GoodStart Early Learning Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Float Casual (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD12 February 2018
I worked at an amazing centre which then sadly the reputation went down hill. The centre lost 50percent of their staff within 6months. Due to a change in management.. The culture was amazing, everyone got along, families were happy and i loved going to work. The Area M came in and had too much control. Now i try to avoid this centre even though i need work.
Pros
lunch time, playing with kids, talking with families
Cons
Am
Fun workplace
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC6 February 2018
I enjoy accompanying the young children as they smile and play!
All well behaved and although I was just a volunteer, they grew attached to me and were all sweet enough to draw pictures of me
Decent place to work
Qualified Child Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Welshpool WA21 January 2018
I worked at several centres with goodstart. My first centre was Welshpool and I absolutely loved it there, the families were lovely and the children became my children I loved them all. The other centres were not so great I got several complaints from other workers for things I didn't do and I ended up having to leave because I felt inferior
Good company to work for
Educator Assistant (Current Employee) –  GoodStart Adelaide8 January 2018
I have been working for GoodStart for over 6 yrs ... I have enjoyed working with the families and being apart of their world to help their children grow into spiritual, knowledgable powerful beings! :)!
Pros
Great environment to work in, good up-skilling trainings available
Cons
Not enough working hours
Goodstart Early Learning Centre Mount Tamborine
Childcare Educator (Former Employee) –  Tamborine Mountain QLD8 January 2018
I really loved and enjoyed working with GoodStart, the interactions with the children were great, the interactions with the staff was challenging, unfortunately I had to leave, I would have stayed at this position if I had of completed or was studying towards my Diploma in Children's Services, this is what was required of myself but unfortunately I couldn't obtain this.
Pros
The children were the best thing about this job.
Cons
A lot of expectation ex: Paper work, Programming and not enough programming time, Observations of the children and I was the only Educator in the room, Storey Park was a tough one to keep up with, homework that was given to us from our director etc.
The workplace was spacious and enabled each child to feel comfortable.
student educator for 140hours (Former Employee) –  McKinnon VIC2 January 2018
In this center I worked in the baby's room, toddlers room,pre-kinder children and kinder children. Each experience was very good.The staff was helpful and friendly. The Staff always made sure that the children were comfortable and also were very enthusiastic about helping each child develop.
Pros
Teaching
Nasty and unprofessional South Australian recruitment team
Qualified Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  South Adelaide SA1 January 2018
Nasty recruitment team. It is who you know not what you know in South Australia Goodstart. Unprofessional recruitment team who prefer to listen to gossip than making an educated and professional choice
Pros
the children and their families
Cons
Vindictive Directors
Love
Childcare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Qld17 December 2017
I loved working for goodstart
Always doing training either on site or off site
Teacher meetings
Casual positions always available
Although if you apply for a full time position you get taken off casual
Pros
Supportive
Supportive Team
Casual Educator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC13 December 2017
Very supportive team and offers assistance for students completing work placement as well as on the floor working with the educators. Some of the teachers are genuine, hard working and love the children very much.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not a lot of available shifts
professional workplace
Childcare worker (Former Employee) –  Aberfoyle Park SA8 December 2017
as a student i learnt how to work with a team of educators, adapt to any situation easily, do a variety of different tasks which needed skills and how to care and provide for children
Good start summary
Child care worker/ assistant (Former Employee) –  Semaphore SA7 December 2017
I always had a goid day working for GoodStart. It was challenging at times but they also treated me well which made things easier. They are very culturally diverse which brings a warm feeling to each centre.
Pros
Always learning something new everyday
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Productive workplace with the innovative to have each employee grow to their full potential
Educator (Current Employee) –  Mildura VIC23 November 2017
Goodstart early learning is a full on job, there are a lot of tasks and deadlines to be met following their guidelines and procedures but they are a very inclusive work force always willing to help each employee grow and further develop.
Pros
Relationships with children, free study for employees
Things need to change
Senior educator (Former Employee) –  Queensland Gold coast20 November 2017
A very rewarding career however upper management fail to understand that at any given moment through out the day rhings can change. We could bein need of extra support in the room.Again we
tend to,be short staffed in the morning and evening which is really upsetting because parents are aware that one educator has too,many children This demeans the GOODSTART quality and is totally exhausting for educators I wonder how many parents disscuss this with in their community thus putting GOODSTART in a negative lighrt

Stress and fatigue are rampent through out centres We need extra support on a daily basis Managment need to experince the particle side of the job rather than then theory Centres are so much morethan budget and figures
Pros
Pro active challenges
Cons
Totally exhausting
Constant harrassment and bullying
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  SA13 November 2017
Management has no concerns for employee welfare, when staff stand up to management they are bullied to stay quiet to to point of physically stopping staff when calling the union or asking directors to call the them whenever certain staff go on breaks to continually harass them. After being the victim of two assaults and constant harassment I was then sent multiple requests for my resignation with no offers of support. I went from full time hours as a casual to 4 shifts in three months after I stood up for my rights.
Pros
Above award pay
Cons
Favortism, bullying, harrassment
Lovely staff, friendly environment
Room Leader - Babies (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 November 2017
It was a great experience working with good start. Children and families were so appreciative. Staff all got along well and really knew how to work together as a team.
Fun activities for the kids, passionate, friendly educators
Childcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 November 2017
Educators are lovely, everyone is hard working, positive, great at working as a team, happy and helpful educatiors that you can see are passionate and love there job. The only thing ive picked up on that could be worked on is communication but that is genuinly pretty good!
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Fun workplace very kind staff
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 October 2017
All staff are very kind and welcoming especially to work experience students.
I learned lots from working with the children in a work place environment.
Day to Day
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gympie QLD18 October 2017
Day to day work was help Group Leader set up the days learning experiences, meal times, interact with children. There is a lot of personalities but most of the workers are easy going to work with.
Pros
Can take my daughter with me if Iam called into work.
Cons
Short notice at times when they want you to work.
Great centres
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaudesert QLD5 October 2017
Before being employed I was a parent and loved taking my child there so much I managed to be able to become employed for Goodstart and loved every moment of it, great management and staff.
Pros
Friend staff
Great workplace
Skilled child care worker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 September 2017
A typical day at work starts off with opening the centre and preparing the outside equipment for the kids and providing a safe and healthy environment. I gained a high level of patience with immense love and compassion for children, gained knowledge of developing fun and interesting activitie, good communication and interpersonal skills and excellent child supervision skills.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Headaches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodStart Early Learning. Our community is ready to answer.