Harvey Norman Employee Reviews

Not a happy work environment
Sales/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW14 November 2017
Day to day sales it was very conflicting everyone was out for themself as it was a commission structure so there was no team atmosphere.
I didnt enjoy working every weekend
But with commission there was always potential to earn mor
Nothing to report
Administration /Debtors Officer (Former Employee) –  Hervey Bay QLD9 November 2017
Harvey Norman need to increase the wages especially for Administration staff. The only advantage was getting discount on goods. There is nothing else to report, as it is better to not say anything if you don't have anything good to say
Pros
Discount on goods
Cons
Getting abused by customers
Loved helpng people and selling them the right products for them
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cannonvale QLD8 November 2017
I enjoyed selling and making commission. I was very good at helping people find what they were looking for. I had great satisfaction in this role. I was the extended warranty queen and trained other staff to sell extended warranty on all white goods. It was very competitive between the staff to earn their commission and make their target budget for the month.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Standing on your feet all day
Fun and friendly
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Gepps Cross SA5 November 2017
All staff members were nice and reliable, they didn't slack off and they pushed for more than what had to be achieved. Working at Harvey Norman helped me learn a lot of skills that you can use in multiple different work forces.
Can have good people to work with
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrawong NSW29 October 2017
This job can be hard as in the environment is very competitive. It can be great through, the people are usually really great and you have some nice customers.
Excellent place to work for
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 October 2017
All I ask is to provide suffiecent training tothe new staff who comes into the store otherwise the company is excellent to work for.

The work place culture is the best , the mangement gives you the freedom to rise and shine .

Overall an excellent company to work for any time in my life.
Pros
Sharing and caring for lunches and dinners
Cons
No long hours at all
new store and great team
2IC - Sales Manager - Computer department (Former Employee) –  Emerald QLD18 October 2017
we all started from the get go together and we found our own paths as to where our strengths were and this helped alot with the team dynamic and the atmosphere in the store
Great company depending on location
Large Appliance Sales, commission based (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 October 2017
I worked in two seperate branches doing the same job. One in Sydney, and one on the north island of New Zealand. The potential to make money VIA commission sales varies tremendously on the location of the store. All in all it was a great place to work, that is slightly behind the times.
Experienced Retail.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT and Batemans Bay NSW12 October 2017
Hiring staff, approaching customers, receiving stock, faulty returns, finance contracts, trade nights.
All aspects of retail including Admin.
I was responsible for hiring some staff. In charge of cashiers. Booking Appointments. Selling Electrical Appliances, White Goods and Brown Goods. Also customer service with dissatisfied customers and liaison between customers and manufacturers or suppliers. Goods receiving and dispatching. Checking accounts.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Long days sometimes
Learning Experience
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Homebush NSW17 September 2017
Great stepping stone into your career. There are great staff discounts with stores. Culture of team was fantastic and we had a very team based environment.

Want to know more about Harvey Norman?

Ask a question
Harvey Norman has 3 different areas. I worked in electrical.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD14 September 2017
My day started with greeting staff and starting up the computers then dealing with customers as they needed to pay for purchases in store, or returns as they came in.
Pros
Great staff very friendly
Cons
Computer program I found hard to get to know
exeptional place to work
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mudgee NSW14 September 2017
friendly staff and management tams they give extensive and through training and everyone is willing to help you out when you get stuck and they have a 5 star customer service its a very fun and rewarding place to work.
Pros
commision and sales incentives, discounts for staff and free products
Cons
lunch breaks where very hard to get
Good Company
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 August 2017
Good place to kick off warehousing career and gain experience, but the salary doesn't match people's skills and as they develop there comes a high staff turnover
Not bad.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Australia28 August 2017
A good place to work if you enjoy sales, the commision aspect can make it difficult to get the correct pay as everyone tries to steal sales from you. Overall a good place to work though.
Poor managment, but good workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Ryde NSW17 August 2017
Management was very poorly conducted.
the other staff are friendly and willing to help
the week spent during my work experience was very underwhelming, but despite this due to the other workers are friendly and willing to help
Pros
Light work load
Cons
repetitive
Great experience.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD13 August 2017
I value my time spent at Harvey Norman. I learnt a lot about sales working on the floor at Harvey Norman Townsville and the Gold Coast. Working my way up to cashiers manager was also a great learning experience.
Productive fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norman, AU19 July 2017
Typical day starts with doing the till and then ensuring the store layout is presentable and ready for trade.The people I worked with are from all different backgrounds and cultures, the hardest part of the job was leaving..
Pros
Extra incentives
Cons
Short breaks
Manager ripping off employees
Sales Assistant (former) (Former Employee) –  Young NSW19 July 2017
Harvey norman overall is a great company but the franchisee at Young NSW is ripping off employees by not paying them their right commissions and spivs. He has for many months claimes to have paid spivs to employees but has covered up his non payment by saying that all things are paid in commission when looking at payslip. They arent and he's just been pocketing the money. He doesn't pay the full hours of overtime and will only pay half or less of what is owed. Employees have to chase down non payment of commission for weeks before it's actually paid but its never the correct amount. If its questioned you risk loosing your job. Harvey norman bosses need to get rid of the franchisees that are no good. A worker shouldn't have to worry about speakingup and loosing theirjob over it.
Pros
Cons
All of them
Large workplace with number of electrical products.
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 July 2017
Harvey Norman was a good working space with great staff.
I had learned the specifications of every product in electricals in order to sell them to customers.
A typical day at work involved me introducing products and answering customer enquiries both in person or over the phone.
work
Storeman (Former Employee) –  Auburn NSW20 June 2017
was plenty good lots of repetitive hard and easy work, order picking and unloading/. evryone worked well together and i would deffenitly work there again