Hume City Council Employee Reviews

safety of school cossing pedestrians
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC6 July 2017
learned to respect school crossing
management backed up all calls that were placed upon them
the most enjoyable part of my job was to meet and greet daily school crossing pedestrians
Pros
short hours
Cons
meet local residents
A environment where career progression is constantly promoted
Qualified Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Broadmeadows VIC12 October 2016
An effective place overall to be working at, ideal for someone looking to startup a career
And also a good challenging environment to test your skill in
Interactive with new faces everytime
Event Coodinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 June 2016
It work as a volunteer there to explore my skills and that duty help me to do so. They provide a opportunity to gain good experience that help you in future jobs.
Pros
Envirnment
Cons
Action packed and full of variety.
Hume Volunteer Gateway Program Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC5 November 2015
A typical day at work in our Global Learning Center involves a lot of people contact. Every day is different. Our center is a vibrant hub, a place where community members connect with technology, learning and training. Our center offers the opportunity for people to network over a coffee in our cafe or in our private meeting rooms or outside in our civic plaza. Patrons can borrow a book, participate in a bilingual story time, access free computer training, borrow a book or a magazine, download music, surf the net, print, scan, photocopy, learn another language or just pass by to say hello.

Visitors drop in to find out about volunteering opportunities; community groups inquire about finding a local project for their group to volunteer for; not-for-profits make contact to source volunteers through our Gateway program for an event; new registrations and inquires are received every day; our lovely office volunteers provide our program with admin support and bring with them, fresh ideas for our program; we celebrate our volunteers birthdays and treat them just like they were paid staff. We receive good news stories from volunteers who have secured paid work through the skill development and networking they have done through their voluntary role. We have team meetings, network meetings, lunchbox sessions, walking meetings, one-on-one's, office lunches and social club events.

Not one day is ever the same. We meet people from all over the world who are new to Australia and would like to connect into our community through learning programs and recreational activities. We
  more... promote all of our Learning Programs to each and every person who enters our center. We strive to empower each individual in our community, to make a difference to their lives through our vision and mission of lifelong learning.  less
Pros
Family friendly policy, close to home, working in my own community.
Was Great
Hume Craigeburn Library (Former Employee) –  Craigieburn, VIC3 October 2015
Experience at the Hume Library was a comfortable and simple, there were chances to work with children and to participate in the community. Team members are great to work with and are very supportive forming a comfortable environment for all.
Pros
Wonderful environment
Cons
Tiring at the end of the day
Well managed & good work life balance
Property Services supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC6 July 2015
Hume is exceptional at supporting staff to undertake their daily role.
Training is available to all those who seek to improve in their day to day role.
Wage system is slightly restrictive being on a local government banding system.
Good variety of work .
Pros
Support & team work
Cons
Lower wages
a great place to work with great people
Traffic & Transport Engineer (Former Employee) –  Broadmeadows, VIC24 January 2015
A typical day at work include design works of projects that you manage; providing services to the general public which often include meeting with them regarding their traffic concerns or their plans to do works around their residence such as adding units in the backyard; meeting with external engineers that are working on the organisation's projects to make sure these contractors are on schedule, budget, and time; assisting councillors to provide information to their constituents; reviewing subdivision plans and providing technical inputs to contractors or lead engineer of that project, reviewing development plans and providing them written approvals. it was a great place to work, made many friends throughout the whole organisation.
Pros
friendships with the people in the organisation, variety of works; going out to meet the public regarding their concerns
Cons
getting residents to be in comliance with regulations and codes
This was a volunteer job
Data entry Administrator and Tutor (Former Employee) –  Broadmeadows17 November 2014
I did mostly data entry, Answering phone call and making calls. I liked the job as it gave me experience in what it is like to work in an office environment. The main problem I had there was too many people working on the same job and instead doing my own job I was spending too much time fixing other peoples mistakes which made it look like I was not doing my own work and leaving it to other people to do it. My manager was always saying he liked the way I can pick up things that even he did not notice and that is a good gift to have in the industry.
Pros
Gave me an insight on office work.
Cons
Too many inexperience workers and fixing their mistakes.
Lovely place to work for
School Crossing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Vic24 April 2014
Loved working as a School Crossing Supervisor flexible hours lovely people great job overall
Excellent company to work for with great staff and management
Library Officer (Former Employee) –  The Age Library16 August 2013
Overall a good experience in working for this company, they had an excellent life/work balance focus and all the staff from top Management down had a customer focus approach and were all about serving the community.