Hays Employee Reviews

Substandard Labour Hire Sharks
DEMOLITION LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 February 2018
-7am-2pm
-learned how to barrow concrete
-what management, i was labour hire on assignment
-incompetent workplace culture
-hardest part of job is inflexibility by them but you are expected to bend anyway they want
-leaving
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
People are great at H/O
Administrator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Perth WA10 February 2018
Working for Hays is great ,always have work and time off when needed without having to explain to much .
Recruiter is fantastic .
Pay is always in your bank on time .
Pros
Always have work
Labor Hire company
Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD30 January 2018
Great to work for but limited jobs on Gold Coast job was only six months on City of Gold Coast Council no job offers since. All job and time sheets are computer based still waiting for last super payments.
Good pay for rubbish work
Parking Ranger (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 January 2018
Stressful environment, aggressive people, competitive co employees, work in every condition known to man and still expected to perform at your highest ability.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Corrupt councils, lack of communication, aggressive environments, high KPIs
comment on workplace culture
Industrial Painter (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 December 2017
normal hour doing what assignment through the day given task.using tools to sanding,grinding and spraying equipment and operating forklift.in between level 50/50 understanding passing and delegate yo personnel/casual worker or contractors.the workplace are fair and equal opportunity culture.the work loads and confine space in the paint shop section.sharing little of joke and sense of humor.
Pros
Bbq
Cons
rush job and less overtime given to casual worker
na
Landscape Labourer (Current Employee) –  Belmont14 December 2017
You want to work flexibly but with always-on communication you must strike the right balance between life and work to avoid the growing epidemic of employee burnout, says recruiting experts Hays.
Told me they would sponsor me which was BS
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC6 December 2017
Everything they did from day one of working there was the opposite to what was discussed in the interview. They set unrealistic targets, bullied us all into overworking. Terrible over the top call centre environment. Avoid like the plague!
Pros
Cons
misleading, crooks
good chance to see some different sites with doing fifo
Cooking/Food prep (Current Employee) –  Western Australia21 November 2017
i enjoy hays as i got to see some different sites around western Australia and meet lots of people. Head Office seem easy to contact and work with . also great at dealing with little problems that might come up.
Pros
getting to see different sites
Cons
not always having work .
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 October 2017
More often than not I'd get given a job which was supposed to last for months, then the job gets cut short after 2 days and I'm back to waiting for work. Not a fantastic agency by any means.
Pros
Friendlt work mates
Cons
Inconsistent work
Its very good company
Assistant educator (Current Employee) –  Hampton North VIC7 September 2017
It helps me making me confident nd made me financially strong as well nd also provide me enough confident to build good communication skills . I love to work with them
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Far distances
Great place to build your work experience
Administrative Assistant Burwood (Current Employee) –  Burwood VIC16 August 2017
I joined Hays when I was in my first year of university. I have really appreciated the efforts within communication they provide, the check up on you to make sure everything at work is going well. They keep you updated with everything and I believe they really go out of their way to make sure you are satisfied with the jobs they provide to you.
It was a very long time ago to make comment
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Gippsland VIC30 July 2017
It was a very long time ago to make comment. From memory I found this organisation to be very professional and obliging, but in all honesty it was a long time ago
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Suited my situation at the time
casual work no guarantees of work
Relief Chef (Current Employee) –  Mackay QLD23 July 2017
Good job for a single person not if you have a family.
Managers on site generally good to work for. have been working in the Bowen Basin for a couple of years now.
Pros
reasonable pay
Cons
can be long breaks between jobs
Could improve better on their online system
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Bankstown NSW8 July 2017
Improve their network systems on the computer, the receptionist poor customer service, lack sufficient information to customers, not punctual when setting up appointments with customers, not revising on what the customer has filled (paper or computer) before telling them to leave and then having the customer coming back in to fix what need to be fix
It's good to work with this company as every week you getting updated availability but I was getting less hours with them so that's my problem...
Educator/ trainer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC19 June 2017
As previously I done casual work in childcare and through agency I got lots of experience to work in different childcares and kindergartens and just need to get more work hours so that I can earn more and get more experience..
Pros
Well guidance as they held monthly meetings and gives us more info and knowledge in our field
Cons
Less hours of work..
Wonderful Company
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Australia8 June 2017
When I moved to Australia, I was looking for part time work. I began to look for a temp agency while job searching. I came across this agency, and they were so nice and helpful. They told me right away they could not promise to find work, but they did on the same day that I interviewed with them. They always checked to make sure I was comfortable at each job, and provided smooth communication with each employer. I would highly recommend this agency.
Good place to find work.
Junior Medical Doctor Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 May 2017
Great place to find you work. Not good at getting pay rises but good at getting other roles for you. Pay on time and easy to deal with. Quick to find you work especially full time roles in human resources with the government (most experience with).
Pros
Getting human resources roles.
Cons
Not push for a pay rise for you just move you on to another job placement.
Friendly workplace.
Maintenance plumber (Former Employee) –  Bowen basin16 May 2017
Friendly staff, provide feedback on workers performance - as noticed by site supervisor and by clients.
More consistent hours would be preferable rather than being called in as needed but have enjoyed my working time with Hays and their clientele.
Pros
Positive feedback on workers efforts
Cons
Inconsistent work
Varied employers
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 May 2017
I enjoyed working for the Temp agency, it provided good experience in a variety of workplaces, and allowed me to learn new skills, and spend more time with a young family than full time employment would
good
Licensed Electrician (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 April 2017
happy with everything that hays had to offer . friendly staff and prompt communication . the jobs they had to offer were applicable to my skill set. happy to be on their records
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hays. Our community is ready to answer.