GoodStart Early Learning Employee Reviews

Constant harrassment and bullying
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  SA13 November 2017
Management has no concerns for employee welfare, when staff stand up to management they are bullied to stay quiet to to point of physically stopping staff when calling the union or asking directors to call the them whenever certain staff go on breaks to continually harass them. After being the victim of two assaults and constant harassment I was then sent multiple requests for my resignation with no offers of support. I went from full time hours as a casual to 4 shifts in three months after I stood up for my rights.
Pros
Above award pay
Cons
Favortism, bullying, harrassment
Lovely staff, friendly environment
Room Leader - Babies (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 November 2017
It was a great experience working with good start. Children and families were so appreciative. Staff all got along well and really knew how to work together as a team.
Fun activities for the kids, passionate, friendly educators
Childcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 November 2017
Educators are lovely, everyone is hard working, positive, great at working as a team, happy and helpful educatiors that you can see are passionate and love there job. The only thing ive picked up on that could be worked on is communication but that is genuinly pretty good!
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Fun workplace very kind staff
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 October 2017
All staff are very kind and welcoming especially to work experience students.
I learned lots from working with the children in a work place environment.
Day to Day
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gympie QLD18 October 2017
Day to day work was help Group Leader set up the days learning experiences, meal times, interact with children. There is a lot of personalities but most of the workers are easy going to work with.
Pros
Can take my daughter with me if Iam called into work.
Cons
Short notice at times when they want you to work.
Great centres
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaudesert QLD5 October 2017
Before being employed I was a parent and loved taking my child there so much I managed to be able to become employed for Goodstart and loved every moment of it, great management and staff.
Pros
Friend staff
Great workplace
Skilled child care worker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 September 2017
A typical day at work starts off with opening the centre and preparing the outside equipment for the kids and providing a safe and healthy environment. I gained a high level of patience with immense love and compassion for children, gained knowledge of developing fun and interesting activitie, good communication and interpersonal skills and excellent child supervision skills.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Headaches
Great place with great staff and kids
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury SA31 August 2017
All centres are fun, the children make the day challenging and enjoyable. Being at lots of different centres I see lots of different children and staff. I enjoy my time working within each centre
6 September 2017

We’re so pleased to hear you’re enjoying your time at Goodstart. Working with young children is so rewarding. We get to encourage their love of learning while they're making friends and having fun. Keep up the great work.

It was good
Childcare Trainee (Former Employee) –  Goulburn NSW15 August 2017
I loved doing work explication there it was good and everyone was so nice and lovely and they would help me it is a good day care I'd work there full time
Pros
I took lunch
Cons
Full time
well managed, organised
Child Care vaulenter worker (Former Employee) –  Perth WA13 August 2017
This good start early learning centre was very welcoming and friendly. They are really well managed and organised with the classrooms. They take really good care for the children and are very good at meeting their needs. initiative is a big part all workers play and overall i would definitely recommend good start early learning as a great start to your child/childs life.
Pros
organised, friendly
6 September 2017

Thanks for your review. We think our people are pretty special too.Everyone wants the best outcomes for children and we're keen to help and learn from each other. I hope you enjoyed your time with us and will come back soon.

Great place to send your children
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD11 August 2017
I have never worked at any Good Start Early Learning Centre's as of yet and i plan to one day. But i'll give a review of my experience while doing work placement there once upon a time,

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, i love everything about it, the children the staff, management and director.. it was so well organised and had everything on task, scheduled times for certain things during the day, planned activities for the children daily, every was different apart from the eating times and nap time but overall the best place to send your kids and to get recruitment.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
6 September 2017

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on work placement. Our educators are great at offering a really broad variety of learning opportunities for our youngest learners. I hope you'll make contact with us when you're looking for a position next. And if you're thinking of getting more qualifications, we offer employer-funded study options which is a great way to combine pedagogical theory with on-the-floor practice.

Effective, responsive and happy environment that create a positive outcome to the children
Childcare Educator (Former Employee) –  Croydon South VIC4 August 2017
Working with children everyday by giving and showing them love, care, support, security, safety and comfort is very rewarding job for me. Striving to become more engaging, interactive, communicative and responsive to them make me feel happy and inspired. Though it is a tough job to take care of the children especially to the children who have separation anxiety but if you have passion, love, sincere care, respect and equal treatment to each individual child, you will reap success and happiness.

The management is very supportive in giving you trainings to enhance your professional development.

The hardest part of the job for me, if your colleague is not doing their initiative, and keep looking at the time.
Pros
Great benefits to the employees especially if you have children in the centre
Cons
No overtime
Lovely place to work.
Work Placement (Current Employee) –  Coorparoo QLD1 August 2017
Its good to earn and learn I love the jobs that I work every single day. Educating children is my fashion. And I love to share what I learn to other good work experience.
lovely environment
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Wangaratta VIC30 July 2017
GoodStart early learning was a great place to be at, they take care for all their kids and their families, it is a fun environment to be in as everyone feels welcomed. it was also lovely to see the interactions with the children, they are getting the good start that they need
A lot of opportunities for professional learning and development. Good work culture, supportive team members.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Burpengary QLD17 July 2017
Good professional learning opportunities, supportive team members and managers.
The hardest- to separate work and family life [not to think about the work load and problems in a spare time].
Amazing work environment
Assistant Director/ECT/Float (Current Employee) –  Burleigh Waters QLD8 July 2017
Work in Gold Coast region. After getting to know the company as a casual for over a year I was more than happy to apply for a position. It's amazing! The staff, management and parents feel like family. I love going to work and I haven't experienced that since leaving Sydney. If you are passionate, professional and looking for an amazing not for profit company, Goodstart is your first choice.
Goodstart Early Learning
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC4 July 2017
I only worked at Goodstart Early Learning for a week, due to it being work experience, but i did enjoy the kids i worked with, not so much my coworkers. A typical day would be caring for the kids, seeing to their needs, playing with them and keeping them entertained while encouraging basic learning skills. Management was great, she was in regularly to check that everything was running smoothly and there were no problems. The hardest part of the job was the repetitive routine that was established, was extremely mind dulling. The most enjoyable part of the job was the children.
Pros
Children
Cons
Repetitive work
I am enjoying working at different centres but would like to be at one.
Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC2 July 2017
I have many good relationships with the children at all of the centres I have been working at. I get on well with all staff and avoid any in house dramas.
The current supply of resources provided by Goodstart is quite high.
Childcare Educator (Current Employee) –  Burleigh Waters QLD30 June 2017
The company has unrealistic expectations of work in an allocated time frame given. They also expect us to work Saturdays and some week days after work for no wage.
We believe this is unfair as we already work hard without much appreciation.
We are also expected to buy resources for our centre and not be reimbursed. I don't do this its frowned upon, some of us only work casual or part time so don't have many to spare.
Pros
free uniform
Cons
unrealistic expectations, don't feel backed up by management
Loved working with such a great company
Childcare Assistant/Bus Driver/Educator (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD27 June 2017
. In my time there I loved working there being part of a team and working along side some really lovely people. They made sure their staff were well looked after it was like we all were apart of a family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodStart Early Learning. Our community is ready to answer.