having to clean the whole entire centre.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
Physically and mentally draining
Great company to work for
Educator (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD27 September 2016
They have been working very hard to get a supportive network and to form a brilliant culture.

They are getting better and better, as they progress.

They congratulate you on areas that you improve in, and support you if you need it.

I would recommend G8 education to any family or friend looking for work, or even for care.
Pros
Supportive, improving
never ever work ever again for G8
manager (Former Employee) –  Western Australia18 August 2016
where do i start. i was a manager for one of G8's centres. from the go i supported my colleagues 110% but did i recieve the same support. no, no i did not. nothing but stress, they expect everything and give nothing in return. the head office are a joke, the HR people are a joke.

in summary do not work for this company if you want the keep your passion for working with children
Pros
incentives
Cons
no give and take just take take tak

Want to know more about G8 Education?

Ask a question
G8 is not about the children
Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Bayswater North VIC5 August 2016
G8 education claim that they are all about the children and providing environments for them to feel safe and supported. They do this by over crowding children in inappropriate aged rooms and force children to move up who aren't ready. They expect staff members to happily follow these unfair rules and disregard any of their feelings towards this. They only care about the money they are receiving and not the people involved in upkeeping a Childcare centre. They also don't support their educators and tell them to 'get over' any issues that arise. G8 education is not a positive workplace and i definitely don't recommend being a part of it.
Floater
Group leader, Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woree QLD4 June 2016
i am lunch relief, i have learn how to be quick on my feet and think quick. hardest part is parents and when they get up set about fees i get along with everyone at work as we are a team and i love working with children.
Pros
Making the children laugh
Cons
dont get paid much
Productive and Fun work place
Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA6 May 2016
I learned a lot from this company and they gave me a great opportunity to become a centre manager and lots of support from operations managers.
Fast Moving
Director (Former Employee) –  Gympie QLD10 April 2016
Through my time working within the G8 Education group I was given the opportunity for constant learning and development in a variety of ways. We shared ideas with other Directors through regular meetings at other services and having these Directors come to your centre to share and offer new ideas. I feel that the networking opportunity was a great way to never feel alone. G8 Education ensured that all educators were kept up to date with current information and offered training to all educators as a whole company and found ways to do these where educators could do training online at their own pace. Educators were encouraged to participate in various training opportunities.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
Fast Moving - rapid expansion
love my work environment
2IC/ Group leader (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 February 2016
my centre is a great place to work.
hardest part of the job is the children upset and remembering all the requirements neede for each day.
but it is worth is as she help the children to grow, develop and learn
Happiest place i have been in many years
Child care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW4 January 2016
I highly enjoyed being apart of the G8 family and was always well looked after, I had the chance to learn many new things through my journey. I hope to start back up the company in the near future.
Pros
Loving children, Families and Co- workers
Cons
productive and easy going environment
cert3 educator (Former Employee) –  Lithgow NSW14 December 2015
great friendly place to work. the children love being there and having fun. always something for them to do to keep them occupied.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
needs work done to the place to update it
Their business model is better suited to a different sector , staff are treated as costs that must be reduced every day
care and admin (Former Employee) –  Australia17 July 2015
Both G8 and Affinity run a business model which gives staff in a challenging job no benefits ie not being paid wages for overtime but vaguely threatens them with discipline or change of contracts if they don't work over at end of day for carer to group of children ratios at end of shifts ( staff have been expected to leave on 'leave without pay' during the day because not all children turn up (but parents are still paying) but when staff start to leave having started at 6.30 or 7am, you end up with too many children) . So staff are expected to accept their weekly wage to chop and change to suit business , but are expected to work over their shift to keep business compliant when the staff did not create the problem. This means that every day staff are sent home and parents do not realise this practice exists. Staff are not given time paid to do inductions for the business, but expected to do hours at home online. Staff in childcare have a complex role and when companies see them as liabilities to cut costs on and not important assets, morale is low and turnover high which is unhelpful to children. The workload is huge : staff clean floors and walls and windows and bathrooms,, do maintenance and gardening and work over without wages and do without breaks and are expected to work as if the centres are community centres, giving their time on weekends (treated as not team players if they expect to be paid for their time) to build gardens and clean and host fun days simply to increase profits of shareholders. G8 centres are not a community centre but a for profit business. Be  more... wary you may appear to have 37.5 hrs a week but on a part time contract you will find it flexible in the companies favour every time. They expect deluxe from staff but pay and have practices that do not enable this.  less
Pros
Cons
workloads are huge, most staff training in own hours and not paid, only one uniform pay for others and they are not cheap, pressured to take leave without pay, do tasks that should be solely looked after by others professions.
It was a wonderful and fun place to work at.
Assistant Educator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC3 June 2015
I had the most wonderful time working with G8 education.
G8 education took over the centre I was working at, I was an educator with this centre for three years before G8 took over the centre. I was an educator for g8 education for a year, all together I was with the same staff and families for 4 years.
It brings great sadness that I had to leave G8 and the wonderful staff and families as I was moving away.
I worked with the most amazing people all with different ways of educating children.

A typical day with G8 was, Great I came in said good morning to staff and then started my day of educating. Loving and supporting all the children for that day. also helping any staff that may need help.

What I learnt with g8 education is that there is not just one way of educating but many different styles, Some were new and different and took time to learn and understand, But keeping an open mind made it a little easier.
The hardest part of my job was working in the babies room, I find it difficult to work with the babies but in the end I got the hang of it and proved I could do it and did it well. ( still not my preferred room )

The best part of the job was watching all the children grow each day and knowing I was apart of it and I helped them, Also coming in and working with the staff, they are such a bright and happy group of girls who I know call my life long friends.
Most of the Staff where very friendly
Cook/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mount Gambier, SA5 July 2013
Although I enjoyed my time there, running a kitchen & cooking for anywhere from 80 to 110 children a day, without any help is very draining, especially when I had never done that before.
At times I went 6 hours without a break.
Pros
Pay was ok.
Cons
Very long days