H&M Employee Reviews

Busy yet fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 August 2017
The job required me to work from 6am to 4pm in the afternoon for consecutive days. Despite the long and early hours, the workplace catered to our food needs, providing breakfast and lunch and necessary breaks making the job far more enjoyable and worthwhile.
Great place, pay okay, team work oriented
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  ID23 July 2017
This is a great retail place to work at. They pay quite well for sales associates. Most of the managers are supportive, friendly and approachable. The culture is very focused on team work.
Pros
strategic location
Cons
short lunch time
great people to work with and great culture, terrible pay and no incentives
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chadstone VIC23 July 2017
I have worked at H&M for 3 years and i have made several friends from working there. it is a great culture and they really do try to break free from hierarchies, being that i talk to my store manager and area mangers weekly to daily, however for a company that makes as much as it does (most likely the highest grossing store is AUS) they fail to keep staff for long periods of time due to the incredibly low pay rates, lack of incentive and a ridiculous 1 hour unpaid lunch break. despite the constantly rotating roster they do offer a reasonable staff discount on already low prices and maybe once a year give out gift cards. good job for uni students or something for the time being but anything else i would keep looking. great progression rate also for becoming a manger with a reasonable amount of internal progressions if you are full-time, part timers cannot progress or if you need a day off every weekend for sporting commitments.
Pros
discounts, culture, good management
Cons
1 hour unpaid lunch break, minimum wage, early hours
Algoods work environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Werribee VIC12 July 2017
fun environment and easy going, love the feedbacks, not your normal casual jobs if your looking for a part time full time this is a goodd place to work
Pros
good team
Cons
average Management
Great clothes
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 July 2017
dependant on which location you are based, but very hierarchical and similar to that of a high school environment, be prepared to work hard due to retail prep of the store .
Pros
employee discount
Cons
Was an okay place to work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD6 July 2017
Was nice to work there over the Christmas period, offered a lot of hours, but as time went on I was placed on a small contract with no opportunity to move up in hours, even with other people leaving the workplace. The management were good, but with the amount of hours I was receiving was forced to leave.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Not enough hours, very early starts
Seriedad y buen ambiente laboral
Asistente De Departamento (Former Employee) –  Sydney, AU15 April 2017
El dia empieza con una reunion con todo el personal donde se informa sobre las metas diarias y algunas variaciones o promociones para la tienda o simples enfoques en algunos puntos debiles asi como las direcciones necesarias del dia.
Pros
Excelente ambiente laboral
Cons
El proceso de traslado era muy largo y dificil
Better than other retail companies, but would rather be somewhere else
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 April 2017
My days are fairly busy, often switching between tidying, clearing, and serving customers.

My management is generally fairly respectful and considerate, though there have been some cases when they disregard the sales staff. They also make it difficult for the staff to plan things outside of work, as they refuse to give us scheduled shifts.

The workplace environment is very welcoming and friendly. It was easy for me to make friends and get along with my boss. My coworkers are definitely the most enjoyable part of my job.

The hardest part of my job is 'relaxing'. The store is constantly busy, and it can become overwhelming.

I've learned how floor tasks work, and I've quickly learned how to be more efficient in tidying my department.
Pros
Great staff and manager
Cons
Tend to be unorganised
Fun workplace
Full time Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Indooroopilly QLD30 March 2017
I enjoyed working for H&M very much. they have a lot of opportunities for all the people who work there. H&M is very challenging, I will admit, but I do not regret working there one bit.
H&M, beautiful idea poor salary and work life balance
Cash Office Responsible Manager (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD26 March 2017
I love my H&M family. They are the most amazing people you will find anywhere and we have always considered ourselves a big old family. I just wish the salary and work life balance was there to justify. We have extremely poor management salaries too. No annual leave loading, no overtime or RDO's for excessive hours worked, minimum public holidays and an unbalanced pay scale. My work life balance has tipped to simply work no life unfortunately and there is a lot of pressure on us to give even more. Consumerism at its best.
Pros
25% staff discount and amazing family team
Cons
Poor salary, large workload and no rest.
Great team and fast paced but with negatives
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chadstone VIC18 February 2017
Extremely past faced environment in which you will learn a lot and there is potential to grow in the company if you live and breathe the companies values. However, work/life balance is not present in this company, if you are part-time. For example, working every friday and saturday night. Full timers work on a rotating roster so they get some weekends off but part timers do not. Pay is base minimum and if you start at 18 and are part time your pay will be less than $14 an hour. Great place to work for experience, although not the most ideal place.
Pros
Fun and friendly team
Cons
Low pay and long hours
Excellent workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Perth WA15 February 2017
The day is never the same. Each day brings new and exciting adventures and learning experiences. The support of the colleagues is great. They work together as a team.
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 February 2017
Learnt a lot of skills there due to it's fast-paced nature, and opportunities for growth are always present. The most enjoyable part is working with a good team of people of all ages and having alot of flexibility there.
good working environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 January 2017
Everyday is clear rail, garment care, delivery and customer service including cashier and fitting room. I have learnt how to be a good customer service and well working under pressure with time constraint. The hardest job is to handle with difficulties customer, so this gains me to have much patient. The most enjoyable is to work with friendly team which is helping each other as one team.
Pros
improve sales and customer service
Cons
overloaded job
productive young youthful entertaining organised and forgiving work ethic
Sales Assistant (logistics team leader) (Current Employee) –  Macquarie Centre NSW22 December 2016
exciting job with young staff who are diverse and enjoy socialising and building confidence and oportunities. H&M is a growing business with endless oportunities and life long experiences. Most fun ive had in a job
Pros
free lunches on events, diverse teams, multicultural environment
Uneasy working environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bourke Street VIC19 October 2016
I was only a sales assistant, however i was responsible for numerous jobs. I was responsible for:
-Jewellery in the Accessories department.
-Visual Merchandising tasks in the Accessories department.
-Maintaining the flagship standards throughout the Accessories department.

I was trained by U.K. Support Staff members as i began working at H&M one month after its opening in Australia.

The hardest part of my job was not the work itself but having to deal with certain colleagues and managers who discriminated against my religion. Many colleagues and managers were out for their own, and sought out to cause stress for other colleagues including myself.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the responsibility my first department manager gave me. Being my first job, she placed a large amount of trust and faith in me to complete tasks that she believed i had the talent to do. Thanks to her, my confidence increased rapidly. I enjoyed working under her as she gave me numerous opportunities to succeed in my work and gave me the utmost credit for my work.
Sales Adviser, Part time/Full-time (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 October 2016
Being a sales adviser in this company means working hard as a team and focusing on costumers. Working towards keeping it simple, constant improvement and those we are one team is my main priority at H&M. Learning a lot about selling what is available today, upselling and meeting customers at the cashdesk.
A very fun workplace with amazing co workers
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 March 2016
Everyday at H&M was very busy as it has a fast paced environment.
I learned a lot about the company and also became a good team player. We had a lot of group activities so I build a good relation with my co workers. The hardest part of the job was time management which I maintained very well. What I enjoyed the most was interacting with the customers.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
late night shifts
Easy,comfortable working environment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joondalup WA13 March 2016
Beautiful working environment, just not enough hours.
Co-workers were all lovely and friendly and has been my favourite job to date.
Good for a short period of time
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA9 March 2016
Good over summer but can get hectic, very slow during days shifts for those who do not have school unless are able to make cakes. Young staff mean good relationships

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.