Hays Employee Reviews

Could improve better on their online system
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Bankstown NSW8 July 2017
Improve their network systems on the computer, the receptionist poor customer service, lack sufficient information to customers, not punctual when setting up appointments with customers, not revising on what the customer has filled (paper or computer) before telling them to leave and then having the customer coming back in to fix what need to be fix
It's good to work with this company as every week you getting updated availability but I was getting less hours with them so that's my problem...
Educator/ trainer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC19 June 2017
As previously I done casual work in childcare and through agency I got lots of experience to work in different childcares and kindergartens and just need to get more work hours so that I can earn more and get more experience..
Pros
Well guidance as they held monthly meetings and gives us more info and knowledge in our field
Cons
Less hours of work..
Good place to find work.
Junior Medical Doctor Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 May 2017
Great place to find you work. Not good at getting pay rises but good at getting other roles for you. Pay on time and easy to deal with. Quick to find you work especially full time roles in human resources with the government (most experience with).
Pros
Getting human resources roles.
Cons
Not push for a pay rise for you just move you on to another job placement.
Friendly workplace.
Maintenance plumber (Former Employee) –  Bowen basin16 May 2017
Friendly staff, provide feedback on workers performance - as noticed by site supervisor and by clients.
More consistent hours would be preferable rather than being called in as needed but have enjoyed my working time with Hays and their clientele.
Pros
Positive feedback on workers efforts
Cons
Inconsistent work
a positive team,
Demolition laborer (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington16 May 2017
I am a fit active person, Love the outdoors can work both in a team environment as well on my own, i'm a type of individual who just wants to get the job done right and only once.
most of my job experiance is in labouring but during my labouring experience i have lernt alot of skills over my years.
i bring a positive Attitude every day and try to leave that vibe with my co workers
Varied employers
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 May 2017
I enjoyed working for the Temp agency, it provided good experience in a variety of workplaces, and allowed me to learn new skills, and spend more time with a young family than full time employment would
Good skills but Under paid
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Government21 March 2017
I worked for hays nearly 3 months and I found they are taking 40% my salary for recruiting me for one of the government agency.

They are the liers
Pros
Quick turnaround
Cons
Salary
Always willing to find a job for you
Balmoral Operations - Receptionist (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 February 2017
Helpful in finding a job, Always checking up, Good pay, Easy interview.

Only worked them for a short while but good experience.
productive and fun workplace
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Pilbara WA13 February 2017
went as process technician to an other mine for this company, it was very productive and enjoyable good rooms and a good wet mess,plenty of good food at the mess
Hays
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Queensland2 February 2017
Hard work day and night, love the environment being out in the mines.10 hour shifts every time Im at work, the job is hard but I love hard work because I love getting challenged. Team work is the most important thing while working out there. I learnt a lot of good skills being kitchen hand, house keeper and all around hospitality. The hardest part of working out in the mine site was the heat. Everyday was very hot especially being a house keeper, but it still didn't stop me from working. The most thing I enjoyed was working with my team mates!
Productive and Fun Work Place
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney26 January 2017
Very cliquey which can be intimidating.
Great management and encouragement.
Fast paced and busy environment but great social life balance.
Lots of work socials, Friday drinks etc.
Professinal
Trades Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA18 January 2017
Very good management of people. Good understanding of peoples needs. Very helpful of getting you assignments. Always making sure that you are not exposed to any unsafe situations through your reporting processes.
I was placed by Hays. I didnt work for them
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC15 January 2017
I constantly see jobs advertised. Jobs I am suited for. The recruitment staff at Hays never call to advise of, or offer a start in the position advertised. I have found them to be lazy and very unprofessional.
Pros
I had a job.
Cons
It lasted 2 weeks. I was made redundant, promised more work that didn't eventuate
effective in placing people
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA8 January 2017
happy to continue to work with Hays. Staying in contact with me during the contract period and notified me if changes were occurring. No issues with pays
Good constant recruitment work
Electrician working Construction (Former Employee) –  Perth WA27 December 2016
they often found me continues work. They checked up on us regularly and kept me in the loop when they couldn't find work for me. Pay wasn't always the best.
Temp
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW11 November 2016
I have done temp work for Hays at many different times in my working career, you are given a variety of work within your fields, the staff are wonderful caring people always there for you at any time
Great place to work with lots of opportunity
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney27 October 2016
I have enjoyed Hays and jumped at every opportunity I could take. I would stay with this company however, I wish to relocate my family away from the Sydney area.
Pretty good
Defect Rectificatio (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 October 2016
over all Hays are good to walk for.
The pay on time and i have never had an issue with pay

Do their best to keep you working as long as you do the right thing
Incompetant recruitment staff
Kitchen Utility/All rounder (Current Employee) –  Mackay QLD20 October 2016
Initially really good to work for until recruitment staff started varying frequently. Ignorant and incompetant new recruitment person resulted in my financial instability because of lost contract soley based on her ignorance.
Pros
Mostly great working conditions
Cons
Long stints away from home
Great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Australia12 September 2016
Loved it!
Would recommend it to anyone!

It was fun, exciting, I enjoyed working with different people all the time in different areas, it was always new!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hays. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8