HP
4,113 reviews

HP Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Case Manager (Former Employee), Burwood, VICFebruary 25, 2015
Hard working job, many programs to learn and use. Great outdoor area for sitting. Cafe onsite with great food and coffee.
IT support corporation
Team Leader and Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), Brisbane, QLDFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: blue chip company with known brand awareness
Cons: global restructuring
HP is a world leader in providing IT support to all aspects of business.

They have 2 major components for sales and sales delivery.
My role was corporate onsite and remote support.
Very Good Place to Be
Data Engineer-Specialist (Current Employee), Melbourne, BangaloreFebruary 20, 2015
Work/Life balance is superb
Won't pay well
You can retire in this company if you are not aiming high and want to live a cool life
Fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Sydney, NSWFebruary 11, 2015
Great place to Start, Learn and Develop yourself.

Fantastic Professional Experience.

Amazing Team

Market Leader with Focus
In tough times, HP has become too inwardly focussed, forgetting its clients
Enterprise Account Manager (Former Employee), Melbourne, VICFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: inwardly focused. management style.
The HP of today remains full of loyal, talented people and a few great managers. However, HP has become hamstrung by internal processes and too many ‘involved’ people, distracting its employees from focusing on HP’s clients.
Waves of workforce redundancies have left employees unable to make decisions and take calculated risks. The HP of today is about filling in spreadsheets and managing internal email communications.
The most positive aspect about life at HP is its people, though in recent years, much of the enthusiasm and spark has been beaten out of them.
HP pays a competitive salary though (sales) over achievement is becoming discouraged due to the company’s drive to reduce operational cost (such as commission payments).
I believe employees have faith in Meg Whitman and her strategy to turn the company around. Once the bloodletting stops, HP returns to being an innovator and allows itself to focus more on its customers, I believe it may once again become a great place to work.
Contract Admin Team are amazing people
Permanent - Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Forest HillJanuary 28, 2015
My typical work day consisted of starting at 7am to be online and ready for a team of Sales Reps based in New Zealand. I looked after the renewal of support contracts and whilst in me employ of HP I learnt how to use SAP.
Overall good
Technology Consultant (Current Employee), Melbourne, VICJanuary 4, 2015
Work-Life balance is good. Promotion / Career progress is a bit slow
Great Place to work
Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Depot road singaporeDecember 11, 2014
Pros: learning curve
Typical day at work was when we couldn't meet the production target due to hard down of machines. learned how to answer in the meeting from senior management n build my confident giving explanations and path forward in front of the senior management. My boss and the management was well understanding the situations arises and always very supportive. I had a great bunch of co-workers who was very responsible at work and crazy at the time when we are out of the work and time to enjoy.I really miss the time I spent in Singapore. I wouldn't leave that company if not for my PR in Australia
Lots of variety
Business Process Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), BrisbaneNovember 26, 2014
Pros: global company
Cons: long hours
Very busy, fast paced environment, where customer service is key. I learned a variety of different tasks and roles in my 6+ years with the company. The hardest part of the job was ensuring all service levels were met each month and the most enjoyable was seeing the team achieve their goals.
Large IT Outsource Company
Manager Field Support Australia (Former Employee), Rhodes NSWOctober 28, 2014
Provides IT solutions to large and small companies across the globe
Hard working exciting place to spend half your life
Seniuor Manager - Asia Pacific & Japan (Current Employee), Rhodes, SydneyOctober 14, 2014
With a great work life balance, HP is an interesting place to work daily. With access to many different business units and clients there is never a dul moment
Great company to work for
Programme Project Manager, Technical Services (Former Employee), Sydney NSWJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: struggling with market share
A giant company in the IT Industry that provides IT solutions to enterprise, small and medium business and small customers with passion, integrity and honesty.
Worklife balance
Taxation Accounting (Former Employee), Melbourne, VICMay 4, 2014
Pros: work exposure
Cons: long hours
Short stint at HP, learnt a lot from the job which is very valuable for the future
Great experience and fun to work
Senior Change Manager (Current Employee), Melbourne, VictoriaApril 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches, health checks
HP is a dynamic place to work at and has such diversity it is hard to get a grasp of it all. The good thing is you meet fantastic people and very intelligent people at the same time. Co-workers were a very close knit family with great work ethic. Hardest part of the job was actually satisfying the customer on a daily basis as you always had to be on the ball. Enjoy it all thoroughly as it is fun to have a good challenge every day and experienced people around you that you could share and feed off.
excellent work life balance
Regional UNIX Capability Team Lead (Former Employee), Melbourne, VICMarch 30, 2014
excellent work life balance. The most enjoyable part of the job was to tackle new and interesting situations.
Productive and fun place
Country Manager HP Networking (Former Employee), RhodesFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Great working environment. Lots of learning about operations, P & L, customer service.
Working Remotely and Productively
Quality and Service Improvement Manager (Current Employee), Brisbane, QLDJune 4, 2013
Pros: working remotely
Cons: long hours
Projects are usually given to us at the end of the year for the following year and most of the planning are done at the beginning of the year. What I enjoy working for this company is that you could get clear direction and work is always challenging. It keeps you on your feet.You can work remotely anywhere in the work and you are not required to be in the office as long as you can deliver on your projects.
Current Employee in Bangalore (India)
Business analyst (Former Employee), MelbourneSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: everyone working as family and friendly
Cons: compensation needs to match the market
Advice to Senior Management – A very good company with great culture.

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is a multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more