Harvey Norman Employee Reviews

Working at harvey norman for many years
WAREHOUSE ADMINISTRATION CLERK (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC9 January 2018
The sales staff are great people and are very knowledgeable in what they sell. The only problem is that the store is run under 5 departments and for each a franchisee, So when it came to organising or managing a department outside of their own, it would clash with other departments work ethic. overall, the workplace was good, enviroment was safe to a certain extent and alot of the staff are friendly.
Pros
Great sales staff.
Cons
Huge amount of workplace politics.
Management role
Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Devonport TAS9 January 2018
Management role supporting 4 franchisees, The day to day duties called for a person who would need to have had previous accounting and debit and credit officer experience.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
On the job training limited
Poor
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Norman, AU7 January 2018
toxic atmosphere, entire workforce is driven by sales and commission. Many sales people don't care about ripping off everyone to ensure they make their targets.
An absolute fun company to work for.
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia7 January 2018
Fantastic place to grow and get ahead in your career, providing you with all the tools to improve yourself.

You'll learn a lot along the way that your work for this company, I can truly say it was more like a university for me that made me who I am today.

Great people and fun to work with. We all had fun and help each other always.

One of the greatest company with 10000+ employee and over 200 stores and many offices around the world.
Only causes anxiety
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA29 December 2017
Working here has only cause me anxiety. The franchisee believes he’s never in the wrong, it’s all the customers or the employees fault. Commition is never paid out as soon as possible. Constantly abused about little things. And never asked to work, always told.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
The job
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norman, AU12 December 2017
I only worked Part time as a cashier at the Harvey Norman Store in Bennett's Green Gateshead in New South Wales. At time's it was slow, however I did ask for additional work and completed filing in between my usual duties
Pros
close to work, lovely staff to work with
Cons
could be a little boring at times
Excellent company to work for
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Deniliquin NSW1 December 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed working at Harvey Norman, they take great care for employees and supply excellent training. Would highly recommend for anyone wanting to expand their retail knowledge.
Challenging
Small Appliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, AU25 November 2017
A wonderful experience, very fulfilling. Extremely fast paced workplace with every opportunity for self advancement. KPI & targets were always at the forefront but if you worked hard, remained focused you would be well rewarded.Excellent ongoing training.
Pros
personal growth
Cons
warehouse size premises with inadequate heating/cooling
not the most enjoyable place to work
Cooking Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Moore Park NSW15 November 2017
The workplace culture is the problem in H. Norman Stores,
The structure of the business is the problem, sales people with very
little knowledge then mistakes on the invoices no dedicated person
to solve general problems .
Pros
Easy drive to work
Cons
workplace culture is poor
Not a happy work environment
Sales/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW14 November 2017
Day to day sales it was very conflicting everyone was out for themself as it was a commission structure so there was no team atmosphere.
I didnt enjoy working every weekend
But with commission there was always potential to earn mor
Nothing to report
Administration /Debtors Officer (Former Employee) –  Hervey Bay QLD9 November 2017
Harvey Norman need to increase the wages especially for Administration staff. The only advantage was getting discount on goods. There is nothing else to report, as it is better to not say anything if you don't have anything good to say
Pros
Discount on goods
Cons
Getting abused by customers
Loved helpng people and selling them the right products for them
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cannonvale QLD8 November 2017
I enjoyed selling and making commission. I was very good at helping people find what they were looking for. I had great satisfaction in this role. I was the extended warranty queen and trained other staff to sell extended warranty on all white goods. It was very competitive between the staff to earn their commission and make their target budget for the month.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Standing on your feet all day
Fun and friendly
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Gepps Cross SA5 November 2017
All staff members were nice and reliable, they didn't slack off and they pushed for more than what had to be achieved. Working at Harvey Norman helped me learn a lot of skills that you can use in multiple different work forces.
Can have good people to work with
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrawong NSW29 October 2017
This job can be hard as in the environment is very competitive. It can be great through, the people are usually really great and you have some nice customers.
Excellent place to work for
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 October 2017
All I ask is to provide suffiecent training tothe new staff who comes into the store otherwise the company is excellent to work for.

The work place culture is the best , the mangement gives you the freedom to rise and shine .

Overall an excellent company to work for any time in my life.
Pros
Sharing and caring for lunches and dinners
Cons
No long hours at all
new store and great team
2IC - Sales Manager - Computer department (Former Employee) –  Emerald QLD18 October 2017
we all started from the get go together and we found our own paths as to where our strengths were and this helped alot with the team dynamic and the atmosphere in the store
Great company depending on location
Large Appliance Sales, commission based (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 October 2017
I worked in two seperate branches doing the same job. One in Sydney, and one on the north island of New Zealand. The potential to make money VIA commission sales varies tremendously on the location of the store. All in all it was a great place to work, that is slightly behind the times.
Experienced Retail.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT and Batemans Bay NSW12 October 2017
Hiring staff, approaching customers, receiving stock, faulty returns, finance contracts, trade nights.
All aspects of retail including Admin.
I was responsible for hiring some staff. In charge of cashiers. Booking Appointments. Selling Electrical Appliances, White Goods and Brown Goods. Also customer service with dissatisfied customers and liaison between customers and manufacturers or suppliers. Goods receiving and dispatching. Checking accounts.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Long days sometimes
Learning Experience
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Homebush NSW17 September 2017
Great stepping stone into your career. There are great staff discounts with stores. Culture of team was fantastic and we had a very team based environment.
exeptional place to work
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mudgee NSW14 September 2017
friendly staff and management tams they give extensive and through training and everyone is willing to help you out when you get stuck and they have a 5 star customer service its a very fun and rewarding place to work.
Pros
commision and sales incentives, discounts for staff and free products
Cons
lunch breaks where very hard to get